Author Topic: Ukraine and The Slav Winter  (Read 21429 times)

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Ukraine and The Slav Winter
« Reply #200 on: March 17, 2014, 12:56:35 PM »
Welp, Russia just got even bigger. And our weakling in chief's plan is, evidently, to send John Kerry :lol: to deliver an ultimatum they have no intention of following through with. In other words, we're not going to do a damned thing. USA! Diplomacy!
what is your 5 point plan
please give us details about your extensive FP experience

I answered this very question a few pages back. Unfortunately, we've dithered so long that we're now past the point of even freezing assets. Most have already been moved.

The truth is, Obama DNGAF and it's easier to simply ignore Russia expanding its spere of influence to the point of actually annexing territory.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2014, 12:58:44 PM »
:drool:
Welp, Russia just got even bigger. And our weakling in chief's plan is, evidently, to send John Kerry :lol: to deliver an ultimatum they have no intention of following through with. In other words, we're not going to do a damned thing. USA! Diplomacy!

They didn't do a dam thing when we invaded Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Afghanistn, or Iraq.

So maybe they're the rough ridin' pussys

Comparisons like this are hilarious, but it's also sad to think that, deep down, Obama probably shares the same libtarded logic but would never admit it.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, K-State fans could have beheaded the entire KU team at midcourt, and K-State fans would be celebrating it this morning.  They are the ISIS of Big 12 fanbases.

Offline Headinjun

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 17, 2014, 01:42:26 PM »

They didn't do a dam thing when we invaded Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Afghanistn, or Iraq.

Comparisons like this are hilarious, but it's also sad to think that, deep down, Obama probably shares the same libtarded logic but would never admit it.

What's so hilarious about it?

We can invade and they can't just because were the "good guys".

Guess what KSU we're not the good guys, we just wear that moniker to gain more access to resources and make defense pigs some cash.

Sorry you can't get your head out of Reagans dead ass.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 17, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »

Guess what KSU we're not the good guys, we just wear that moniker to gain more access to resources and make defense pigs some cash.

Almost positive this is not a sock. Thanks for sharing how deeply your anti-American sentiments go.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 17, 2014, 01:53:28 PM »

I answered this very question a few pages back. Unfortunately, we've dithered so long that we're now past the point of even freezing assets. Most have already been moved.

The truth is, Obama DNGAF and it's easier to simply ignore Russia expanding its spere of influence to the point of actually annexing territory.

I would love to take you seriously if you knew how to spell sphere.

Offline GCJayhawker

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 17, 2014, 01:54:37 PM »

Almost positive this is not a sock. Thanks for sharing how deeply your anti-American sentiments go.

This is the exact type of attitude that makes intelligent conversation on America's role in world affairs impossible to have.  If you say that America shouldn't be going into other countries under the guise of giving freedom, you are labeled anti-American.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 17, 2014, 02:02:22 PM »

Spear?

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 17, 2014, 02:08:47 PM »

Pretty sure this KSU guy has been hoodwinked re: the history of US foreign policy.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 17, 2014, 02:10:51 PM »

Find it and repost your answers.

Here is what we know
Obama has positioned crap tons of ABM systems in Eastern Europe which has scared the crap out of the Russians
Obama has allowed military maneuvers to proceed with Poland and the United States Navy, specifically boats like the USS Truxtun (an Arleigh Burke, not some POS about to be de-commed tug boat)
Obama has deployed US aircraft, such as AWACS, to Lithuania as part of NATO patrol ops to cover Poland, Lithuania, and Romania. 

So tell me how Obama isn't sending a bit of a message?  Maybe because he isn't stroking himself off on some foxnews panel circle jerking about how Reagan was tough on the Russians you missed the actions he has already taken.  At this point what can the US legally do?  At a certain point this isn't America's problem, its western Europe's issue.  They need to take the lead in this.  If our allies are attacked than I know we will respond as long as your chicken hawks Republican demigods don't get in the way. 
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 17, 2014, 02:11:14 PM »
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2014, 02:12:09 PM »

Spear?

Well duh. Of course I meant to say spear of influence. We all know that's the phrase. A spear is pointy and influential.

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2014, 02:12:10 PM »
I really like thinking of the US spear of influence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Paul Moscow

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2014, 02:26:30 PM »
I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it.

protip: when "freedom" is used as a rationale it is a good indication that there isn't much of one to begin with.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2014, 02:33:02 PM »

Spear?

Well duh. Of course I meant to say spear of influence. We all know that's the phrase. A spear is pointy and influential.

Plus Putin

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2014, 02:34:25 PM »
Like I said earlier, we poked the bear with the spear (yep, I did it) long enough and now the bear is biting back. 

Because most American's don't pay attention and/or believe everything that its politicians tell them.  So that's why we get all the knee jerk idiots who want WWII.    They don't understand that we have been off the road of communist containment and on the road of Russian encirclement since the Berlin Wall came down.   We've done it under many guises; from economics, to stopping terrorism, to stopping ethnic cleansing.  But at some point, you start running out of cover stories. 

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2014, 02:35:29 PM »
You're busted, America!

"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2014, 02:36:01 PM »
I really like thinking of the US spear of influence.

Same.  Poke that bear.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2014, 02:39:31 PM »
You're busted, America!

Pretty much.  The gig is up.  Vlad Putin has put you on notice bro.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2014, 03:08:08 PM »

protip: when "freedom" is used as a rationale it is a good indication that there isn't much of one to begin with.
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline K-S-U-Wildcats!

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »
Russian markets rallied today after investors saw the extent of Obama's  "sanctions." :lol: Time for another warning!!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 18, 2014, 09:47:42 AM »
What do you want K-S-U?  World War III? 

It is pretty funny how hard the Russians are clowning the U.S. and Obama here.   

When you've invaded 2 countries in the last 15 years (Iraq and Afghanistan), orchestrated the overthrow of another regime using Intelligence operatives and direct military assets (Libya), trying to orchestrate the overthrow of yet another regime (Syria), prosecuted a world wide robotic killing and state sanctioned assassination campaign (drone wars) . . . and in the last 20 years engaged in a nearly 3 month long bombing campaign that didn't comply with the charter of your longest running self-defense charter/alliance, with no UN mandate, nor a mandate from your very own governing body/legislature etc. etc. etc.   

It's a little hard to have a leg to stand on in regards to Russia and the Ukraine. 

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 18, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »

When you've invaded 2 countries in the last 15 years (Iraq and Afghanistan), orchestrated the overthrow of another regime using Intelligence operatives and direct military assets (Libya), trying to orchestrate the overthrow of yet another regime (Syria), prosecuted a world wide robotic killing and state sanctioned assassination campaign (drone wars) . . . and in the last 20 years engaged in a nearly 3 month long bombing campaign that didn't comply with the charter of your longest running self-defense charter/alliance, with no UN mandate, nor a mandate from your very own governing body/legislature etc. etc. etc.   

It's a little hard to have a leg to stand on in regards to Russia and the Ukraine.
:facepalm:

Its sad that the radical right is now slandering the US for political hay.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 18, 2014, 11:27:27 AM »

:facepalm:

Its sad that the radical right is now slandering the US for political hay.

:jerk: :jerk: :jerk: :jerk: typical edn

I am slandering for stating reality?  What part of that is slander?  There weren't CIA Special Operations Teams on the ground, US Drones overhead, US F-15E's flying sorties in Libya?   When they captured MQ the CIA operations teams, the CIA's handpicked Libyan "rebel" military leaders, U.S. drones and US/NATO War planes were all involved.  That didn't happen? 

Which NATO country was attacked by the former Yugoslavia?  Where was the UN Mandate?  Where was the Congressional Mandate?   

Explain yourself.

Clearly it's a "radical right wing" comment to chastise people who want to start WWIII.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 18, 2014, 11:35:11 AM »
Ukraine, a new and important space on the Eurasian chessboard, is a geopolitical pivot because its very existence as an independent country helps to transform Russia. Without Ukraine, Russia ceases to be a Eurasian empire . ..

However, if Moscow regains control over Ukraine, with its 52 million people and major resources as well as access to the Black Sea, Russia automatically again regains the wherewithal to become a powerful imperial state, spanning Europe and Asia. . . .

. . .it is imperative that no Eurasian challenger emerges, capable of dominating Eurasia and thus also of challenging America . . .

Zbigniew Brzezinski, The Grand Chessboard