Author Topic: Where did the doom go?  (Read 16431 times)

Offline Bill Grogans Goat

• Fan
    • View Profile
Re: Where did the doom go?
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2014, 03:55:03 PM »
It's hard to be the angriest fans I'm America when oscar is your coach. With Frank it was natural.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2014, 03:56:11 PM »
Was convinced that poopingbro2012 was gonna be the douche in the lilac blazer. eff that guy

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2014, 03:58:46 PM »
Was convinced that poopingbro2012 was gonna be the douche in the lilac blazer. eff that guy

oh man remember when lilac blazer guy came on here and told us all off? or was that on ksufans?
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2014, 03:59:41 PM »
Alright. This has gone on long enough for everyone involved. Yes, I do wear a purple, lilac, lavender blazer to all of the games. I do so because I think it's fun. I go crazy on the front row and wait in line for ridiculous amounts of time because I think it's fun and I have a great time doing it. Myself and the rest of the front row just enjoy having a good time, going to the games and supporting our team. I didn't think that this was such a big deal. We enjoy cheering on our Cats and yes we have fun and act crazy while we do it. We're not doing it for attention or anything like that we are doing in to have fun and support our team. We're college students, that is what we are going to do. As for not being EMAW enough, I'm sorry if you think that. I have been a K-State fan my entire life, I was there for the Pasco Fiasco, I was there when A & M beat us back in '98. I was there for when Prince came in and Snyder left, I was there when Huggy came in, left, and then Coach Martin took over. I was there for all of those times. Good and bad. So was the rest of the front row guys who are acting crazy and having fun. I know this for a fact and we have always kept on cheering for our school and our Cats. I know that there are people who aren't going to like what I say and do. There are in every aspect of life. I wish that y'all had gotten to know me and my friends before you said these things. Actually had a conversation with us instead of making assumptions and then after that if you still didn't like our actions I would take into account your opinion. I didn't think that acting crazy at the games was such a huge deal. If you don't like it. I'm sorry. I'm sorry that you feel the way that you do. That being said I am going to keep doing what I am doing and I hope that the rest of the front row and all other K-State fans are with me. I enjoy acting crazy at games and being there with my friends to cheer on and support the team that I love. If you don't like that, I'm sorry but you're just going to have to get over it. Carpe Diem, my fellow K-Staters. Life is incredibly short so you might as well enjoy the time that you have and I'm going to do that by going to as many K-State sporting events as I can and cheering on our Cats. If you're upset about that I'm sorry, I truly am. I'm not going to fight anyone over it and I hope that one day we can all just put aside our differences and just cheer on the Cats together because being true K-State fans that is what it should be all about. All of that being said. I'd like to thank all of you who have supported me in this post. I greatly appreciate it and don't worry I'll still try and be down in front  at all the games cheering on our teams. I know that some people will disagree with me and still be upset but I encourage the front row followers to not respond to their posts on this thread. There are more important things in life than worrying about what someone has to say about my actions. So please I encourage you not to respond. As for everyone else that is against the front row, I'm sorry, but I'll still be right there cheering on the Cats along with all of you.

That is all I have to say about this situation.

I wish the basketball team the best of luck this season I hope we do great.
Football team keep up the good work and finish strong. Good luck against Mizzou this weekend and I'll see you at our Bowl Game.
Women's basketball, you've started out great. Keept up the intensity. I love it.
Volleyball team, good luck against Baylor this Saturday. I'll be there to cheer you on.

Front row and the rest of the fans at any K-State game. I love you all and I hope that we work as hard to support our team as they do to go out there and play for us.

GO CATS,
LBG

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:48 PM »

Only time I ever dressed up in a suit for a basketball game:

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2014, 04:02:00 PM »
yup. that's a pooping face if ive ever seen one.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2014, 04:02:39 PM »
This season is hard to judge yet. Tech was the first game with students back, and I don't blame them for not getting real excited for that one. Them we had Ole Miss, but that was still when we weren't sure what this team was. I'm sure games like Texas and KU will have great crowds.

You're right in that.  I just wish that there wasn't a bandwagon type feel to the student crowd.  I think the athletics department is still banging their heads against the wall on how to get KSU students excited for the bball non-con.

Is always been this way. Very few fans are diehards.

Students have way too many seats allotted for them.  Make top of 18, 24 and 25 cheap/moderately priced GA.  Break-ball had great crowds with the promos.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2014, 04:08:03 PM »
This season is hard to judge yet. Tech was the first game with students back, and I don't blame them for not getting real excited for that one. Them we had Ole Miss, but that was still when we weren't sure what this team was. I'm sure games like Texas and KU will have great crowds.

You're right in that.  I just wish that there wasn't a bandwagon type feel to the student crowd.  I think the athletics department is still banging their heads against the wall on how to get KSU students excited for the bball non-con.

Students have way too many seats allotted for them.  Make top of 18, 24 and 25 cheap/moderately priced GA.  Break-ball had great crowds with the promos.

When I was a student I was always proud of having the largest student sectionin the BIGXII  Now I think you're about right.  Pump the revenue of the ticket sales back into all that Bramlage improvement talk. Maybe (I know this is crazy talk) put some students behind the goals?   

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2014, 04:12:19 PM »

When I was a student I was always proud of having the largest student sectionin the BIGXII Now I think you're about right.  Pump the revenue of the ticket sales back into all that Bramlage improvement talk. Maybe (I know this is crazy talk) put some students behind the goals?

who gives an eff if its not full, right?

Offline ksutrumpet

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2014, 04:18:24 PM »

When I was a student I was always proud of having the largest student sectionin the BIGXII Now I think you're about right.  Pump the revenue of the ticket sales back into all that Bramlage improvement talk. Maybe (I know this is crazy talk) put some students behind the goals?

It's those pesky corner seats that make you feel like you're sitting 100 yes from the court. Those seats suck ass.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2014, 04:25:41 PM »

It's those pesky corner seats that make you feel like you're sitting 100 yes from the court. Those seats suck ass.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it was obvious but they moved the student GA over to section 21 so that they were at least guaranteed access to front row seats that were actually a stones throw from the court.

Offline DQ12

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #TeamChestHair
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2014, 04:33:05 PM »
Pooping bro is in Europe right now, Boston.

"You want to stand next to someone and not be able to hear them, walk your ass into Manhattan, Kansas." - [REDACTED]

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2014, 04:46:14 PM »

When I was a student I was always proud of having the largest student sectionin the BIGXII  Now I think you're about right.  Pump the revenue of the ticket sales back into all that Bramlage improvement talk. Maybe (I know this is crazy talk) put some students behind the goals?

You were a student for like, a full decade.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 04:48:26 PM »

You were a student for like, a full decade.

I would humbly suggest that gives me a good deal of perspective on the current state of the student section.   :gocho:

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 04:54:47 PM »
Grady is a complainer
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 05:02:47 PM »
I know Grady IRL  :surprised:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 05:24:21 PM »
I know Grady IRL  :surprised:

:horrorsurprise: Prove it!!

You studied graphic design.
You studied a broad in Italy was it?
Your last name starts with A

I could go on, if you are not satisfied.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »
Many of us on this blog live away from Manhattan, are old-ish, and can't make it to games very often. Perhaps you would be better served to fix this issue by making lots and lots of real life friends and inviting them to the games.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2014, 05:47:54 PM »
For what it's worth, ydarg, I also know your compatriot in this photo, sirhc.  I used to see his mug all the time on TV.  It seems like every KSU game I watch, I see all the people I know who attend(ed) kstate. 

Since I know you to be a worthwhile individual, please post here more often so I can enjoy this.  :popcorn:

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2014, 06:29:31 PM »

im 95% certain that ydarg is none other than....

POOPING BRO!!!!

Lotta ug-o's in this picture, just saying.  Make an effort, guys.

Get off my message board immediately bad person

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2014, 06:46:10 PM »
Students are still pretty great. Things change. My parents generation still talk about how much better the students were in ahearn. You complaining about the current students shows you've moved on to a new stage of your life. Congratulations.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2014, 08:29:17 PM »
It's a real mystery.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2014, 08:42:25 PM »
I don't know or care about motivations or mindsets of the students, I do know the numbers of empties in the student section last night was pathetic.