Author Topic: Media loves us, knows to respect us, talks about us being awesome thread  (Read 129914 times)

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
Re: Media loves us, knows to respect us, talks about us being awesome thread
« Reply #650 on: August 20, 2021, 08:03:24 AM »
Alright alright. If I'm the only one...

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 20, 2021, 08:29:13 AM »
so many ubben stans

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline DaBigTrain

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • stuxnet, meltdown, spectre, Bitcoin, ffChamp
    • View Profile
"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"

https://blockstream.info/block/000000000019d6689c085ae165831e934ff763ae46a2a6c172b3f1b60a8ce26f

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Post the article K(CFDcat)K

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
The question for Chris Klieman, a man who owns seven North Dakota State national title rings, was this: How does he look at 8-5? Does the Kansas State head coach think more glass-half-full about all the things that went right, or does he focus on what he wants to fix? For him, the answer is easy.

“Where we’re at in Year 4, with the things we’ve had and especially the issues in 2020? Huge glass-half-full,” Klieman said. “I thought we had a hell of a year. It would be easier for me to flip it the other way. But I don’t want to.”

After losing five in a row to finish 4-6 in 2020, Klieman is pretty darn proud of what his Wildcats accomplished last season, and rightfully so. They got off to a 3-0 start despite losing quarterback Skylar Thompson for two games. They faced some of the Big 12’s best teams early and started 0-3 in conference play. Then they went on the road to Texas Tech and fell behind 14-0 in the first three minutes. Heading into the locker room down 24-10, they were fed up.

“It could have really spiraled at that time, and that’s where our season really turned,” Klieman said. “We went to the locker room and our kids said we were not losing that football game. That was a cool thing for me and that locker room, them saying, ‘Coach, just trust us on this.’ We kept telling them we believe in you and we’re gonna find a way to win this game. We ended up getting the lead and held on when they were driving to try to win it. That game, in my mind, really catapulted us.”

K-State rolled to four consecutive wins and had chances late to pull an upset against eventual Big 12 champ Baylor. After a rough 22-17 loss at Texas in the regular season finale, they had another moment of truth. Six players entered the transfer portal. The rest had to decide how much they cared about playing a 6-6 LSU team in the Texas Bowl.

“The kids leaving during that time was probably the best thing for the guys that remained,” Klieman said. “Those guys sat in a team meeting, and I said if you’re in this team meeting, you’re here for the duration of this bowl prep and the win over LSU. Our older kids stood up and said if you’re leaving, don’t come to practice. If you’re not leaving, you stay here and we’re winning this dang bowl game. Our kids went all-in.”

Klieman also faced one of his toughest decisions yet at that time. He moved on from offensive coordinator Courtney Messingham, his longtime friend, and turned to quarterbacks coach Collin Klein as interim OC for the bowl. Klein aced his audition, both in the weeks of bowl prep and in rolling to a 42-20 victory that flaunted their offensive capabilities. They were trying to score 50. The Tigers were depleted, no question. But K-State played its best football that night.

“The best thing about that game was our mentality,” Klein said. “Our guys were in attack mode from the jump and really got after it. We want to carry that forward.”

The offense is going to stay multiple under Klein but intends to be more aggressive with Nebraska transfer quarterback Adrian Martinez leading more no-huddle tempo in the right situations. Last season Kansas State ranked dead last in the FBS in offensive plays per game at 57.5. But Klieman isn’t trying to average 75, either. “We’re not gonna be a super fast operation, but we have to be able to dictate tempo and try to create a little bit more rhythm and get over 65 snaps a game,” Klein said. “That’s important. Every shot matters.” Deuce Vaughn, their All-America running back, loves what he’s seen so far this offseason.

“We’re definitely changing some things up,” Vaughn said. “It’ll be a Coach Klein offense, and I feel like it’s gonna be a pretty exciting offense.”

Klieman hasn’t been afraid to adapt his proven blueprint for competing in the Big 12. The Wildcats switched to the 3-3-5 defense last season to better combat RPOs and get their best personnel on the field. Offensively, he says they need a few more possessions per game and notes they haven’t been a good come-from-behind team in this league. “We were never behind at North Dakota State,” he said. The head coach knows what they need to be to win in this conference. He believes they’re on the right trajectory. Are they ready for the next big step?

“We’re wanting to compete for a Big 12 championship,” Klieman said. “I’ve wanted to compete for a Big 12 championship since the day I set foot here. We feel we’re closer. I’d have been lying if I told you I knew we could win a Big 12 championship in 2019 or 2020. I didn’t even know what we had in 2019, and we ended up finishing third and had a great season.

“But now I think our kids know more what the expectation is and what we’re doing on both sides of the ball. I think that’s it, as much as anything: making sure players understand how close we are. We’re right on that doorstep, in my mind. Now, things still have to go your way. You still have to stay healthy. You still have to make those critical plays. There are no gimmes.”

Offense

Martinez couldn’t be happier with his experience at Kansas State so far. The Nebraska grad transfer brings four years of starting experience and should benefit from playing with a stronger supporting cast. He needs to stay healthy and take care of the football, but he’s got a chance to be one of the better playmakers in the Big 12.

Martinez is recovering from surgery for a torn labrum and was limited in spring ball. The staff is taking a patient approach but has been pleased by his progress. “I think he’s ahead of schedule, or at least from what I was expecting,” Klein said. Martinez led the Huskers in rushing attempts in each of his last three years. That won’t be the case at K-State.

“There’s a really, really strong run game here that I know will help me out in the pass game and play-action game,” Martinez said. “One of the things I want to showcase that I didn’t necessarily get to is consistency in the pass game and being able to find a consistent rhythm as an offense. I know we can do that here. We’re going to go no-huddle but we can also huddle up, take our time and really take the will out of the defense. We didn’t have that ability at Nebraska.”

The Wildcats topped 200 passing yards in just six games last season and had the Big 12’s No. 9 passing attack despite having an NFL quarterback behind center. They were pretty average, too, when it came to generating explosive plays. “We’ve got a lot of really good skill kids,” Klieman said. “We have to be able to move the ball around.” If Martinez can be all they’re hoping, he’ll give Will Howard more invaluable time to keep developing. The 6-foot-5, 242-pound junior had to start 10 games over his first two seasons. Klein feels his quarterback room is in great shape right now with Jaren Lewis and Jake Rubley continuing to compete and Adryan Lara coming in this summer.

When you have a consensus All-American in the backfield, it tends to make the quarterback’s job a little easier. Vaughn put together a remarkable sophomore season with 1,872 yards from scrimmage (fourth-most nationally) and 22 touchdowns. That’s 144 yards per game on average, and Vaughn’s 59 plays of 10-plus yards ranked second-most among all FBS backs. Three backups hit the portal, so a true No. 2 back needs to emerge in fall camp. The Wildcats are bringing in junior college transfer Anthony Frias to push Jordan Schippers, DJamer Giddens and Devrin Weathers. Jax Dineen, their second-team All-Big 12 fullback, has also done some cross-training here.

There’s good experience returning at wide receiver with the trio of Malik Knowles, Phillip Brooks and Kade Warner, and this should be one of the Wildcats’ deeper rooms. Chabastin Taylor, a super senior, is finally healthy and should make an impact. Redshirt freshman RJ Garcia II generated a lot of buzz this spring and really stood out by making plays against their top corners.

“He’s a very instinctual football player, he’s a little more comfortable in the offense and he’s gotten stronger and a little bit faster,” Klein said. “It was really fun to see.”

They’re also adding Ole Miss transfer Jadon Jackson and have several young players who need to take the next step. As for the tight ends, Sammy Wheeler is the leader of the room now and has gotten bigger and stronger. They’ll need to find their No. 2 option. Ben Sinnott has a lot of potential as a tight end and fullback, and Will Swanson and Konner Fox should contribute.

On the offensive line, Cooper Beebe and Christian Duffie are back to lead the way. Beebe was a first-team All-Big 12 selection last year and graded out fifth-best among all tackles who return this season, according to PFF. Duffie, the right tackle, is a fellow 20-game starter. But the three interior linemen were all seniors and must be replaced.

Taylor Poitier is likely to start in one of the guard spots. He has big-time potential but was sidelined with an injury last season. “When healthy, we think he’s one of our best offensive linemen,” Klieman said. Hayden Gillum and Hadley Panzer are battling for the starting center job. As for the fifth spot? That’ll be interesting. Redshirt freshman tackle Andrew Leingang is going to play a lot this fall. If he’s playing well, Beebe could move inside to guard. Klein said Beebe sees himself as more of an interior lineman long-term, but he’s going to play wherever they need him. KT Leveston has been able to swing between guard and tackle and could win one of these starting jobs as well. “It’s finding that right mix of five where they can play the best together,” Klein said.

Key stat to know: A heavy workload is no problem for Vaughn. He had 284 touches (235 rushes, 49 catches) on offense last season, which ranked 11th-most among all FBS running backs. But he averaged more yards per play (6.6) than every back who finished in the top 10. Getting 21.8 touches per game was a lot but not more than he could handle, and he fortunately stayed healthy throughout. Klein points out that Vaughn’s usage ended up being similar to K-State great Darren Sproles, who averaged 21.2 touches per game over his final three seasons.

“We see Deuce as an every-down back,” Klein said. “He’s been very durable and he’s a great instinctual football player, so he kind of keeps himself out of some trouble that way. We’ve got to make sure we take care of him. But, shoot, I see him as an every-down back. He’s an incredible player and we’ll protect him, but he’s the bell cow, too.”

Defense

Playing a 3-3-5 defense was a huge shift for this coaching staff, and the initial results were promising. The Wildcats’ defense finished No. 16 in SP+ and No. 23 in points per game and was No. 3 in the Big 12 in scoring and yards per play in conference games. Defensive coordinator Joe Klanderman described the transition as “trial by fire” and said the staff probably made too many week-to-week changes and couldn’t get as deep into things like situational packages as they would’ve preferred. They also still carried four-down packages in their plan because they weren’t ready to fully embrace the new strategy.

“We were 15-plus years invested into 4-2-5 defense,” Klanderman said. “There weren’t a lot of things we didn’t know about that. To be able to just ditch that and have a clear conscience, we weren’t able to do that. So we still carried some of those concepts. We didn’t have experience in what we were partaking in, so we weren’t ready to wholesale commit to it. Now we have. I think our guys think differently now than maybe they did a year ago at this time, reacting differently to different pictures. I think we’re on the right track.”

They’re in great shape up front heading into 2022. Felix Anudike-Uzomah broke out as one of the most productive pass rushers in the country as a sophomore, sharing Big 12 Defensive Lineman of the Year honors after racking up 11 sacks, 14.5 tackles for loss and 43 pressures. He plays with a non-stop motor, is becoming a better technician and hasn’t come close to hitting his ceiling. “I’m really excited about the fall he’s about to have,” Klanderman said. He’s no less excited about what he’s seeing from Nate Matlack, who enjoyed a strong finish to his redshirt freshman season and was bigger and more confident this spring.

Eli Huggins, the starting nose in this three-man front, is back for his super senior season and has 21 consecutive starts under his belt. There’s solid depth behind the starters with guys like Jaylen Pickle and Dee Hentz back, but K-State’s D-line was incredibly thin in spring ball due to offseason surgeries, injuries and departures. They’ll know more about what they have in fall camp, but this front should cause a lot of problems.

At linebacker, Daniel Green returns as the starting Mike and is bringing good leadership. His team-high 89 tackles last season rank third-most among all returning Big 12 defenders. K-State picked up Will Honas from Nebraska, and he’s got a chance to start at the Will position. “Very, very smart kid who understands the game so well,” Klieman said. “I’m looking for Will to have a really big year.” Austin Moore got the spring reps at that spot, keeps improving and will compete for that job as well. Nick Allen missed the spring, but Klieman calls him the glue guy for their room.

The return of Khalid Duke gives this K-State defense a really interesting chess piece. The explosive 6-foot-4, 240-pound pass rusher only played three games before a season-ending injury last year. He worked with the linebackers this spring and looks ready to play more of a hybrid role as the Sam linebacker. “He’s a difference maker,” Klieman said. Reggie Stubblefield played well in that role at 6-foot and 195 pounds last season, but the position needs a more traditional linebacker body type. Missouri transfer Shawn Robinson impressed Klanderman this spring as a physical, fast, smart defender who fits in that spot, and Krew Jackson had a good spring as well. The Wildcats also landed junior college transfer Gavin Forsha last week.

They’ve got two really good starters returning at cornerback in Julius Brents and Ekow Boye-Doe, and the depth behind them is coming together. Omar Daniels was one of their most improved defenders in the spring, and junior college transfers Jordan Wright and Justice Clemons will contribute. The staff had to load up on newcomers in the secondary this offseason but believes it will have more coverage options now than it did a year ago.

The safety positions are the real question. The Wildcats have to replace four seniors who played a combined 2,312 snaps last season. They know what they have in TJ Smith, who played 500 snaps and logged seven starts last season, but there are a lot of new faces in that room and two more starting jobs to fill.

Junior college transfer Kobe Savage came in at midyear and looks like he’ll make an immediate impact. “I think he’s a really talented player, really smart and physical,” Klanderman said. “He’s what we’re looking for.” Kansas State also brought in Josh Hayes, who played for this staff at North Dakota State, and moved him to free safety in the spring because they think he’s one of their 11 best defenders. Cincere Mason returned for his extra season and is coming back from injury but will help. The staff also landed a proven veteran in Prairie View A&M transfer Drake Cheatum, a two-time All-SWAC performer, after the spring, along with Arizona transfer Javione Carr.

“It’s probably the most critical spot,” Klieman said. “Coach Klanderman and I will have our hands full, and I’ll help Joe a lot just because they’re three different positions and that’s an awful lot from a teaching standpoint as well as a practice standpoint.”

Key stat to know: Kansas State ranked No. 2 nationally in third-down defense in 2019 and wants to get back to that high standard. The Wildcats finished No. 81 last season, allowing first downs on 40 percent of those plays. One key difference? The conversion rate was 33 percent in their wins and 51 percent in their losses. Klanderman noticed they faced third and short (1-3 yards) too many times. They were in that situation 57 times (17th-most in the FBS) and their opponent converted on 61 percent of them. The DC wants to be more disruptive on early downs to get into more third-and-longs, and he’s working on better answers for those third-down stops. “We have to do a better job getting guys in position where they can make plays,” Klanderman said, “whether that’s man matchups they can win or being in better underneath support zones.”

Special teams

Malik Knowles was a first-team All-Big 12 selection as a kickoff returner in 2021 after ranking fourth nationally in yards per return and scoring two touchdowns. Phillip Brooks has three career punt return touchdowns and was first-team all-conference in 2020. They give this team a big advantage in that phase, and K-State has scored more return touchdowns (nine) than any Power 5 program since Klieman took over in 2019.

True freshman Chris Tennant took over as the placekicker in the second half of the season and went 5 of 8 on field-goal tries and 16 of 16 on extra points. Punter Ty Zentner is back for his super senior year and entering his third season as starter. He averaged 43.7 yards per boot last season, which ranked fifth-best in the Big 12.

“We spent a ton of time on special teams this spring just because we were down so many defensive guys,” Klieman said. “We know that Kansas State, for decades, won games on special teams, and we have in my time here as well. We have to continue to be better than average on special teams. We need to be exceptional, and we put a ton of emphasis on it.”

Opposing scouting report

The Athletic spoke with a Big 12 assistant coach who expects Kansas State to be one of the tougher teams to beat in the conference this fall. The coach praised Anudike-Uzomah as one of the best players in the conference and knows the Wildcats’ defense will play hard and be well-coached, but he’s most interested in their offensive changes and how different they’ll look in 2022.

“Skylar Thompson was a really good quarterback who gave them a chance to win every single game when he played,” the assistant said. “I think it’s going to be the exact same with Adrian Martinez. He’s played a ton of football. Nothing’s going to be new to him. If you have a guy at QB who can keep you in every game and give you a chance to win, I think they’re going to be really good.”

While this coach believes his defense has done a decent job of trying to account for Vaughn in their matchups, the threat of the diminutive stud breaking away for a big gain on any given play is always stressful.

“Deuce is electric,” the assistant said. “He’s so small but, man, he’s just so quick. With his lateral quickness and burst, every time he touches the ball, you hold your breath a little bit.”

This coach was intrigued by the decision to promote Klein to offensive coordinator and is eager to see what new wrinkles he’ll implement for the Wildcats’ offense, including whether he’ll bring back some of the QB run concepts that made Klein so successful as a player.

“I thought he did a great job in the bowl game. With a new QB, with a new system and with Deuce, what is he going to do?” the coach asked. “Is he going to be more play-action and under center or does he spread it out a bit? I have a feeling they’ll probably get Martinez on the move a bit and create stuff with his legs, but I’m curious to see the balance and the true identity that he’ll go with.”

How the Wildcats have recruited from 2019 to 2022

The pandemic made it more difficult for this Kansas State staff to get fully operating in recruiting like they’d want, so Klieman is certainly grateful to be mostly past that period and returning to normal with on-campus visits, off-campus recruiting and camps. It was important to get his assistants back out on the road this spring, hitting as many schools as they can in their state and nearby.

“It’s fun to be able to go out and see all the players, see the coaches, get in schools,” he said. “That’s what it’s about, getting into those schools and representing Kansas State, especially in our state. We’re going to win in the state of Kansas first. We’ve talked about that as a staff, and our staff knows that. We have to win in-state. We have to win in the state of Kansas, whether it’s a scholarship kid or a walk-on kid. We’re giving those kids an opportunity because it means the world to those kids to put the Powercat on.”

They know how to win on evaluations. Anudike-Uzomah was the lowest-rated signee in their 2020 class. Vaughn was the No. 157 player in the state of Texas that year. Beebe was the No. 1,433 overall recruit in 2019. The Wildcats will likely only have three former four-stars on their roster this fall in Martinez, Rubley and Robinson. As this regime enters its fourth season, there aren’t many LHC Bill Snyder signees left. Klieman and his staff have built this roster. The years of development they’ve put into this group should really show up this fall.

K-State inked four in-state signees (including Sterling Lockett) in its 2022 class and aim to do better than that in 2023. But the Wildcats’ classes are likely always going to feature a blend of high school, junior college and transfer portal recruits. Those players who can make a more immediate impact give their younger talent time to get ready for playing Big 12 ball. It’s been interesting to see how many junior college and transfer players they’ve added post-spring this year. For programs like K-State, recruiting is far from over on signing day.

“We are still hunting, and that’s college football right now,” Klieman said. “The month of May turned into January. The month of May had always been looking about a year or two ahead. But May was filling the spots we have from the attrition from either the season or the end of spring that we didn’t replace. Everybody’s going through this. We had official visitors basically the entire month of May as we’re trying to fill our needs and our roster just for 2022.”

In the transfer portal

The players Kansas State signed out of the portal for 2021 were just what the program needed: veteran players in key spots who brought more leadership and competition. Russ Yeast, a grad transfer safety from Louisville, even became a first-team All-Big 12 selection whom the Rams drafted in the seventh round. This staff feels good about its evaluation process and stayed focused on fit with its seven portal pickups this year.

“Our current team knows we had kids like Reggie Stubblefield, Russ Yeast, Timmy Horne, Daniel Imatorbhebhe, Eric Munoz and Julius Brents that fit in and not only are they good players, they’re good people and they help us,” Klieman said. “The first thing we wanted and hit on, and it’s the same thing with this group, was: Do they make our locker room better? Do they make being around our guys better? If they’re all in it for themselves, it’s probably not going to work. We’ve really vetted those guys before we decide to offer a scholarship.”

They did not throw out offers to several other transfer quarterbacks in December. Klein was locked in targeting Martinez as soon as he entered the portal and had no concerns about the fact that the Huskers’ four-year starter was coming off surgery and would miss spring ball. He was their guy all along, and he chose K-State over Cal and serious interest from five Big Ten programs.

Maryland transfer Bradley Jennings was another big portal get, but the young linebacker couldn’t get through his first spring in the program and is now back home at UCF. That one didn’t work out, but there’s optimism they’ve made good picks on the rest and helped resolve needs. The Wildcats lost 16 scholarship players to the portal this offseason. Five of them were on the two-deep at the end of the regular season. The notable departures on offense included Vaughn’s backups — Joe Ervin (Middle Tennessee), Clyde Price (Akron) and Jacardia Wright (Missouri State) — and receiver Tyrone Howell (Louisiana-Monroe). Wayne Jones (Charlotte), Tee Denson (Purdue) and Justin Gardner did play significant snaps on defense last season and were replaced by newcomers.

Impact of coaching changes

Klein’s promotion to offensive coordinator was well-deserved, but make no mistake: the firing of Messingham was an incredibly difficult decision. His friendship with Kleiman dates all the way back to the 1980s when they were teammates at Northern Iowa, and Messingham had been with this staff since 2017. But changes were necessary.

Klieman wasn’t interested in totally moving away from what K-State does on offense, even if he had gone with an outside hire. There are still a lot of things he likes about the scheme, but it needed adjustments and new ideas. Before naming the interim OC for the bowl game, Klieman said he and Klein got to spend a week together out on the road recruiting.

“I was picking his brain on what his ideas were as well as, from a defensive perspective, picking his brain on the things that affect and bother a defense,” Klieman said. “Can we mesh those things together and find a way to maximize our ability with what we have offensively? I’m excited.”

The LSU game and all the preparation leading up to it was Klein’s opportunity to show off a preview of his vision. He knows the buy-in he got from players and their hard work is a big reason why he holds the job today.

“It’s a tremendous honor,” Klein said. “I’m so grateful and humbled that Coach Klieman would give me the responsibility. I’m just trying to do everything we can to make them successful and carry the thing forward.”

Kansas State made two more hires on offense. Thad Ward, the new receivers coach, was on Temple’s staff for the past three years but brings a lot of FBS coaching experience in the Midwest from his time at Illinois, Northern Illinois and Western Michigan. Klieman hadn’t worked with him before, but Ward came highly recommended by running backs coach Brian Anderson.

Klieman also chose to promote Brian Lepak, who replaced Jason Ray as the tight ends and fullbacks coach after serving as the senior quality control staffer in 2021. Lepak knows the conference well as a former Oklahoma player and graduate assistant, and elevating him was an easy call considering Lepak had already filled in as an on-field coach when the staff had a COVID-19 issue last season as well as for the bowl game.

Final assessment

The Wildcats played in seven games last year in which they either led or trailed by one score in the fourth quarter. They won four, which is not bad. But those close calls are the difference between eight wins and 10 (or six). Klieman is betting that more aggression on offense is the needed adjustment to help this program take its next big step forward. Martinez definitely has that big-play capability, and it’s clear he’s the X-factor for this season. This is his big chance to prove he can play at a consistently high level every week.

Kansas State has proven all-conference talent on both sides of the ball, and the schedule sets up nicely for a hot start. If they can stay healthy and put it all together, this K-State team has the goods to be in the Big 12 championship race in November.

Offline KITNfury

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Eat My Ass Whole
    • View Profile
 :billdance:
I once blew clove smoke in a guy's face that cut in front of me in the line to KJ's.

Offline KCFDcat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
did not realize how long that was until I copy/pasted it  :sdeek:

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
The only person on this blog who thinks we made a bad hire is @dickstone, CK is $ and a winner!

Offline wiley

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/big-12-football-2022-all-conference-team

Weird to see Brents garner higher honors than Ekow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it's easy to be emaw when EMAW is at your doorstep - FFF

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
[tweet]1544333472097075202[/tweet]?s=20&t=_eiACsi4w2tOHxMab1ZGTw
https://twitter.com/ESPN_BillC/status/1544333329490755588?s=20&t=rnnxGiYyzA_rXf13CNvFMA
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 01:20:27 PM by HugeCat »

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I guess we found the dudes. All this time we’ve been looking on the wrong board
[tweet]1544362836943568902[/tweet]?s=20&t=rnnxGiYyzA_rXf13CNvFM
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 01:19:53 PM by HugeCat »

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This guy doesn’t even know Messingham got fired lol
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
I don’t know who does DeLeuw dude is, but he seems like a huge Homer.
https://twitter.com/TSSO_Podcast/status/1547228626927493120?s=20&t=1zDMDvA7R4zhzdlo9c0k7A

Offline Winters

• The King of Real Zeal
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
https://twitter.com/TSSO_Podcast/status/1547228626927493120?s=20&t=1zDMDvA7R4zhzdlo9c0k7A

You're his sock, aren't you?
Best #heel and/or #babyface on this blogsite

If it were up to me, Wintz would be on a fan scholarship, full ride.

Offline HugeCat

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
[tweet]1547228626927493120[/tweet]?s=20&t=1zDMDvA7R4zhzdlo9c0k7A

You're his sock, aren't you?
lol. What are these socks you people speak of? Somebody accused me of being a D Scott sock a while back.  It’s just plain ol me, Da Huge One

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 23, 2022, 11:31:04 AM »
https://football.pitcherlist.com/the-complete-guide-to-college-football-preseason-edition/
Replacing the Sooners and Longhorns in the Big 12 in 2024 will be Houston, BYU, UCF, and Cincinnati. The Big 12 is essentially gutting the American Conference, taking its most valuable properties so that people everywhere can enjoy some more high-quality Big 12 football. Thank goodness the Big 12 has recognizable brands, like Kansas State and West Virginia, so that people will continue to watch Big 12 games in prime time slots. Meanwhile, Oklahoma and Texas’ remaining years in the Big 12 will have them continually measured against their expected performance in the SEC.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 24, 2022, 09:42:07 AM »
https://theathletic.com/3532982/2022/08/24/stewart-mandels-big-12-predictions-is-it-k-states-year-in-a-conference-of-change/

Championship game
Kansas State over Baylor

Player of the Year
Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn. Texas’ Bijan Robinson may be the bigger name, but the 5-foot-6, 176-pound Vaughn, a fellow junior, can be every bit the playmaker while doing so for a better team. If he stays healthy, 2,000 all-purpose yards is well within reach.

Runner-up: Oklahoma State QB Spencer Sanders.

Impact transfer
Kansas State QB Adrian Martinez. I wouldn’t be picking K-State to win the conference if I didn’t believe Martinez could boost the Wildcats’ offense. His turnover issues as Nebraska’s four-year starter are well-documented, but moving out of the dumpster fire in Lincoln to play for Chris Klieman should do wonders for Martinez’s consistency.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 24, 2022, 07:37:51 PM »
Gawd darn, that Stew guy is starting to gain a little favor with the Cats.  He knows deep in his heart, the big 10 and Big XII are going to end the PAC.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 25, 2022, 11:43:41 AM »
https://theathletic.com/3532982/2022/08/24/stewart-mandels-big-12-predictions-is-it-k-states-year-in-a-conference-of-change/

Championship game
Kansas State over Baylor

Player of the Year
Kansas State RB Deuce Vaughn. Texas’ Bijan Robinson may be the bigger name, but the 5-foot-6, 176-pound Vaughn, a fellow junior, can be every bit the playmaker while doing so for a better team. If he stays healthy, 2,000 all-purpose yards is well within reach.

Runner-up: Oklahoma State QB Spencer Sanders.

Impact transfer
Kansas State QB Adrian Martinez. I wouldn’t be picking K-State to win the conference if I didn’t believe Martinez could boost the Wildcats’ offense. His turnover issues as Nebraska’s four-year starter are well-documented, but moving out of the dumpster fire in Lincoln to play for Chris Klieman should do wonders for Martinez’s consistency.

:crossfingers:
hope they all stay healthy the whole season

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 25, 2022, 11:43:39 PM »
More good predictions:                                                                                                                                             .
                                                                                                                                                                              .
https://youtu.be/3YxVIJisq9Y
Hot time in Kat town tonight.