Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656450 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Most MLS I've ever watched.  Sloppy, but somewhat entertaining, possibly more whining than Euro/Central-South American futbol ... Interesting and fascinating. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Dax! I would say the MLS players do whine quite a bit, and the overall physical style is similar to the English Championship division and the Scottish Premier League but with better pure athletes. It is a fun league because it is still so young and growing.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
21 points in last 10 matches.  Kick back, pop collars, and enjoy this recent stretch.

Also, Soni is a monster!  :eek:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/07/12/armchair-analyst-third-line-monster-kansas-city-and-more-week-19

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Huge to get 3 points in a game playing with 2 rookie backs and JP in the starting lineup and on Vancouver's crap field
Is this a shot at The Answer cause that's what it feels like eff face

No, I love JP... as a super sub. Him starting along with two rookies is just not the ideal SKC lineup.

I see your perspective on this, and while I don't necessarily disagree, I think Peter likes using him to set an example for the rookies that if they bust their asses they will reap benefits in his system.  Last night was a great example in that I thought that when Connor Hallisey came on for The Answer, he was aggressive, disruptive, and played will in his limited time on the turf-o-crap
[

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:( damn

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
 :frown:  :facepalm: or   :lol: ???

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
This is a rough ridin' joke.

https://twitter.com/sportscenter/status/621006353822318592

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

why?  aren't they among the best players in the MLS - and the ASG is about showcasing the best players?  makes sense to me. 

ps, I recall many on here calling the ASG a joke to begin with and not meaning jack squat to the MLS. 

Offline bonercat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile

why?  aren't they among the best players in the MLS - and the ASG is about showcasing the best players?  makes sense to me. 

ps, I recall many on here calling the ASG a joke to begin with and not meaning jack squat to the MLS.

All All-Star games are a joke, but it doesn't mean that that people who don't deserve the honor should get to be there.
[

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
It doesn't matter at all but the all star game is the friendly I'm most interested in. Not saying much cause I hate friendlies. But I like it when the best, most deserving players are called in.

Maybe a lineup like:
Frei; Beasley, Besler, Gonzalez, Powell; Finlay, Feilhaber, Bradley, Nagbe; Kamara, Giovinco :dunno:

Don't think Kaka deserves it. He has had a few mind blowing games but it seems like his goals are almost all penalties. Clint and Oba at the expense of the best player and golden boot front runner (grats mocat)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Not sure how anyone could know how good these guys are compared to their peers in the league.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

All All-Star games are a joke, but it doesn't mean that that people who don't deserve the honor should get to be there.

Neither one has played an MLS game yet...

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Like, if a good past prime player NBA went to a European league for the twilight of his career, said player would assumably be one the best players in that League, without playing a game. we know this because the NBA, like the EPL, are the best leagues in the world for their reflective sports.

That's why they don't have to play a game against MLS competition for me to know that they're already better than most guys in this League. 

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
chicharito should be rough ridin' outraged that he got snubbed

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Like, if a good past prime player NBA went to a European league for the twilight of his career, said player would assumably be one the best players in that League, without playing a game. we know this because the NBA, like the EPL, are the best leagues in the world for their reflective sports.

That's why they don't have to play a game against MLS competition for me to know that they're already better than most guys in this League.

:facepalm:

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

:facepalm:

Do you disagree?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
literally everyone in the world disagrees except you, belvis

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Belvis you are an absolute idiot

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lampard I'll give you, probably one of the best. He was still playing well in the EPL last season.

Gerrard on the other hand was dogshit. He isn't even a top 10 MLS player based on current form.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

MLS is in no way comparable to a Euro basketball  league. Unlike basketball the best talent in soccer is spread all around the world not all in one league.

If you can't get past the league comparison you are grossly overestimating the current impact of these guys. If you want to stick with the basketball comparisons these two guys are like sticking the current versions of KG and Manu in a league full of guys younger and fitter.

Offline Belvis Noland

• Katpak'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

MLS is in no way comparable to a Euro basketball  league. Unlike basketball the best talent in soccer is spread all around the world not all in one league.

If you can't get past the league comparison you are grossly overestimating the current impact of these guys. If you want to stick with the basketball comparisons these two guys are like sticking the current versions of KG and Manu in a league full of guys younger and fitter.

and yeah, I think KG and Manu would still be stars in the best non-NBA basketball leagues around the world.  even as old, slow, past-prime shells of their former selves.

MLS is great fun and it's getting better.  but, it's still a league where past-prime guys from the best leagues can come play and be amongst the best.