Author Topic: Where did the doom go?  (Read 16433 times)

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
Re: Where did the doom go?
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
Cut the size of the student section, they don't deserve it.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2014, 09:18:01 PM »
It is a lot more pathetic. I almost lost it when some other students started leaving BEFORE halftime. Like wut?
@Trogdor_gE

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2014, 09:31:45 PM »
It is a lot more pathetic. I almost lost it when some other students started leaving BEFORE halftime. Like wut?

I wonder if there is a way to get the students more excited for the team? That undying affection you give a team if their best player is Cartier Martin or B Easy. I remember when they brought back the "bring on the cats" to open the game and people actually chanted it.  They made a huge push to bring back traditions and it only took a few years for those to disappear again.  I wonder if you threatened to take away student seating they would actually start showing up to games.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2014, 09:33:32 PM »
Was in Ahearn today. Would be super duper awesome to play BBall in there again. Has a wooden roof (did not know).

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2014, 09:35:31 PM »
Was in Ahearn today. Would be super duper awesome to play BBall in there again. Has a wooden roof (did not know).

I think it would be cool to have a non con game in there once a year. . .if that is even plausible.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2014, 09:37:11 PM »
It's pretty much a rule: the students were always better when you were in school. Whenever that was.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2014, 09:37:30 PM »

I wonder if there is a way to get the students more excited for the team? That undying affection you give a team if their best player is Cartier Martin or B Easy. I remember when they brought back the "bring on the cats" to open the game and people actually chanted it.  They made a huge push to bring back traditions and it only took a few years for those to disappear again.  I wonder if you threatened to take away student seating they would actually start showing up to games.

AD should consider food-themed promos, IMO

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
:lol: at this entire thread

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2014, 09:40:20 PM »

AD should consider food-themed promos, IMO

They had Fuzzy Taco quesadillas at the tech game. . .maybe there should be a gift if you stay till the end of the game and can prove you were there from the beginning? Hold up. . .that's what they used to do at the womens' games.  :facepalm:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2014, 09:42:07 PM »
grady really complains a lot.  like... a lot a lot.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2014, 09:46:59 PM »
 :Lurk:
grady really complains a lot.  like... a lot a lot.

Don't criticize my man ydarg

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2014, 09:49:01 PM »
someone had to say it

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2014, 10:24:35 PM »

im 95% certain that ydarg is none other than....

POOPING BRO!!!!

Lotta ug-o's in this picture, just saying.  Make an effort, guys.

Get off my message board immediately bad person
:blush:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2014, 10:40:15 PM »
It's pretty much a rule: the students were always better when you were in school. Whenever that was.

I don't think there can be much doubt that the OOD era students were much better than the students now. I, personally, don't think there is much doubt that the Woolly era students were better than this bunch too, they showed up with no hope.

Yesterday Fred Hoiberg said this to the iowa media "Of course it's tough, without a doubt Kansas and Iowa State have the loudest arenas in the conference. "

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2014, 10:43:39 PM »
Just saw this thread. Pfffttt. We are going to anger our faces off Feb 10.

Also, when will dumbasses stop suggesting games at Ahearn. It won't happen. Move on.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2014, 10:46:03 PM »

I don't think there can be much doubt that the OOD era students were much better than the students now. I, personally, don't think there is much doubt that the Woolly era students were better than this bunch too, they showed up with no hope.

Yesterday Fred Hoiberg said this to the iowa media "Of course it's tough, without a doubt Kansas and Iowa State have the loudest arenas in the conference. "

:jerk: :jerk: Iowa State has not even half the student seats that we do and their entire upper deck student section was empty last saturday.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 29, 2014, 10:46:24 PM »
I don't know or care about motivations or mindsets of the students, I do know the numbers of empties in the student section last night was pathetic.
What were they like when you were in school? I had wooly for 3 years, huggy for one, and Martin for one. I'm pretty sure you're Asbury. I don't think we have the right to talk about student sections.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 29, 2014, 10:48:59 PM »
also gtfoomf trying to act any era students and any set of students pack 5k seats for crap opponents. I was a student after the E8 run and it was crap vs crap noncon teams and B12 bottom dwellers.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 29, 2014, 10:49:40 PM »

Guise, were totes gonna be loud for KU, who cares about the other games, amirite? Yep, every group of students have equal zeal  :ROFL:

Why are students on this board getting butthurt? If you are going to the games, then no one is talking about you.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2014, 10:50:55 PM »

Guise, were totes gonna be loud for KU, who cares about the other games, amirite? Yep, every group of students have equal zeal  :ROFL:

Why are students on this board getting butthurt? If you are going to the games, then no one is talking about you.

:curse:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2014, 10:52:17 PM »

Fair point and raises the question of why this thread even exists.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2014, 10:54:25 PM »
also gtfoomf trying to act any era students and any set of students pack 5k seats for crap opponents. I was a student after the E8 run and it was crap vs crap noncon teams and B12 bottom dwellers.

Great crowds were really only there for Missouri, Texas, and KU.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 29, 2014, 10:59:14 PM »
I don't know or care about motivations or mindsets of the students, I do know the numbers of empties in the student section last night was pathetic.
What were they like when you were in school? I had wooly for 3 years, huggy for one, and Martin for one. I'm pretty sure you're Asbury. I don't think we have the right to talk about student sections.

The student section was largely shitty when I was a student, not sure how that's relevant to this conversation. I didn't say the students then were any good, we had garbage teams too. Our student sections for conference games looked like last night, pathetic.

Not true and easily verified. As an alumni STH during the OOD era I looked on at the students section with :love: The student crowds were fairly mediocre during the non con but after school started that section was always 90% capacity at worst.

Also if students are using Weber as an excuse they should be $!#* punted.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 29, 2014, 11:03:43 PM »
Better watch out, MiR's putting on his puntin' boots. Hide yo cunts!  :runaway:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline rollingplains

• Point Plank'r
  • Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 29, 2014, 11:26:38 PM »
In my six years as a student and two years as a young alumni I have become increasingly disappointed with our student section.  I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were about the lackadaisical attitude of our student section? How do we fire up the students so the Octagon is at the right level of doom?
[/quo

248 straight sell outs just east of you   DOOM lol lol :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: Son you must have a team that people want to see. besides don't folks milk cows at night