Author Topic: Responsible gun owner protects personal property  (Read 124024 times)

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
Re: Responsible gun owner protects personal property
« Reply #350 on: July 27, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 28, 2014, 07:52:52 AM »

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 31, 2014, 11:23:01 AM »
i like the part where he said he went to the airport just to get coffee

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2014, 11:24:21 AM »
if there's one thing that our constitutional drafting forefathers had in mind when laying ink to paper it was the right to carry an assault rifle into the airport starbucks without having to deal with some lady giving me a weird look

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:08 AM »
who's the big powerful man now? probably the guy with the assault rifle and half caf latte!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:42 AM »
i like the part where he said he went to the airport just to get coffee

Best coffee is always at an out of terminal airport Starbucks

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2014, 11:26:56 AM »
LOL

“It certainly was concerning to other passengers at the airport, not knowing why this individual was walking around with an assault rifle slung over his arm,” Martos told local CBS affiliate KPHO. He also noted that this wasn’t the first time Steinmetz brought an assault rifle to PHX, citing an incident that occurred last November, only a few days after a gunman killed a TSA agent at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX).

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »
i assume this is the same guy as on the daily show.  and the video that stewart showed was the relevant video.  if so, he didn't point his gun at anyone (purposely).  just had it slung over his shoulder and took it off to sit down.  then got arrested.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: July 31, 2014, 10:49:05 PM »
looked for the clip on the daily show.  didn't see it.  i'm probably misremembering where i saw it.  anyways, this has the same footage that i saw.

http://www.kpho.com/story/26134030/pd-man-at-sky-harbor-pointed-rifle-at-mom-teen

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2014, 09:13:45 AM »
that video (without captions) would have been a great entry in the travel thread guess where i am game

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2014, 12:20:16 PM »
i assume this is the same guy as on the daily show.  and the video that stewart showed was the relevant video.  if so, he didn't point his gun at anyone (purposely).  just had it slung over his shoulder and took it off to sit down.  then got arrested.

Geez.  Still, the man should've practiced "muzzle awareness".  Even in Iraq, I was strapped with a rifle (so was everybody else, obviously), but we always had to keep it muzzle down even when we sat down in the chow-hall.  Hopefully the man learned his lesson, but probably not.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2014, 12:30:29 PM »

Geez.  Still, the man should've practiced "muzzle awareness".  Even in Iraq, I was strapped with a rifle (so was everybody else, obviously), but we always had to keep it muzzle down even when we sat down in the chow-hall.  Hopefully the man learned his lesson, but probably not.

never read anything about muzzle awareness in a little piece of paper known as the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 04, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
http://cjonline.com/news/2014-08-03/lenexa-murder-suspect-says-he-was-kidnapped

So now the guy is saying he was abducted, which doesn't seem to pan out according to surveillance videos.  (Man, cameras are absolutely everywhere these days.)

I figure he's in house rifling through crap, residents get home and there's a confrontation.  Weird that the guy with the knife got the drop on a guy with a gun. 

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 04, 2014, 11:30:51 AM »

So now the guy is saying he was abducted, which doesn't seem to pan out according to surveillance videos.  (Man, cameras are absolutely everywhere these days.)

I figure he's in house rifling through crap, residents get home and there's a confrontation.  Weird that the guy with the knife got the drop on a guy with a gun.
If he was trying to leave and then wouldn't let him leave, is that technically kidnapping?

Bullshit either way. But I'm just curious.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 04, 2014, 01:35:23 PM »

If he was trying to leave and then wouldn't let him leave, is that technically kidnapping?

I think if someone is robbing your house you can legally take custody of them and call the cops (citizen's arrest).

Statute 22-2403: Arrest by private person. A person who is not a law enforcement officer may arrest another person when: (1) A felony has been or is being committed and the person making the arrest has probable cause to believe that the arrested person is guilty thereof; or
(2) any crime, other than a traffic infraction or a cigarette or tobacco infraction, has been or is being committed by the arrested person in the view of the person making the arrest.

Statute 21-3216: Private person's use of force in making arrest. (1) A private person who makes, or assists another private person in making a lawful arrest is justified in the use of any force which he would be justified in using if he were summoned or directed by a law enforcement officer to make such arrest, except that he is justified in the use of force likely to cause death or great bodily harm only when he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another. (2) A private person who is summoned or directed by a law enforcement officer to assist in making an arrest which is unlawful, is justified in the use of any force which he would be justified in using if the arrest were lawful.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 04, 2014, 01:37:54 PM »

I think if someone is robbing your house you can legally take custody of them and call the cops (citizen's arrest).

Statute 22-2403: Arrest by private person. A person who is not a law enforcement officer may arrest another person when: (1) A felony has been or is being committed and the person making the arrest has probable cause to believe that the arrested person is guilty thereof; or
(2) any crime, other than a traffic infraction or a cigarette or tobacco infraction, has been or is being committed by the arrested person in the view of the person making the arrest.

Statute 21-3216: Private person's use of force in making arrest. (1) A private person who makes, or assists another private person in making a lawful arrest is justified in the use of any force which he would be justified in using if he were summoned or directed by a law enforcement officer to make such arrest, except that he is justified in the use of force likely to cause death or great bodily harm only when he reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or another. (2) A private person who is summoned or directed by a law enforcement officer to assist in making an arrest which is unlawful, is justified in the use of any force which he would be justified in using if the arrest were lawful.

It's going to be an interesting case, considering the kidnapper is dead. This seems like a clear case of stand your ground self defense to me.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:28 PM »

It's going to be an interesting case, considering the kidnapper is dead. This seems like a clear case of stand your ground self defense to me.

Crappy troll.   :facepalm:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »

Yeah. I think the guy is full of crap. I was curious if this was going to turn into a Zimmerman type loophole case. I'm hoping it doesn't

Offline schreds21

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 05, 2014, 12:20:32 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/boy-fatally-stabbed-12-old-playground-152425770.html?soc_src=copy

Hide your knives boys!  They will be coming for them!   :runaway:

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 05, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »

Yeah. I think the guy is full of crap. I was curious if this was going to turn into a Zimmerman type loophole case. I'm hoping it doesn't

luckily he didn't kill a black teenager so he should get the book thrown at him.

*He may have killed a black teenager, I didn't bother reading the details of the case.