Author Topic: Sad.  (Read 23520 times)

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sad.
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2015, 01:55:40 PM »
Can't imagine being the guy who swung the bat.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2015, 02:00:35 PM »
Can't imagine being the guy who swung the bat.

this picture rough ridin' crushed me.

that has to be the worst feeling possible.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2015, 02:01:28 PM »
I can't even think about this

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2015, 02:06:47 PM »
I can't even think about this

neither can I SD.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2015, 02:15:40 PM »
Tears in a meeting.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2015, 02:19:05 PM »

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2015, 03:42:43 PM »
omg I just got that sick feeling in my stomach and started to well up a little bit.  No words :(
@lopakman

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2015, 03:48:26 PM »
I'm going to hug WNKjr a little extra tonight.  Hearing/reading about this whether it be the first time or 10th time makes me feel like my body weight doubles.  So awful.
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 04, 2015, 09:33:10 AM »
They just showed him on sportscenter.  :frown:

The Big Train

« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2017, 07:47:41 PM »
My grandpa just went into surgery for an intestinal issue, he's been in the hospital since Saturday.  He's 88 and the one who played basketball on the '51 KSU hoops team.  Keep this KSU cat in your thoughts.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2017, 07:52:33 PM »
Go cats and prayers

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2017, 08:02:43 PM »
I hope it goes well TBT. 

The Big Train

« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »
Surgery went well and was successful according to the Dr.  He will be in the hospital for another 4 days to recover.  He's already survived a heart attack and quadruple bypass, he's a badass mother rough rider(obviously).   :emawkid:

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2017, 08:58:57 PM »
Good news.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 23, 2017, 11:07:56 AM »
 :thumbs: Happy to hear. My grandmas with hospice right now and they're saying just a few more weeks left. She's 88 too and has never been the same since grandpa passed away in 04'. She wants this, so it's hard to feel sad for her, but still. She's completely stopped eating. Hope it's painless.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 29, 2017, 11:28:01 AM »
These kids go to school with my kids. We don't really know the family, although are connected to them through school stuff and mutual friends. The younger girl who is still in the hospital is a kindergartner with my daughter, but they're in different classes. Pick off and drop offs last week and this morning had tears flowing from parents and teachers alike. Sad day in our part of the city.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/article169905927.html

No surprise to anyone who teaches, but I've been wowed at how much the teachers and principal at the school love these kids. Really thankful to see the community rally around this fam.

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 29, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »
Very sad, best of luck to the surviving girl
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 14, 2017, 01:34:44 PM »
Granddad died yesterday.  I've been really lucky as he's the first of my grandparents to go.  My uncle posted this little bio which made me both happy and sad.  He was a great guy.

Quote from: Uncle Steve
I am sad to let you know that yesterday, David Wayne H***** Jr., 90, died peacefully surrounded by family at the Estes Park Medical Center following a brief illness.

He leaves behind his wife of 72 years, Betty H*****; his five children, twelve grandchildren and five great grandchildren.

Dad was born in Tulsa, the son of Wayne and Dorothy H*****. In his early years, David helped his dad with Empire Express Delivery Service and subsequently at the Tulsa World and Tribune as a paperboy. David and Betty met in high school and after graduating from Bartlesville High, they married and David enlisted in the U.S. Navy to serve as an aircraft gunner and mechanic in World War II. After World War II ended, David and Betty moved to Stillwater, OK where David attended and graduated from Oklahoma State University (Oklahoma A&M at the time) with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Statistics. After graduating, David went to work for IBM for 34 years in and around Kansas City until he retired in 1983.

After retiring from IBM, David joined the International Executives Service Corps and toured the world assisting and mentoring international entrepreneurs in business growth and development. After spending 23 years in Oskaloosa, Kansas, David and Betty retired to Estes Park Colorado in 1999, where the family has vacationed annually since 1960.

David instilled a love and appreciation of music into his children and grandchildren. He and Betty would often gather the children around and play whatever instrument was handy and all sing together. An enthusiastic sportsman, he began the annual family pheasant hunt trip to South Dakota with family friends through five generations (and still going!). David also enjoyed hiking with his children, grandchildren, and many family dogs over the years. In accordance with his wishes, we will have a “hootenanny” send-off filled with music, family and friends at a later date.
:adios:

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 14, 2017, 02:12:29 PM »
he sounds like a very wonderful guy. I love the hootenanny part

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2017, 02:17:46 PM »
He sounds like a great man 8man. 72 years of marriage is incredible and inspiring to me.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2017, 02:59:36 PM »
Also the 35 years of retirement

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2017, 03:13:37 PM »
Also the 35 years of retirement

haha, yes

sorry for your loss 8m

Offline GregKSU1027

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Cats, man
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2017, 03:20:55 PM »
Granddad died yesterday.  I've been really lucky as he's the first of my grandparents to go.  My uncle posted this little bio which made me both happy and sad.  He was a great guy.

Quote from: Uncle Steve
I am sad to let you know that yesterday, David Wayne H***** Jr., 90, died peacefully surrounded by family at the Estes Park Medical Center following a brief illness.

He leaves behind his wife of 72 years, Betty H*****; his five children, twelve grandchildren and five great grandchildren.

Dad was born in Tulsa, the son of Wayne and Dorothy H*****. In his early years, David helped his dad with Empire Express Delivery Service and subsequently at the Tulsa World and Tribune as a paperboy. David and Betty met in high school and after graduating from Bartlesville High, they married and David enlisted in the U.S. Navy to serve as an aircraft gunner and mechanic in World War II. After World War II ended, David and Betty moved to Stillwater, OK where David attended and graduated from Oklahoma State University (Oklahoma A&M at the time) with a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics and Statistics. After graduating, David went to work for IBM for 34 years in and around Kansas City until he retired in 1983.

After retiring from IBM, David joined the International Executives Service Corps and toured the world assisting and mentoring international entrepreneurs in business growth and development. After spending 23 years in Oskaloosa, Kansas, David and Betty retired to Estes Park Colorado in 1999, where the family has vacationed annually since 1960.

David instilled a love and appreciation of music into his children and grandchildren. He and Betty would often gather the children around and play whatever instrument was handy and all sing together. An enthusiastic sportsman, he began the annual family pheasant hunt trip to South Dakota with family friends through five generations (and still going!). David also enjoyed hiking with his children, grandchildren, and many family dogs over the years. In accordance with his wishes, we will have a “hootenanny” send-off filled with music, family and friends at a later date.
Sorry to hear about your loss 8man, I lost two grandparents and a great aunt and uncle when i was in the third grade, all of which i was very close with. I feel for you, grandparents are some of the most cherished people in a person's life. I hope all is well.
“He plays for Kansas State. He doesn't play for Will Howard University." -Chris Klieman 10/14/2023

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
My condolences 8man. Sounds like a great grandfather. I miss mine dearly.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 19, 2019, 06:55:49 PM »
:frown:

Just over 10 years ago my step dad died. My mom got a puppy to help her grieve a week later. She named him Francis, which was my step dads middle name. He’s been happy and healthy until about 3 weeks ago. My mom had to take him to the vet and he had to stay a few days. He got better though and my mom picked him up and on the way home she stopped at Walgreens.

When she got out of the car he jumped into the front seat and dislocated his back leg. So right back to the vet and he was in a sling. This was like 2 weeks ago. He had been doing great until yesterday he got really sick again. My mom took him back to the vet and he took a turn for the worst this morning. She had to put him down this morning. :frown:  He was the best boy.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f