Author Topic: Jevon Thomas  (Read 48185 times)

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
Re: Jevon Thomas
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
oscar said the egg thing again in postgame, so he must have heard how much people liked it.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2013, 06:01:36 PM »
Who knew Angel would be so easy to replace?  Other than oscar, I mean.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2013, 06:05:20 PM »

Not me, that's for sure.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2013, 06:21:46 PM »
If you aren't loving Jevon something is really, really wrong with you. He's so fun.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »

If you aren't loving Jevon something is really, really wrong with you. He's so fun.

Reminds me of the good pressey (sp?) kid!

Offline UCHADBRO

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2013, 06:27:08 PM »
Can this become the official Kougz was wrong thread?

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2013, 06:34:19 PM »

Reminds me of the good pressey (sp?) kid!

He's awesome. AND adorable. And now I can't look at him without seeing his little face peeping out of an egg.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »

Nice to have a pg who isn't out of shape.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »
Guys, stop

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2013, 08:04:05 PM »
Jevon and Shane overshadowed Foster a bit, but he was a lot more efficient in his scoring today.  I think part of that was how well Shane and Jevon set him up for looks inside and out. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
he's like a really good blake young mixed with a really good martavious irving. 

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2013, 10:16:11 PM »
George Washington Head Coach Mike Lonergan

On GW’s issue’s during K-State’s 20-0 run…
“In all honesty, I think it was their point guard just dominating us. We could not get into an offense. He got up into our point guard and we really struggled with the ball. We could not get into any of our sets. We ended up not getting good shots and those led to easy shots for K-State, so I thought the kid, Jevon [Thomas], dominated that game, despite not making a field goal, with his defensive ball pressure.”

On the team’s offensive struggles…
“I thought we actually got good looks from three. Mikic was ice cold and so was Maurice Creek. I thought in the second half we would make a run, but we never did. We just could not hit an open three. I just think it was that they took Joe [McDonald] out of the game. He is a terrific point guard for us, not the quickest guy in the world, but he was really struggling handling the ball. He had one assist and eight turnovers and I think is assist to turnover ratio is almost four to one. It just was not his night and we do not have another point guard.

On Jevon Thomas…
“Well I figured he had to be pretty good because in his first eligible he played 19 minutes. It just seems like, reading articles and everything, that he is a point guard for the future. What seems like is missing for them – and Will Spradling does a great job and his assist to turnover ratio is awesome, but he is not a true point guard – so that seems like he might be the guy they are missing. I did not know though because we could not really get film on him, that he was that good defensively. He really manhandled us up top. Like I said, we could not even get into our offensive sets. We are not a great one-on-one team so we have to rely on our half court offense, but I have to give him a lot of credit because he was terrific. He did not have a great game offensively, but six assists and no turnovers along with his defensive pressure that does not show up on the stat sheet changed the complexion of the game completely.”

On K-State’s defense…
“I think they guard the three real well and they are smart. They are not the most athletic team that we will play, but Spradling is a really smart player. He will pressure you and he is great at taking charges. Their help side defense is good. Even Gipson we thought got to the basket and laid out for charges and changed our shots. Isaiah [Armwood] was 1-of-7 and part of that is the help defense with what Gipson provided for Kansas State. It is a good culture here. They have a very good defensive coach, and that is why I told our guys that this is not the same team that beat us last year. They are totally different players but they are still going to rebound. Last year we gave up 24 offensive rebounds and today we only gave up 12 today. Still, that physical play really hurt us. That is what their coach does and if [Thomas] is good as they think he is, because they are playing him over Nigel Johnson, then that will be a key for their season. That defense is pretty good. Joe [McDonald] has played some pretty good teams and nobody has taken the ball from him like that.”

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2013, 10:45:57 PM »
i like lonergan

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 31, 2013, 10:51:18 PM »
we are making the tourney

Offline Boondock Poonhound

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2014, 05:46:44 AM »
we are making the tourney

Perhaps. If Shane stays away from Western Unions.
"He's in Shape !"

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2014, 09:49:38 AM »
I watched the game last night and I like him, but he looks pretty raw offensively.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2014, 09:54:17 AM »
I was hoping Jevon's 23 would mean less than 28 for will.  Instead it appears it means Nigel Johnson gets cut back to negligible minutes. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline tuck34

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2014, 10:04:58 AM »
George Washington Head Coach Mike Lonergan

On GW’s issue’s during K-State’s 20-0 run…
“In all honesty, I think it was their point guard just dominating us. We could not get into an offense. He got up into our point guard and we really struggled with the ball. We could not get into any of our sets. We ended up not getting good shots and those led to easy shots for K-State, so I thought the kid, Jevon [Thomas], dominated that game, despite not making a field goal, with his defensive ball pressure.”

On the team’s offensive struggles…
“I thought we actually got good looks from three. Mikic was ice cold and so was Maurice Creek. I thought in the second half we would make a run, but we never did. We just could not hit an open three. I just think it was that they took Joe [McDonald] out of the game. He is a terrific point guard for us, not the quickest guy in the world, but he was really struggling handling the ball. He had one assist and eight turnovers and I think is assist to turnover ratio is almost four to one. It just was not his night and we do not have another point guard.

On Jevon Thomas…
“Well I figured he had to be pretty good because in his first eligible he played 19 minutes. It just seems like, reading articles and everything, that he is a point guard for the future. What seems like is missing for them – and Will Spradling does a great job and his assist to turnover ratio is awesome, but he is not a true point guard – so that seems like he might be the guy they are missing. I did not know though because we could not really get film on him, that he was that good defensively. He really manhandled us up top. Like I said, we could not even get into our offensive sets. We are not a great one-on-one team so we have to rely on our half court offense, but I have to give him a lot of credit because he was terrific. He did not have a great game offensively, but six assists and no turnovers along with his defensive pressure that does not show up on the stat sheet changed the complexion of the game completely.”

On K-State’s defense…
“I think they guard the three real well and they are smart. They are not the most athletic team that we will play, but Spradling is a really smart player. He will pressure you and he is great at taking charges. Their help side defense is good. Even Gipson we thought got to the basket and laid out for charges and changed our shots. Isaiah [Armwood] was 1-of-7 and part of that is the help defense with what Gipson provided for Kansas State. It is a good culture here. They have a very good defensive coach, and that is why I told our guys that this is not the same team that beat us last year. They are totally different players but they are still going to rebound. Last year we gave up 24 offensive rebounds and today we only gave up 12 today. Still, that physical play really hurt us. That is what their coach does and if [Thomas] is good as they think he is, because they are playing him over Nigel Johnson, then that will be a key for their season. That defense is pretty good. Joe [McDonald] has played some pretty good teams and nobody has taken the ball from him like that.”

wow, that's quite a commentary on thomas!

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2014, 11:06:41 AM »
Does every coach know the opposing players names, down to a guy playing his second game and the back up point guard? Usually they just call then by their numbers.

Those were fun quotes. That was very nice of their coach to say

Offline kostakio

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2014, 11:14:10 AM »
Does every coach know the opposing players names, down to a guy playing his second game and the back up point guard? Usually they just call then by their numbers.

Those were fun quotes. That was very nice of their coach to say

Nigel was committed to GW before he flipped to KSU.

Offline SwiftCat

• #LIFE
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Depth Charge
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
Thanks kostakio. That makes a lot of sense

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2014, 12:27:31 PM »
I was hoping Jevon's 23 would mean less than 28 for will.  Instead it appears it means Nigel Johnson gets cut back to negligible minutes.

Yeah wasn't happy about that. Pretty sure freshman Nigel can manage senior Will's 1-6 lead the team in fouls stat line.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2014, 12:47:39 PM »
Jevon-Foster-Westicles-Shane-Gip with the second string being Nigel-Spradling-Omari-Nino-DJamer. This would be just amazing.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2014, 12:53:17 PM »
Jevon-Foster-Westicles-Shane-Gip with the second string being Nigel-Spradling-Omari-Nino-DJamer. This would be just amazing.

Exactly.