Author Topic: Jevon Thomas  (Read 48183 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Jevon Thomas
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2014, 12:59:35 PM »
I like that line-up.

Will has the highest kenpom Offensive rating on the team tho...

:surprised:

:eye:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 01, 2014, 01:00:22 PM »
I like that line-up.

:don'tcare:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 01, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »
I like that line-up.

Shut up _FAN, you don't know anything.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
I like that line-up.

That's crazy. He's shooting 33% from the field, 32% from 3, and 68% FTs, all career lows. Guess kenpom forgot to figure in the pvegs hatred factor.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 01, 2014, 01:13:40 PM »
In Big 12 play I expect to see MPG something like this (math probably doesn't add up):

Southwell 30-35.
Foster 30-35.
Thomas 25-30.
Will 25-30.
Gip 25-30.
Westicles 20-25.
Nigel 10-15.
DJamer 10-15.
Omari 5-10.
Nino 5-10.

FWIW, Will probably benefits in the kp ORting because he rarely turns the ball over.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 01, 2014, 01:37:13 PM »
We've heard announcers all season repeat what they had to be hearing from coaches that Will would be much better off when he was able to move to the 2 guard. Didn't see much improvement yesterday, although he did hit a 3 after a nice assist from Jevon. Fact is, he many times won't take open shots and misses them when he does. He's a facilitator, mostly, and with Jevon and Shane on the floor, kind of redundant.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 01, 2014, 01:42:04 PM »
What will brings this year:

1) Never turns the ball over, offensive facilitator, not a creator; get the ball to the creators in spots to create.
2) Clear understanding of oscar's defense; despite being the most unathletic guy who plays, he's got solid steal numbers.
3) Decent shooting. His 32% is still 2nd on the team. I'd guess he'll finish 33-34% for the year and 2nd/3rd on the team.

Thus he'll play 25-30 MPG most likely. He'll likely go on a run of making 3s at some point this year.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 01, 2014, 02:23:21 PM »
As long as zero of those minutes are at point, I can live with that.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 01, 2014, 02:30:05 PM »

Absolutely, he shouldn't play one more possession at PG all year. But even at the beginning of yesterday's game, Shane essentially played the point until Jevon came in.

Right now my question is when does oscar start Jevon? I would expect that soon we'll see Jevon-Will-Marcus-Shane-Gip with Westicles being the first perimeter and DJamer being the first post off the bench.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 01, 2014, 02:30:12 PM »
Jevon-Foster-Westicles-Shane-Gip with the second string being Nigel-Spradling-Omari-Nino-DJamer. This would be just amazing.
For this year, yeah.  Next, I want Jevon-Foster-Edwards/Westicles-Gip-Hurt.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2014, 02:32:48 PM »
In Big 12 play I expect to see MPG something like this (math probably doesn't add up):

Southwell 30-35.
Foster 30-35.
Thomas 25-30.
Will 25-30.
Gip 25-30.
Westicles 20-25.
Nigel 10-15.
DJamer 10-15.
Omari 5-10.
Nino 5-10.

FWIW, Will probably benefits in the kp ORting because he rarely turns the ball over.
Why does anyone on the coaching staff think Will is even remotely valuable?  He doesn't turn the ball over, but he now is horrible at everything else.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2014, 02:33:41 PM »
Jevon-Foster-Westicles-Shane-Gip with the second string being Nigel-Spradling-Omari-Nino-DJamer. This would be just amazing.

With Nigel-Harris-Westicles-Nino-DJamer/Bolden as back-ups.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 01, 2014, 02:34:20 PM »
Why does anyone on the coaching staff think Will is even remotely valuable?  He doesn't turn the ball over, but he now is horrible at everything else.

He does lead the team in steals with solid per 100 numbers. 2nd best 3PT shooter. :dunno:

It will be interesting to see if oscar continues to play 1 true big next year, I expect that he will. Likely Jevon-Edwards-Foster-Westicles-Gip.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 01, 2014, 02:36:08 PM »
It will be interesting to see if oscar continues to play 1 true big next year, I expect that he will. Likely Jevon-Edwards-Foster-Westicles-Gip.

Good point.

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2014, 02:37:37 PM »
Looks like Spradling has had sex with lots of goemawers' girlfriends.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »

He does lead the team in steals with solid per 100 numbers. 2nd best 3PT shooter. :dunno:

I guess the stats might back him up, but doesn't film show that he's clearly the most worthless guy on the team?  Maybe I'm wrong.  I would be  :horrorsurprise: if I was tho. 

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 01, 2014, 02:40:57 PM »

Good point.
Hurt has good perimeter and inside game, from what I've seen and heard.  DJamer doesn't really and Southwell is undersized.  Gip would prob be less outmatched by bigger guys in conf play at PF too.  Will be interesting like _FAN said.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 01, 2014, 02:41:22 PM »

Good point.

Wes needs to put on some lbs this summer to play the stretch 4. Shane can do it because he has decent size and strength.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 01, 2014, 02:42:20 PM »

Good point.
Hurt has good perimeter and inside game, from what I've seen and heard.  DJamer doesn't really and Southwell is undersized.  Gip would prob be less outmatched by bigger guys in conf play at PF too.  Will be interesting like _FAN said.

Shane is a senior.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #119 on: January 01, 2014, 02:44:23 PM »

Absolutely, he shouldn't play one more possession at PG all year. But even at the beginning of yesterday's game, Shane essentially played the point until Jevon came in.

Right now my question is when does oscar start Jevon? I would expect that soon we'll see Jevon-Will-Marcus-Shane-Gip with Westicles being the first perimeter and DJamer being the first post off the bench.

I would prefer Saturday, but my gut says oscar waits until after the @KU game.

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: January 01, 2014, 02:45:39 PM »

Good point.

Shane is a senior.
Ik, I meant that we would have more size and power by moving Gip to PF and would be able to match up better like that.  They may be the same height but Gip has a better inside game overall.  With oscar's offense, we might go stretch 4 again though like _FAN said. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 01, 2014, 02:46:19 PM »
 :thumbs:

Offline Jackstack99EMAW

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 01, 2014, 02:46:24 PM »

I would prefer Saturday, but my gut says oscar waits until after the @KU game.
I think everyone would prefer Saturday. 

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 01, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »
I guess the stats might back him up, but doesn't film show that he's clearly the most worthless guy on the team?  Maybe I'm wrong.  I would be  :horrorsurprise: if I was tho. 

Can the numbers be a bit deceiving? Yes. Do they outright lie? No.

He has had immense value (and played a lot) for each coach he's played for, including one that supposedly hated him. :dunno:

One of those things I guess.

Also, there are no signs that Gip is "outmatched" in conference play. He was a beast (scoring and boarding) last year against Big 12 bigs:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #124 on: January 01, 2014, 02:49:19 PM »

If that's the case, we're going to be carrying a lot of bigs: Gipson, Hurt, DJamer, Bolden

I think it's pretty much a given that Krap is going to transfer out.  If we go with Westicles at the four, Nino probably comes off of the bench for him.  Then we rotate Thomas, Foster, Edwards, Nigel, and Harris on the perimeter.

If we get Marvin Clark, I can see him getting a couple of minutes at the four as well behind Westicles/Nino.

I'd like for them to take Krap's scholarship and get the best transfer they can.  We really don't need much of anything next year that a freshman or JUCO guy can provide.  We actually have pretty decent balance.