Author Topic: More contraception, more pro-life  (Read 9647 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: More contraception, more pro-life
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2014, 02:29:08 PM »
I would views the % of people who "shouldn't" have kids is relatively static across all income demographics, and the availability of "free BC" on those percentages would be about the same as the increase in "sugar bugs" if free candycanes were provided to the public.

If you aren't walking to the corner walgreens to spend $3 onrubbers, you sure as eff aren't taking the bus across town tovet them for free at the clinic. Get serious retards.  Maybe if we had a govt. paid for trojan man go door to door. . .
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2014, 02:30:02 PM »
if you guys say withdrawal one more time, I''m going to demand an NSFW tag for this thread.

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2014, 02:35:54 PM »
widely available and easily accessible birth control =/= eugenics

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2014, 03:57:40 PM »
I would views the % of people who "shouldn't" have kids is relatively static across all income demographics, and the availability of "free BC" on those percentages would be about the same as the increase in "sugar bugs" if free candycanes were provided to the public.

If you aren't walking to the corner walgreens to spend $3 onrubbers, you sure as eff aren't taking the bus across town tovet them for free at the clinic. Get serious retards.  Maybe if we had a govt. paid for trojan man go door to door. . .

But you would scoop up a handful the one time you were there.

Much like lafene.  They'd give out 50+ rubbers at a time for like $2.00. 

Is there anything easier than telling who is getting boat raced in a discussion than the guy who brings up race?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2014, 07:08:00 PM »
$2 is free?  Okay limestone, thanks for proving my point.  You're either gonna go get BC or you aren't.  Cost is so low it doesn't matter if its free, even to really poor people.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2014, 07:10:30 PM »
condoms are not the only form of birth control.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2014, 07:12:39 PM »
condoms are not the only form of birth control.

Making News!

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2014, 11:44:39 PM »
$2 is free?  Okay limestone, thanks for proving my point.  You're either gonna go get BC or you aren't.  Cost is so low it doesn't matter if its free, even to really poor people.

You should get racist more, it at least gives your horrid arguments with no logic some explanation.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2014, 03:38:07 AM »
really this whole discussion is stupid since all healthcare (including all contraception) should be free to citizens.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2014, 08:44:56 AM »

You should get racist more, it at least gives your horrid arguments with no logic some explanation.

I've got 5000+ posts, find a "racist" one. 

While the internet isn't a competition, its been fun pwning you over the last 24 hours, goofball. You should expect that every time you run with a bullshit libtard talking point like, "contraception isn't affordable and widely available". Use your brain bro

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2014, 08:46:31 AM »
Tap out

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2014, 12:08:23 AM »
observed.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2014, 10:39:11 PM »
Contraception is already so cheap and readily available that making it "free" is unlikely to have much impact on the number of abortions. People either are, or are not, too stupid to obtain/use contraception if they don't want kids. Abortions are declining because of (1) state restrictions on abortion, and (2) shifting public opinion on abortion.

As to the contraception = murder point, I suppose some might believe that, but there's a pretty significant difference between preventing conception or embryo implantation and killing a fetus that, if not viable, has actually developed into some semblance of a human being with a heart, brain, nerves, etc. The silver lining of morning-after pills being available OTC and at hospitals is that it further reduces any argument for the necessity of abortion.

When financial and medical barriers are removed, it turns out teenagers this form of birth control more than they use pills: nearly three-quarters of the CHOICE Project participants in this study used some form of LARC, such as an IUD. Separate research has found that, nationally, just 4.5 percent of teenagers use this method.

Separate programs have had similarly dramatic results: Colorado saw teen birth rates decline 40 percent when it began providing free access to IUDs.

"We found that in a cohort of teenage girls and women for whom barriers to contraception (lack of knowledge, limited access, and cost) are removed and the use of the most effective contraceptive methods is encouraged, a large percentage opted to use LARC methods," the authors write.

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/2/6891337/st-louis-gave-teens-free-birth-control-and-they-now-have-very-low

Offline TBL

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2014, 07:35:03 AM »
Contraception is already so cheap and readily available that making it "free" is unlikely to have much impact on the number of abortions. People either are, or are not, too stupid to obtain/use contraception if they don't want kids. Abortions are declining because of (1) state restrictions on abortion, and (2) shifting public opinion on abortion.

As to the contraception = murder point, I suppose some might believe that, but there's a pretty significant difference between preventing conception or embryo implantation and killing a fetus that, if not viable, has actually developed into some semblance of a human being with a heart, brain, nerves, etc. The silver lining of morning-after pills being available OTC and at hospitals is that it further reduces any argument for the necessity of abortion.

When financial and medical barriers are removed, it turns out teenagers this form of birth control more than they use pills: nearly three-quarters of the CHOICE Project participants in this study used some form of LARC, such as an IUD. Separate research has found that, nationally, just 4.5 percent of teenagers use this method.

Separate programs have had similarly dramatic results: Colorado saw teen birth rates decline 40 percent when it began providing free access to IUDs.

"We found that in a cohort of teenage girls and women for whom barriers to contraception (lack of knowledge, limited access, and cost) are removed and the use of the most effective contraceptive methods is encouraged, a large percentage opted to use LARC methods," the authors write.

http://www.vox.com/2014/10/2/6891337/st-louis-gave-teens-free-birth-control-and-they-now-have-very-low

They don't have time for sexy-fun-time. They're all too busy protesting/burning down QT's and crap.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2014, 10:11:20 AM »
Maybe if we had a govt. paid for trojan man go door to door. . .

Science proves this is the only way. Thanks Kat kid.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2014, 10:24:01 AM »
Maybe if we had a govt. paid for trojan man go door to door. . .

Science proves this is the only way. Thanks Kat kid.

Teaching a lesson about personal responsibility or a never ending Holocaust of previous dead babies.  I guess we know which side you fall on.

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2015, 02:40:38 PM »
Contraception is already so cheap and readily available that making it "free" is unlikely to have much impact on the number of abortions. People either are, or are not, too stupid to obtain/use contraception if they don't want kids.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/06/science/colorados-push-against-teenage-pregnancies-is-a-startling-success.html?_r=0

WALSENBURG, Colo. — Over the past six years, Colorado has conducted one of the largest ever real-life experiments with long-acting birth control. If teenagers and poor women were offered free intrauterine devices and implants that prevent pregnancy for years, state officials asked, would those women choose them?

They did in a big way, and the results were startling. The birthrate for teenagers across the state plunged by 40 percent from 2009 to 2013, while their rate of abortions fell by 42 percent, according to the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment. There was a similar decline in births for another group particularly vulnerable to unplanned pregnancies: unmarried women under 25 who have not finished high school.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2015, 02:55:30 PM »
Interesting
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2015, 02:58:49 PM »
 :lol:
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline renocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2015, 07:40:20 PM »
A twist tie on the old weasel works, this seems like a good idea.  It's better than giving Dr. Hamburger work.

Offline Canary

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 05, 2015, 08:33:42 PM »
My views on contraception and abortion aren't really material to this thread.  But I do get disgusted by friends of mine who brag about banging lots of girls with zero regard to birth control.  Laziness and  irresponsibilty about the possibility of pregnancy when you have no regard to raising or supporting that pregnancy and child pisses me off. 

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 05, 2015, 10:01:58 PM »

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2016, 12:57:18 PM »
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/abortion-clinics-in-blue-states-are-closing-too/?ex_cid=story-twitter

It saddens me that Trump is the most likely candidate to make this case in this presidential cycle and I see NO one on the horizon that is willing to make this case as a public health/human rights issue.