Author Topic: Ukraine and The Slav Winter  (Read 21810 times)

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Russia - bad?
« Reply #125 on: March 02, 2014, 12:06:05 PM »
I like when people root for political left or right like they root for their sports team. Very entertaining.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 02, 2014, 12:07:01 PM »
I like when people root for political left or right like they root for their sports team. Very entertaining.

I hate Russia. I don't care how it happens i just want someone to mush them in their fat faces.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 02, 2014, 12:12:54 PM »

I hate Russia. I don't care how it happens i just want someone to mush them in their fat faces.

Sure. Whatever. Lets do it. Lets kick their ass. Fulfill our bloodlust. White people vs white people for all the marbles.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2014, 01:08:30 PM »
Imagine all of the Russian dashcam videos where they're calmly weaving in and out of hellfire missiles raining down on the streets until a car with a giant bale of hay attached to it flips over then Mack Brown climbs out of another wrecked car and slips on a banana peel :love:

"What's Mack doing in Russia?!"

"Spying for the US under the guise of visiting a football recruit, of course."

"THAT'S OUR MACK!"

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 02, 2014, 01:11:18 PM »
I think we should probably just let this play out and then if WW3 starts, we should jump in and finish it. That seemed to work out really well for us the last time around.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 02, 2014, 06:16:01 PM »
A New Cold War? Ukraine Violence Escalates, Leaked Tape Suggests U.S. Was Plotting Coup

has anyone come across the actual recording? i haven't found it, but apparently there is a US diplomat heard saying "eff russia." it also discusses using NGOs to encourage the coup.

it's great to bbs, but the people in charge really shouldn't meddle so near to russia. if we create some sort of east/west split through the slavic heartland the tension will be ongoing. i only lived through two years of the cold war, but i'm pretty sure it represented an exponentially more serious threat than islamic extremism.

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 02, 2014, 07:39:51 PM »
A New Cold War? Ukraine Violence Escalates, Leaked Tape Suggests U.S. Was Plotting Coup

has anyone come across the actual recording? i haven't found it, but apparently there is a US diplomat heard saying "eff russia." it also discusses using NGOs to encourage the coup.

it's great to bbs, but the people in charge really shouldn't meddle so near to russia. if we create some sort of east/west split through the slavic heartland the tension will be ongoing. i only lived through two years of the cold war, but i'm pretty sure it represented an exponentially more serious threat than islamic extremism.

I think islamic extremism is more dangerous than the cold war, which was simply a stand-off. Neither side really had any interest in actually attacking the other because they weren't suicidal or homicidal and knew the retaliation would be instantaneous and catastrophic.

Radical islam is infecting the entire world, has no country, has a complete disregard for life, and is always looking for the next big target and weapon. at some point they will have a nuclear weapon and there will be a line of wackos ready to die and take a million infidels with them. There won't be any retaliation because of the joke that iraq and afghanistan have become.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2014, 08:32:19 PM »

I think islamic extremism is more dangerous than the cold war
:Wha:

Offline Institutional Control

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2014, 09:36:36 PM »
Why should I give a crap about Crimea?  Is the new government of Ukraine more entitled to claim Crimea than Russia?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2014, 11:40:45 PM »
Why should I give a crap about Crimea?  Is the new government of Ukraine more entitled to claim Crimea than Russia?

just more evidence that being a liverpool fan contributes to bringing about the fall of the free world imo

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 02, 2014, 11:45:31 PM »
Vlad has had enough.   This what I've been talking about, Zbig's Chessboard moves have been pushed back again.   First Georgia, now the Ukraine.

Pull out your maps kiddos. 

"The momentum of Asia's economic development is already generating massive pressures for the exploration and exploitation of new sources of energy and the Central Asian region and the Caspian Sea basin are known to contain reserves of natural gas and oil that dwarf those of Kuwait, the Gulf of Mexico, or the North Sea." (p.125)

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 03, 2014, 08:38:02 AM »

I think Crimea should be able to join whichever country they prefer and the other country should just butt their stupid head right out of it.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 03, 2014, 08:46:15 AM »
Vlad has had enough.   This what I've been talking about, Zbig's Chessboard moves have been pushed back again.   First Georgia, now the Ukraine.

"The momentum of Asia's economic development is already generating massive pressures for the exploration and exploitation of new sources of energy and the Central Asian region and the Caspian Sea basin are known to contain reserves of natural gas and oil that dwarf those of Kuwait, the Gulf of Mexico, or the North Sea." (p.125)
crimea isn't central asian nor is it in the caspian sea basin. this doesn't have crap to do with oil, you crazy person.

Offline 8manpick

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • A top quartile binger, poster, and friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 03, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »

crimea isn't central asian nor is it in the caspian sea basin. this doesn't have crap to do with oil, you crazy person.

The map I have in my head is, and probably always will be based on the map from Risk.  Did not realize there were so many small countries north of Ukraine...  :sdeek:
:adios:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 03, 2014, 09:10:12 AM »

Lulz

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ukraine and The Slav Winter
« Reply #140 on: March 03, 2014, 09:14:15 AM »
The Ukraine is Top 25 in the world in known Natural Gas reserves, and top 50 oil reserves.   Look at the map, if you believe that this is about freedom and democracy you're a complete dumbass. 

This is about blunting Russian spheres of influence and control of natural resources and strategic transport routes of various types.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 03, 2014, 10:17:24 AM »
This is Putin's Middle East but with less terrorists?  Just set up the puppet govt and get out before our dumbass govt decides to get super butthurt.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 03, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
This is Putin's Middle East but with less terrorists?  Just set up the puppet govt and get out before our dumbass govt decides to get super butthurt.
russia already has a sweet fossil fuel set up. this is about russian pride and putin proving to the west that he's the biggest swinging dick in the neighborhood.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 03, 2014, 10:45:09 AM »
russia already has a sweet fossil fuel set up. this is about russian pride and putin proving to the west that he's the biggest swinging dick in the neighborhood.

also protecting their only non-frozen naval access point

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 03, 2014, 10:46:18 AM »

I'm not sure if Russia has a good way to get those fuels to the market without the Ukraine, though. Still, if they weren't such dicks, I'm sure the Ukraine would be more than willing to work with them.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 03, 2014, 10:56:22 AM »
ksucatinokc
GoPowercat Ring of Fame member
Well, Pooty knows that nobody is left to stop him...   Reply
and liberals can laugh and laugh about how funny it is to think Russian is a threat to world security...right...remember that liberals??  Remember that idiot Palin talking about Russia being a threat to Ukraine back in 2008??  Remember mocking her??

Of course you don't...cuz it's so much more fun to make fun of people that worry about grown up problems...

Now get back to enjoying barrycare and the latest "Conservatives are da' devil" talking points!!!!

EMAW

Todd M.
3/2 8:37 PM | IP: Logged

ksucatinokc
Re: Well, Pooty knows that nobody is left to stop him...   Reply
To be honest, I'm a little curious what the teleprompter is going to tell barry to say about this extremely serious matter???

Will twenty-something speech writers save the day yet again??

Will John F-ing Kerry convince Pooty that he doesn't want to risk losing his precious seat at the Group of Eight nations table??? (GASP)

That's like telling barry he can't golf at his favorite courses...or...it might almost be as bad as telling barry he can't fill out an NCAA bracket and tell the world on ESPN!!!!!!!!!  We are talking life changing stuff here!!!

EMAW

Todd M.
3/2 8:42 PM | IP: Logged

ksucatinokc
LET THE APPEASEMENT BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EMAW

Todd M.
3/2 8:45 PM | IP: Logged

ksucatinokc
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...this does not mean we "declare war on Russia" you f-ing idiots...

What it DOES mean is that the evil people in the world...like Pooty, Iran, and the Chicoms...(forget about the evil fools in the whitehouse for now)...now fully understand they face ZERO serious opposition of any kind.

America "has spoken" by reselecting barry...and we no longer have the will to matter or be relevant any longer.  Everyone else in the world IS PAYING ATTENTION to our national suicide while the domestic fools cheer and marry gays while killing 55 million babies...YEAH!!!!!!

EMAW

Todd M.
3/2 8:53 PM | IP: Logged

Wildcatfarm
Obama gives a 3 minute token speech about Ukraine, and then half an hour later across town says the following: "It's Friday, it's after 5, and that means happy hour in the Democrat party! I can do that, it's an executive order!"

How is Putin, the midget in N Korea, the Islams, or any of our enemies or potential enemies supposed to take this guy seriously? Hell, I can't even take him seriously.
3/2 11:27 PM | IP: Logged

ksucatinokc
Sir, you have nailed the most important point...

We are officially a non-player internationally...and we will laugh and play...smoke pot and marry gays...until the world decides they want to pick our bones clean.

The ONE thing the feds are demanded to do by the once respected Constitution...they are refusing to do...provide for the common defense.

However, because idiots don't understand that if you reduce your military capacity today...you don't always get attacked TOMORROW...no one will "see it coming"...and they will be "SHOCKED" that we are attacked and can't properly defend ourselves.

EMAW

Todd M.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 03, 2014, 11:02:02 AM »
So Russia has told ukranian forces in Crimea they have 11 hours to surrender or "Face storm"

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 03, 2014, 11:03:22 AM »
LOL at stuff getting lost in translation, sucks for ukraine tho.

BREAKING NEWS:

Russian military gives Ukraine forces in Crimea until 0300GMT to surrender or "face storm" - Ukraine Defence sources

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 03, 2014, 11:04:52 AM »
Do you think they will surrender? I think they probably won't.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile