Author Topic: What a guy our old FRANK is!  (Read 30919 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: What a guy our old FRANK is!
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2014, 02:05:56 PM »
Does Frank sucking complete ass make you like John Currie more? Like, maybe he knew that Frank wasn't worth a crap at coaching basketball and just saved us from our own stupid selves?

i like john currie because he likes raising money more than he likes having sex

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2014, 02:11:01 PM »
does Frank sucking complete ass make you like John Currie more? like, maybe he knew that Frank wasn't worth a crap at coaching basketball and just saved us from our own stupid selves?
Yes. He's smart, we're dumb.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2014, 02:23:35 PM »
But seriously I wish Frank would do well. I enjoyed his time with us.

It was so much GD fun. So much. So fun.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2014, 03:19:35 PM »
But seriously I wish Frank would do well. I enjoyed his time with us.

It was so much GD fun. So much. So fun.

I do miss the way Frank attracted media.  oscar is very boring. 
Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Bill Clarahan

• agricultural related person
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2014, 03:31:40 PM »
Frank's only realistic winning opportunities look like Auburn, Alabama, and Vanderbilt.  He has a really good chance of losing all three of those games.  He could go win-less in conference this season and finish with a total of 7 wins, the least amount of wins in 20+ years for USC with the closest being 8 wins in '98-'99 season.  Good coaches find ways to win more than 7 games in a season (especially when they play 32 games not including SEC tournament....and the SEC is a crap conference).  The amount of impact Undy has had on Frank's success is really amazing.  I remember sitting in on a practice a couple years ago and Brad ran the entire thing.  Frank just walked around not saying anything.

I'll admit that I loved Frank and was sad to see him go.  I had no idea how much he relied on his assistants in order to be successful.

Huggins always talked about Frank's good coaching as an asst and how he was great at doing the scout, so there's that

It's called affirmation . . . affirming to to all the hayseeds and powertucks back at your old job that the guy ushered in quickly to hold a recruiting class together really is a good basketball coach.

I personally just got tired of Frank's shtick, his recruiting started to really blow, and all the Frankites who thought calling a timeout to just stare everybody down was cute and endearing, "oh man, Frank was so mad" (fap, fap, fap, fap, fap)

Maybe Frank will turn it around, but the USCe fans I know, who follow ALL their sports are already weary of the guy.   Last night they were a complete defensive $hit show; constantly getting beat off the drive, leaving guys wide open, letting guys work behind them on the baseline with literally no one paying attention to them etc. etc. etc.   Oh yeah, hey good idea Frank, now's a great time to start modifying your system to the new rules . . . coaching genius there.  I mean, hell, they just put in the new rule/points of emphasis, like, last Thursday or something.

I should have been more clear in my statement so the Carolina hayseeds would get the cut of my jib, Huggins made the statements about Frank during his radio shows after games, and I realize he's pimping his guy, but those were his thoughts.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2014, 04:08:51 PM »
Huggins hired him twice. Obviously he saw some value there.

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2014, 04:09:58 PM »
Huggins hired him twice. Obviously he saw some value there.

you'd trust that drunk?
j/k  :flush:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 23, 2014, 04:18:23 PM »
So, I was curious about who Frank hired after Brad left. Turned out he hired the son of a bitch that coached Tulane to a victory over Anthony Beane and the Cardiac Cats. What was the name of that dude on their team that didn't have a neck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry_Clark

(THIS IS THE SONOFABITCH THAT KILLED US)

http://www.thedraftreview.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1244

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2014, 04:32:47 PM »
http://www.lostlettermen.com/article/frank-martin-cut-off-nose-to-spite-face

quote author=michigancat link=topic=30916.msg1025205#msg1025205 date=1390492660]
I feel bad for the guy. Honestly. He won the lottery at K-State and blew it. Yes, it was largely because of his ego and ridiculous pride, but I'm still sad for him.
[/quote]

The narrative that he just walked away from a couple of simple salvageable issues just isn't accurate. I mean the athletic director suspended a senior leader for a ncaa tournament game without needing to do so and we still, nearly 2 years later, don't know the exact circumstance as to how the issue came to be. Frank had to leave, he had chances for better jobs and didn't take them do people really think he wanted to go to South Carolina?

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 23, 2014, 04:43:00 PM »
The narrative that he just walked away from a couple of simple salvageable issues just isn't accurate. I mean the athletic director suspended a senior leader for a ncaa tournament game without needing to do so and we still, nearly 2 years later, don't know the exact circumstance as to how the issue came to be. Frank had to leave, he had chances for better jobs and didn't take them do people really think he wanted to go to South Carolina?

I think Frank could have put himself into a position where receipt-gate didn't happen. (So could Currie, obvs).

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 23, 2014, 05:20:30 PM »

do people really think he wanted to go to South Carolina?

yes.  I do.  I mean, I think he would've taken any job that was willing to take him after the JC debacle.  I think SoCar was as good as he could get. 

And, i think after 5-6 years at SoCar, an assistant coach job is the best he'll be able to get. 

IMHO. 

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 23, 2014, 05:26:06 PM »
Frank's recruiting at USC has been pretty good so far.  It's not a stretch at all to assume that they could sneak into the tournament in 2 years.  Our expectations of Frank are tournament every year and win at least 1 game.  USC's expectations of Frank are just to stick with them.  USC basketball fans on twitter are BEGGING Frank to not lose heart.  Our fans would have wanted to fire him after losing 2 games to decent teams.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 23, 2014, 05:47:23 PM »

yes.  I do.  I mean, I think he would've taken any job that was willing to take him after the JC debacle.  I think SoCar was as good as he could get. 

And, i think after 5-6 years at SoCar, an assistant coach job is the best he'll be able to get. 

IMHO.

You said yes but then you said that he wanted any job that would take him after his boss pulled rank. So then no, you actually don't think Frank wanted to go to USC he just wanted/needed out of here. He would have taken that SMU, lol Nick Russell, if the USC job weren't open.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2014, 05:57:48 PM »

quote author=michigancat link=topic=30916.msg1025205#msg1025205 date=1390492660]
I feel bad for the guy. Honestly. He won the lottery at K-State and blew it. Yes, it was largely because of his ego and ridiculous pride, but I'm still sad for him.

[/quote]

can you retry this post, i can't figure out what you're trying to say, just all over the place.  the last sentence really throws me for a loop (especially after the mumped up quote function).

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2014, 06:17:20 PM »
Who cares?

i guess you care.  otherwise, why post in a thread about Frank Martin?   :dunno:
I only care about the Kansas State Wildcats, pal.
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2014, 07:38:53 PM »

can you retry this post, i can't figure out what you're trying to say, just all over the place.  the last sentence really throws me for a loop (especially after the mumped up quote function).
[/quote]

Hey dumbass, don't be such a dumbass dumbass. Two other dumbasses seemed to understand it just fine; well maybe not belvis because he agreed with me when he thought he didn't

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2014, 07:40:35 PM »
he should sign up on goEMAW and just rub it in faces. call everyone idiots and flex up massive.
Would you enjoy that, SD?  :surprised:
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2014, 07:41:44 PM »

he should sign up on goEMAW and just rub it in faces. call everyone idiots and flex up massive.

Yes

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2014, 07:45:54 PM »

Yes
I would too, but it would be sad times for the BID team.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2014, 08:51:19 PM »

IMHO.

You said yes but then you said that he wanted any job that would take him after his boss pulled rank. So then no, you actually don't think Frank wanted to go to USC he just wanted/needed out of here. He would have taken that SMU, lol Nick Russell, if the USC job weren't open.

Let me slow it down for you. 

He wanted the best job that would take him.  This job was SoCar.  Hence, he wanted the SoCar job. 

He thought Frank Martin was a better product than it was.  Pushed his chips all in and lost.   

:dunno:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2014, 09:30:44 PM »

IMHO.

He wanted the best job that would take him.  This job was SoCar.  Hence, he wanted the SoCar job. 

He thought Frank Martin was a better product than it was.  Pushed his chips all in and lost.   

Man what does that even mean? He got the only job he interviewed for like 3 days after the Jamar incident and after we were knocked out of the tournament. We were completely blindsided by the USC stuff. What are these other jobs he missed out on until he was rescued by South Carolina?

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2014, 09:51:03 PM »

IMHO.

Man what does that even mean? He got the only job he interviewed for like 3 days after the Jamar incident and after we were knocked out of the tournament. We were completely blindsided by the USC stuff. What are these other jobs he missed out on until he was rescued by South Carolina?

The only one I can even think of is Miami, but that was never really a valid option.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »

It's a gambling reference.  Poker, to be exact. 

IMO, he ran into an issue with JC that could have been salvaged, if he wanted it to be.  But, I believe he valued himself too much, believing that FM would be successful at any program, including SoCar, because of what he accomplished at KSU.  KSU was lucky to have him, not the other way around.  And so he called Currie's bluff.  He gambled.  He left for a shitty program in a shitty conference.  And, early returns would indicate that his hand wasn't as strong as he thought.  His program sucks. It'll be 4-5 years before that program is sniffing NCAAs, if he's even still the coach.

Did you see the SoCar news about FM trashing his player in front of like 2k fans down there and boosters didn't like it?  AD pulled a JC and made him issue a public apology.  it's a train wreck down there. 

And regarding, his jobs, you're the one who posted that he turned down several good jobs while at KSU.  I've no idea if that's true.  Probably makes two of us. 

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:52 PM »

It's a gambling reference.  Poker, to be exact. 

IMO, he ran into an issue with JC that could have been salvaged, if he wanted it to be.  But, I believe he valued himself too much, believing that FM would be successful at any program, including SoCar, because of what he accomplished at KSU.  KSU was lucky to have him, not the other way around.  And so he called Currie's bluff.  He gambled.  He left for a shitty program in a shitty conference.  And, early returns would indicate that his hand wasn't as strong as he thought.  His program sucks. It'll be 4-5 years before that program is sniffing NCAAs, if he's even still the coach.

Did you see the SoCar news about FM trashing his player in front of like 2k fans down there and boosters didn't like it?  AD pulled a JC and made him issue a public apology.  it's a train wreck down there. 

And regarding, his jobs, you're the one who posted that he turned down several good jobs while at KSU.  I've no idea if that's true.  Probably makes two of us.

I was speaking specifically about what happened at the end of the 11-12 season and his going to USC, the only job even open at the time, because his boss ran him out of town; but you knew that. And how in the hell could he salvage the relationship with Currie? He unilaterally suspended a senior for a round of 32 game for no reason at all to show the coach who had the bigger stick. The end game for any coach after that is pretty apparent.  BTW Currie is not forgiven ever for what he did to Jamar, what an amazingly shifty thing to do.

Frank was tied to the DePaul and Oregon jobs in previous seasons, but you knew that too. Weren't you one of the tucks people who complained when he was linked to these openings?

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2014, 11:03:29 PM »
I heard frank link himself to Miami every time he needed a raise.  Never heard the DePaul and Oregon chatter.  Is DePaul still a bball program?  Serious question. 

And just so I'm clear, frank was pushed out.  He wanted to stay, but JC ran him out of town?  That's your story?  Guess well just have to agree to disagree.