Author Topic: Last 7 games - Jake Waters  (Read 10920 times)

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Re: Last 7 games - Jake Waters
« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2013, 02:40:11 PM »
Sams at QB in 2015(and 2014 if it was my decision).  Sharp in 2016, I want nothing to do with Ertz.  Dual threat studs>>> 2 star white pocket passers from Iowa with 0 FBS offers and one D3 offer or something.

Ertz played small college football, so he was overlooked.

Granted, it was small high school, but he was a wrecking ball that scored a gazillion TD's and broke the Iowa state record for them in all classes.

I believe he was the Iowa Gatorade POY last year, as well.
  Sharp was too, at a higher level.  He looks like a more refined version of Sams.

I had to change my quote.  I made a few mistakes in there (i.e. college instead of high school, last year instead of Sr year).

I'm very intrigued by Sharp.  I think he was a tremendous pickup.  I think he and Ertz will have a really, really great QB battle in 2016.

I still think Sams gets the job in 2015.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »
Sams at QB in 2015(and 2014 if it was my decision).  Sharp in 2016, I want nothing to do with Ertz.  Dual threat studs>>> 2 star white pocket passers from Iowa with 0 FBS offers and one D3 offer or something.

Granted, it was small high school, but he was a wrecking ball that scored a gazillion TD's and broke the Iowa state record for them in all classes.

I'm listening.

IOWA FOOTBALL POY: JESSE ERTZ

SHARE (0)TWEET (0)EMAILMORE
For a list of the other Gatorade State Football Player of the Year winners, click here.

THE WINNER: Jesse Ertz

THE BASICS

School: Mediapolis (Iowa)
Grade: Senior
Position: Quarterback
Height: 6-foot-3
Weight: 190 pounds

THE PILLARS

Athletic achievement: He threw for 2,613 yards and 45 touchdowns against just two interceptions this past season, leading the Bulldogs (13-1) to the Class 2A state championship game. A returning Class 2A First Team All-State selection as named by the Des Moines Register, Ertz also rushed for 1,063 yards and 14 touchdowns on 98 carries. His 98 career passing touchdowns set an Iowa state record, breaking current University of Iowa quarterback James Vandenberg’s previous state record of 93.

Academic excellence: Ertz has maintained a 3.11 GPA in the classroom.

Exemplary character: In addition to donating his time as a youth football and basketball instructor, he has volunteered locally on behalf of 4-H and Future Farmers of America. Ertz has also participated in a youth literacy-outreach program and performed snow removal for both his church and area elderly.

THE PRAISE

“He obviously is a great quarterback, and I have nothing but glowing things to say about this young man,” said Ben Slife, head coach of rival West Liberty (Iowa). “He exemplifies everything that is great about high school athletics. He absolutely killed us in the two games that we played against him. He was never a showman. He acted with class the entire game, and I have the utmost respect for him and the Mediapolis football team.”

THE FUTURE: Ertz has verbally committed to play football on an athletic scholarship at Kansas State University beginning in the fall of 2013.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2013, 02:42:16 PM »
80/20 Waters/Sams, with Sams at WR when he's not QB.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2013, 02:43:33 PM »

Sharp was too, at a higher level.  He looks like a more refined version of Sams.

I had to change my quote.  I made a few mistakes in there (i.e. college instead of high school, last year instead of Sr year).

I'm very intrigued by Sharp.  I think he was a tremendous pickup.  I think he and Ertz will have a really, really great QB battle in 2016.

I do too, kinda weird how easily people are giving up on him completely as a QB though he AND Jake have made massive improvements.  Sharp seems smarter than Sams with the ball and he could be really good.  I hope Ertz is a stud too, but I wanna be able to run more with the QB than we could this year.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2013, 02:59:37 PM »

I do too, kinda weird how easily people are giving up on him completely as a QB though he AND Jake have made massive improvements.  Sharp seems smarter than Sams with the ball and he could be really good.  I hope Ertz is a stud too, but I wanna be able to run more with the QB than we could this year.

The trend of QB running typically trends down each year that a QB returns.  We throw more and run less.

Ertz can run.  The only reason his team didn't win state his SR year is because he tore his ACL (I think that's what it was...) in the semifinals.

Sharp is incredibly fast.  His arm, while accurate, is not that strong from the limited video that I've seen.  That can obviously change once we get him on campus.

Ertz/Sharp will be the next great QB debate we have.  It's a high class problem.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:04 PM »

The trend of QB running typically trends down each year that a QB returns.  We throw more and run less.

Ertz can run.  The only reason his team didn't win state his SR year is because he tore his ACL (I think that's what it was...) in the semifinals.

Sharp is incredibly fast.  His arm, while accurate, is not that strong from the limited video that I've seen.  That can obviously change once we get him on campus.

Ertz/Sharp will be the next great QB debate we have.  It's a high class problem.
  That's what Ive noticed on tape.  Not a great arm, but solid.  Hopefully one of the two will be TD machines.  I havent watched tape on Ertz, so admittedly I jumped the gun on judging him.