Author Topic: What a guy our old FRANK is!  (Read 30309 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: What a guy our old FRANK is!
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 10:49:08 PM »

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 10:53:29 PM »
Looks like a guy that just pushed his hand all in and lost to some dork. That dork being oscar. #emaw He should probably take up drinking again. Honeymoon period is over. :frown:

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 11:02:37 PM »
Never feel bad for someone who makes as much as he does

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 11:09:20 PM »
I'm glad we harvested his best years.  The feast was bountiful and I ate heartily. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 11:13:14 PM »
I'm glad we harvested his best years.  The feast was bountiful and I ate heartily.
Man, he ate off huggies recruites, left when it was "dried out" and here we are. Imagine that.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 11:17:06 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2014, 01:04:22 AM »
Man, he ate off huggies recruites, left when it was "dried out" and here we are. Imagine that.

Frank definitely benefitted from having guys who fit his style of basketball already in place.  South Carolina can definitely turn it around, but he's not starting with JYCs like Jamar, Dom, Jake, Lou, etc.  I really wonder where Frank's career would be if he had gone to an equal or better program on his own terms.  At this point, it doesn't look like Frank is the kind of guy who can turn a program around.  I love Frank for everything he did for us, but man, through a year and a half of oscar, I think we're in a much better place.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2014, 07:31:57 AM »
Frank walked in the door of the head coaches office and found Michael Beasley and Bill Walker sitting in his leather chairs.  Only an idiot would have failed to build on that. 

He doesn't have a clue as to how to build a program and sitting over on the bench starring at a stat sheet looking real mad isn't going to fix anything. 

He's already being forced to apologize to players and fans by an AD who didn't hire him at a school where board of trustee members who wanted Greg Marshall still hold their positions of power. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2014, 07:37:18 AM »
dax, you were really giving it to ole' frank on twitter yesterday. no @, tho.

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2014, 08:06:32 AM »
I love it when Dax gets mad on twitter. 
@lopakman

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2014, 08:13:47 AM »
his act is so old and he's just not a very intelligent guy.  for his own sake, i would hope he'd learn from his mistakes but he's so stubborn and caught up in his own persona/hype that he just can't let himself change.  his constant bashing of his players does has no positive effect on the team as a whole.  the guy and his team are circling the drain.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2014, 08:54:22 AM »
Franks #1 fan is himself. Brad Underwood was the real talent at K:State! http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/sasu-m-baskbl-sched.html

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2014, 08:58:00 AM »
guys we loved frank when he was here (still do). why bash him now?  :frown:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2014, 09:02:37 AM »
Cause everything he stood for was a lie. Atleast in my eyes. You can like him tho. It's just my oppinion, man.  :D

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2014, 09:03:49 AM »
Cause everything he stood for was a lie. Atleast in my eyes. You can like him tho. It's just my oppinion, man.  :D

i mean, i feel you, but like, every athletic coach ever basically lies all the time.

Offline WildcatNkilt

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Had the worst birthday ever on Dec. 5th of '98.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »
Frank was on 810 this morning talking about the upcoming matchup with Missouri. 

It was pretty entertaining.  He commented how his 4 and 5's accumulated more fouls than rebounds, shots on goal, and blocks combined last night. 

He said Georgia is a great "driving" team.  "They drive and get to the foul line, and that maybe we (USC) should start doing more of that."  "We wouldn't have to run our offenses anymore."

I think it was Nate who commented to Frank "so it sounds like you aren't a huge fan of the new rules."  Frank responds with "I'm a Chameleon.  I will adapt to the new rules.  I'm going to have to just go out and start recruiting 6'5" and 6'6" guys that pass the ball around the arc until one of them has the energy to put their head down and drive to the basket to create a foul."

I think Frank sees that his head coaching days are numbered.  He needs Brad and he needs talented recruits.

Kansas City Blue Barbecue fan.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2014, 09:12:01 AM »
The 4 crappiest players and their dads should threaten to transfer.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2014, 09:17:16 AM »
Frank was on 810 this morning talking about the upcoming matchup with Missouri. 

It was pretty entertaining.  He commented how his 4 and 5's accumulated more fouls than rebounds, shots on goal, and blocks combined last night. 

He said Georgia is a great "driving" team.  "They drive and get to the foul line, and that maybe we (USC) should start doing more of that."  "We wouldn't have to run our offenses anymore."

I think it was Nate who commented to Frank "so it sounds like you aren't a huge fan of the new rules."  Frank responds with "I'm a Chameleon.  I will adapt to the new rules.  I'm going to have to just go out and start recruiting 6'5" and 6'6" guys that pass the ball around the arc until one of them has the energy to put their head down and drive to the basket to create a foul."

I think Frank sees that his head coaching days are numbered.  He needs Brad and he needs talented recruits.

Frank sounds really really butthurt
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2014, 09:21:50 AM »

no we didn't.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
Frank responds with "I'm a Chameleon.  I will adapt to the new rules.  I'm going to have to just go out and start recruiting 6'5" and 6'6" guys that pass the ball around the arc until one of them has the energy to put their head down and drive to the basket to create a foul."

my goodness

Offline slucat

• GIRL ALERT, GIRL ALERT
  • Combo-Fan
  • This SLU, not the city
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
his schtick was old. the gig was up. cliche, cliche, cliche.

he didn't like currie, thought he could find a better situation, didn't.  now he's in a worse situation; publicly exposed as a bully with a crappy team. fun times frank, fun times.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »
Frank needs a Jacob Pullen.

Not necessarily a player that good, but Pullen obviously bought into Frank and had a similar chip on his shoulder that carried over to how the team plays, and to a lesser extent guys like Jamar. Beasley and Walker, etc. got Frank off to a good start, but Pullen helped carry him and contributed a lot IMHO to Frank building the program into his mold. One the key attributes of Frank was that he simply valued playing hard and toughness as skills and I think that's a big reason his teams won. Granted, there isn't a lot tangibly in the numbers that measures that, but I think his overwhelming defense (TO%), rebounding, and FT rate as strengths of his teams demonstrate those skills at least in part.

At the end of the day its simple; Frank needs that key player that buys in and has a personality similar to his and it doesn't look like he has that right now. If he doesn't find one he will fail.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2014, 09:42:55 AM »
Here's Franks recruiting class from last year. For the "wait and see" crowd, he had more to work with off his Freshman class, then we did, according to Rivals: http://rivals.yahoo.com/southcarolina/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2013/southcarolina-70

Also, our Seniors have been garbage until Southwell stepped up all of a sudden. So, yeah. We might have "more" to work with, but don't take guys like Moose, Frank!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:46:54 AM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline WillieWatanabe

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • We'll always have Salt Lake
    • View Profile
Sometimes I think of the Book of Job and how God likes to really eff with people.
- chunkles

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2014, 09:51:29 AM »

I'm enjoying his Woolyesque tenure at SoCar.  I find myself wondering how many years it will be before he grasps that elusive NIT bid.  I wouldn't consider that "bashing" him, though. 

personal opinion.  JC was heavy handed with Frank.  The crap with Jamar was ridiculous.  But, I also believe that Frank could've patched it up with JC and made it work if he really wanted to be in Manhattan.  I think if he had a stable of horses with solid recruiting on the horizon, along with his new practice facility, Frank wouldv'e tolerated JC like he did previously.  Personally, I think he saw the writing on the wall.  he bought low and sold high.  nobody can blame him for that, I guess.  He thought he was bigger than KSU basketball.  he gambled.   

Guess I just can't imagine being loyal to a guy who crap on this school and program and bolted for a lesser program because his AD was a jerk.  Frank wasn't forced out.  He left because he wanted to.  And he overvalued his own worth.  SoCar is now getting a full feature of what we got a small glimpse of.  And now, with the new foul rules, I see the Frank Martin brand diminishing even more. 

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 09:57:40 AM »
I feel bad for the guy. Honestly. He won the lottery at K-State and blew it. Yes, it was largely because of his ego and ridiculous pride, but I'm still sad for him.

And I think that recruiting class looks pretty good? :dunno: