Author Topic: Post your Fog Allen Gymnasium experiences here:  (Read 19667 times)

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
Re: Post your Fog Allen Gymnasium experiences here:
« Reply #100 on: January 13, 2014, 11:22:57 AM »
About time they did something about the urine smell.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 13, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
I have sat in the beam seats.  Sucks.  No excuse.

Cathedral.

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2014, 11:35:02 AM »

Cathedral.

All the great cathedrals of Europe smell like piss/burnt popcorn and blare AC/DC.

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2014, 11:38:27 AM »

Cathedral.

All the great cathedrals of Europe smell like piss/burnt popcorn and blare AC/DC.

Agreed.  Or...they should, right?

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2014, 11:44:20 AM »
For the sake of argument, I will accept the piss premise (even though I've never noticed said smell in AFH).

Have you seen the pictures of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel before the restoration project?  Centuries of candle smoke and incense produced a layer of grime so thick that it took 5 years working 'round the clock to remove.  Were the frescoes any less of a masterpiece before they were cleaned? No.  In the same manner, decades of visiting teams pissing down their legs can produce an aroma so vile that R. Kelly would be offended.  Now I axe you, does that make the venue any less of a cathedral?

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2014, 11:55:37 AM »
For the sake of argument, I will accept the piss premise (even though I've never noticed said smell in AFH).

Have you seen the pictures of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel before the restoration project?  Centuries of candle smoke and incense produced a layer of grime so thick that it took 5 years working 'round the clock to remove.  Were the frescoes any less of a masterpiece before they were cleaned? No.  In the same manner, decades of visiting teams pissing down their legs can produce an aroma so vile that R. Kelly would be offended.  Now I axe you, does that make the venue any less of a cathedral?

Is a Fiat Jolly that is rusted through, filled with vomit and feces still a car?  Sure but I would rather not get in it.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2014, 12:05:59 PM »

Is a Fiat Jolly that is rusted through, filled with vomit and feces still a car?  Sure but I would rather not get in it.

Does the stereo still blast DC?

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »

Very important question.   Also does the Jolly still pick up chicks?

Offline OregonSmock

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Mashing 'taters like an Old Country Buffet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2014, 12:07:42 PM »
K-State fans would rather smell Manhattan than smell the aroma of their own urine.  True story.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 13, 2014, 12:11:35 PM »

Without T- Struck its not KU basketball

Offline WavetheWheat

• Point Plank'r
  • Combo-Fan
  • SteveDave's Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 13, 2014, 12:16:53 PM »

Rocking it on repeat right now...huffing massive amounts of urine.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »
Heard a rumor that the KUAD had to hire a special cleaning crew to clean up after all of the K-State fans who pissed themselves during the game.  Apparently the urine smell was so thick that they're debating whether or not to even let K-State fans inside of AFH anymore.
Link?  :dunno:

Offline Brock Landers

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2014, 12:19:47 PM »

Cathedral.

Agreed.  Or...they should, right?

Okay, I will concede that much of Europe smells like piss.  The burnt popcorn and Thunderstruck still seems out of place.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 13, 2014, 12:20:54 PM »

You are easily the most legit KU fan on here.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 13, 2014, 12:28:52 PM »

You are easily the most legit KU fan on here.

definitely pretty legit.  i'm guessing he downloaded the song for Rock Band (Wii) and shredded some cold ACDC T-Struck steel at halftime.  why not?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Kermit

• Fan
  • "Wanna Guess Where My Thumb Has Been"
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 13, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »
The only people who call AFH a Cathedral are analysts that sit courtside.  You don't hear that from anyone sitting in the general population.  Most of those seats are terrible.  The poor students get crap on with their seats too.  Feel bad for them really.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 13, 2014, 01:52:57 PM »
This pretty my seques straight into the typical ku basketball fan demanding that all visitors, particularly media types proclaim Fog Allen the greatest basketball venue in the world.   

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 13, 2014, 01:57:38 PM »
you can clearly see the view obstructing beams in this picture (top left)

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 13, 2014, 02:00:04 PM »
wait that's what AFH looks like?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 13, 2014, 02:00:15 PM »
pass

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »
What a piece of eff
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2014, 02:04:13 PM »
This pretty my seques straight into the typical ku basketball fan demanding that all visitors, particularly media types proclaim Fog Allen the greatest basketball venue in the world.

Why can't you just let someone pay someone else a compliment without getting all butthurt about it?

Because I see the ku fan meltdowns when someone doesn't say that Fog Allen is the greatest ever.   That's butthurt.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2014, 02:05:43 PM »

Why can't you just let someone pay someone else a compliment without getting all butthurt about it?

Because I see the ku fan meltdowns when someone doesn't say that Fog Allen is the greatest ever.   That's butthurt.

No, that's entitlement.  There's a difference.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2014, 02:07:48 PM »

Not when you completely meltdown about it.

So, goEMAW Pledge Name:  Moosehawk

You are . . . denied.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2014, 02:28:21 PM »

Not when you completely meltdown about it.

So, goEMAW Pledge Name:  Moosehawk

You are . . . denied.

I don't know what you mean with all this moosehawk-talk...but I like it.  The moose is a powerful, majestic creature.  I once saw a group of wild meese on a hunting trip in Canada.  They are the lions of the great northern Boreal forest.