Author Topic: Media loves us, knows to respect us, talks about us being awesome thread  (Read 129927 times)

Offline Sandstone Outcropping

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • a punk who rarely ever took advice
    • View Profile

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Media loves us, knows to respect us, talks about us being awesome thread
« Reply #702 on: December 04, 2022, 11:18:46 AM »
Damn. Well said, Chip.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline konofo

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 06, 2022, 09:54:47 AM »
https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/35182068/college-football-bowl-picks-predicting-score-every-game

Motivation is by far the biggest factor here. Kansas State returns to its first New Year's Six bowl in a decade (2013 Fiesta), while Alabama missed the CFP for just the second time since it began following the 2014 season. The Crimson Tide did show up the last time they fell short of the top 4, crushing Michigan in the 2000 Citrus Bowl, but opt-outs likely will be a significant factor for coach Nick Saban's team. Will quarterback Bryce Young, linebacker Will Anderson Jr. and others even play? Kansas State can hold its own with anyone, and boasts standouts on both offense (running back Deuce Vaughn, quarterback Will Howard, receiver Malik Knowles) and defense (defensive end Felix Anudike-Uzomah, cornerback Julius Brents, linebacker Austin Moore). Maybe the more talented Tide roll, but I like the more engaged team to pull off the upset. Once again, Ty Zentner kicks the game-winning field goal.

Prediction: Kansas State 31, Alabama 30

kono

Online Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: April 10, 2023, 04:29:22 PM »
https://www.on3.com/news/2023-big-12-football-head-coach-rankings-who-holds-the-top-spot-chris-klieman-or-sonny-dykes/

1. Chris Klieman, Kansas State
Chris Klieman has positioned Kansas State as the annual spoiler in the Big 12, upsetting TCU in the conference championship to take home the title in 2022. The Wildcats have embraced Klieman’s blue-collar attitude, playing toughed-nose defense with a creative, coming-at-you offense.

He led K-State to its first 10-win season in a decade and also has four FCS national championships on his resume as the head coach at North Dakota State.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 10, 2023, 08:02:58 PM »
Spoiler? I don't know about all that.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 10, 2023, 08:41:04 PM »
https://www.on3.com/news/2023-big-12-football-head-coach-rankings-who-holds-the-top-spot-chris-klieman-or-sonny-dykes/

1. Chris Klieman, Kansas State
Chris Klieman has positioned Kansas State as the annual spoiler in the Big 12, upsetting TCU in the conference championship to take home the title in 2022. The Wildcats have embraced Klieman’s blue-collar attitude, playing toughed-nose defense with a creative, coming-at-you offense.

He led K-State to its first 10-win season in a decade and also has four FCS national championships on his resume as the head coach at North Dakota State.

Gundy looks like King of Tulsa

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 10, 2023, 09:23:36 PM »
Spoiler? I don't know about all that.
Probably relates to beating OU his first two seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
Man, I have been hearing and seeing this a lot.  Also, eff ESPN and their biased ratings.
.https://youtube.com/shorts/yYsXW2qG5gM?feature=share
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
I've always maintained that willie didn't need arms and legs covered to be a real mascot.
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
The SDSU podcasts are delusional.  They are talking about which conference, Big XII, or PAC they would choose.  Makes for LOL entertainment. 
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline SkinnyBenny

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good time rock-n-roll plastic banana FM type
    • View Profile
I've always maintained that willie didn't need arms and legs covered to be a real mascot.

It’s time that we as a danbase acknowledge that Willie is rough ridin' weird.
"walking around mhk and crying in the rain because of love lost is the absolute purest and best thing in the world.  i hope i fall in love during the next few weeks and get my heart broken and it starts raining just to experience it one last time."   --Dlew12

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
The hell

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile

It’s time that we as a danbase acknowledge that Willie is rough ridin' weird.
All mascots are weird, and Willie is one of the weirdest, which makes him the best.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
I'm all for weird, but current Willie is half assed. At the very least, he needs furry long clawed glove hand/paws with human arms. Probably a tail too.
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline IPA4Me

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Life Advice
No

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Offline john "teach me how to" dougie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • 1cat
    • View Profile
https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/37811590/college-football-future-power-rankings

College football Future Power Rankings

The Future Power Rankings train has reached its final stop for 2023: the team rankings.

By now, we've broken down the outlooks for quarterbacks, defenses and offenses for the next three seasons: 2023, 2024 and 2025. FPR doesn't get too wrapped up in current rosters, especially if significant turnover is on the horizon. Track records matter, as certain programs and coaches have earned the benefit of the doubt. So does recruiting and the transfer portal, an increasingly significant factor in shaping personnel projections.

The three previous 2023 breakdowns aren't the only predictors for the team rundown, but they certainly inform the philosophy. Some teams that didn't rate well in one particular category still made it in the overall rundown because their trendlines are promising. There aren't many surprises at the top.

At its core, FPR is a personnel-based forecast, and it assesses how current and future players will impact performance for their teams. Recent recruiting or projected success in 2023 carries weight. But some programs consistently outperform their recruiting rankings and deserve to be recognized appropriately in the team list.

Alabama has led off the past two team rankings, but there's a new No. 1 team this year, which will surprise no one. The 2022 rankings had Texas A&M at No. 4, a prediction that totally fell flat, and left out TCU entirely. But promising forecasts for teams like Michigan, USC and LSU worked out.

Now it's time to rank college football's top 25 teams during the next three seasons.

18. Kansas State Wildcats

2023 Future QB ranking: 17
2023 Future defense ranking: Not ranked
2023 Future offense ranking: Not ranked
2022 Future team ranking: Not ranked

Scouting the Wildcats: These rankings are personnel-based, but coaching and team trajectory also factor in, especially for the overall forecast. Kansas State's roster doesn't jump out as much as some, and the team lost four players to the NFL draft. But coach Chris Klieman has the program on a great path after winning the Big 12 in 2022. There's continuity with offensive coordinator Collin Klein, whom Notre Dame briefly pursued, and veteran defensive coordinator Joe Klanderman. Both the offense and defense nearly made their respective top 25s. Quarterback Will Howard was very good in league play last season, and could play through 2024. But Kansas State has recruited well with Jake Rubley and Avery Johnson, both ESPN top-80 prospects. Senior Phillip Brooks will lead a mostly revamped wide receiver group this fall after a 45-catch season. Iowa transfer Keagan Johnson should help, but others must emerge. Top tight end Ben Sinnott is back after 447 receiving yards in 2022. Florida State transfer Treshaun Ward gives Kansas State an experienced running back to help replace star Deuce Vaughn, while sophomore DJamer Giddens will factor in more the next few years. Guard Cooper Beebe, the Big 12's Offensive Lineman of the Year, leads a line with ample experience in tackles KT Leveston and Christian Duffie, center Hayden Gillum and others.

Kansas State's defense loses star power, namely NFL first-round pick Felix Anudike-Uzomah at end and lengthy cornerback Julius Brents. But there are areas of promise, including linebackers Austin Moore and Daniel Green, who will lead their unit this season. Moore could contend for league player of the year honors. Senior end Brendan Mott should fill Anudike-Uzomah's production after recording six sacks last fall, and end Khalid Duke (three sacks in 2022) also is back for his final season. Mississippi State transfer Jevon Banks brings experience to the nose guard spot. The secondary is retooling a bit, although veteran safety Kobe Savage (three interceptions in 2022) is back, alongside safety V.J. Payne, who made four starts as a true freshman. Transfers Marques Sigle (North Dakota State) and Tyler Nelome (Southeast Missouri State) add to the mix. Kansas State will remain a development-focused program, but the recent success should open the team up to more high-caliber recruits.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 12:23:08 AM by john "teach me how to" dougie »

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Carbon Emawxide: the quietest killer

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
My goodness. Look at this smoking hot clowder of cats:

https://twitter.com/LifeofFitz/status/1679487881084018688?s=20

Offline Kid In the Hall

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
My goodness. Look at this smoking hot clowder of cats:

https://twitter.com/LifeofFitz/status/1679487881084018688?s=20

Look at those Docs on Daniel Green - 1995 is back baby!