Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655671 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, my newborn daughter hit the 3-week old mark today.  When's the appropriate time to take her to a match?  We've seen some people with tiny little kids in carriers before, but sometimes I even question if I'd do that myself.  As season ticket holders, I don't want my tickets to keep wasting away to other people. I want to PAK at the game. 

Your suggestions will make up 5% of my actual life decision.

as long as you're not in the cauldron and it isn't at 1pm in july i think you'd be fine.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Guys, my newborn daughter hit the 3-week old mark today.  When's the appropriate time to take her to a match?  We've seen some people with tiny little kids in carriers before, but sometimes I even question if I'd do that myself.  As season ticket holders, I don't want my tickets to keep wasting away to other people. I want to PAK at the game. 

Your suggestions will make up 5% of my actual life decision.

My daughter's first public appearance was at a Phoenix Coyotes vs. Boston Bruins game when she was two weeks old. Before she was two months old she went to an NHL game, two sweet 16 games, an elite 8 game, and four Red Sox games including opening day. Your girl will be beyond fine, it will be great. Don't put those stupid ass headphones on her but you should avoid the pregame fireworks, they're excessively loud.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Good win for the sporting cats last night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Carolina header in the 95th to win 3-2 vs OKC. Pretty great.

Gonna win 'em all! (using Tapatalk)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting played one of the best games I've seen them play last night

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Makes me sick for American hero Darlington Nagbe https://twitter.com/Ben_Jata/status/719363072805249024

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the wise words everyone. Mrs. Bonercat is on the fence for Wednesday, but if that doesn't happen my guess is by May we'll be "sporting" (heh) our baby at the games. 

In other news, that tackle deserved straight red all over the place.
[

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Obviously a tough tackle but the Timbers are without a doubt the whiniest, most self-important, most entitled, most unlikable franchise in American sports. They stay involved in these incidences, from Merrit Paulsen down, and always come across like this.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Which one of you guys is gonna buy me one of those sweet retro jerseys?

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Obviously a tough tackle but the Timbers are without a doubt the whiniest, most self-important, most entitled, most unlikable franchise in American sports. They stay involved in these incidences, from Merrit Paulsen down, and always come across like this.

Good point. I generally like the Timbers because I think our fanbases are quite similar.  That said, it is easy to forget how self-entitled they have been in the past. I think I'll downgrade them on my MLS likeability scale.
[

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Good point. I generally like the Timbers because I think our fanbases are quite similar.  That said, it is easy to forget how self-entitled they have been in the past. I think I'll downgrade them on my MLS likeability scale.

a couple seasons ago, Merritt Paulson threw a huge fit every week because they didn't get a penalty called in their favor all season.

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Well that was a shitty effort all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Went to my first game of the season last night :(

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
The Wiz flushed victory right down the toilet

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Nagbe is back in training. Nigel de Jong is suspended 3 games. :shy:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This whole Nagbe/de Jong thing has been a complete embarrassment and this suspension is the cherry on top of this crap sundae. The foul, the timbers putting Nagbe in a wheelchair with a sprained ankle, timbers crying, hardo US soccer fan whining about the foul, and MLS with this crap suspension that should set a precedent but won't :flush:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
De Jong's tackle got more attention because of his history of dangerous tackles. If it was a team other than Portland, they wouldn't have called it attempted murder. Perfect storm to get something blown out of proportion.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i am gonna go check out the fckc match tonight

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
De Jong's tackle got more attention because of his history of dangerous tackles. If it was a team other than Portland, they wouldn't have called it attempted murder. Perfect storm to get something blown out of proportion.

Thing is his card history isn't outrageous he's just had a couple of high profile incidences. Apparently he's only had 2 red cards his entire career and neither was a straight red.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile