Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655866 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #4475 on: October 10, 2014, 09:41:37 AM »
will the royals be playing today?  i mean if they do i'll obviously beroyal'n

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #4476 on: October 10, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »
i've got the double screen setup ready for tonight. if royals get rained out, double screen is still in effect, however instead of royals + sporting, it will be seinfeld reruns + sporting

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4477 on: October 10, 2014, 10:00:55 AM »
I will be double screening

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4478 on: October 10, 2014, 10:01:59 AM »
yeah, double screening is obviously implied for everyone who isn't a giant POS

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4479 on: October 10, 2014, 10:07:46 AM »
on a side note, now that Modelo season is over, what type of beer should i get for tonight's double viewing pleasure? it may help to know that i have 6 or 7 different types of beer glasses.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4480 on: October 10, 2014, 10:08:58 AM »
i think i'll drink wine tonight and be an absolute mess

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4481 on: October 10, 2014, 10:09:58 AM »

on a side note, now that Modelo season is over, what type of beer should i get for tonight's double viewing pleasure? it may help to know that i have 6 or 7 different types of beer glasses.

KC Pils

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4482 on: October 10, 2014, 10:37:25 AM »
I'm going to be Royals'ing my face off at SP tonight. :tsc: (except royal blue and sporting blue)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4483 on: October 10, 2014, 10:50:07 AM »

KC Pils

KC Pils has the same season as Modelo. I need something darker, cozier, Octoberier

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4484 on: October 10, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »
i wonder if that super shitty chicago fire poster will show up tonight :chainsaw:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4485 on: October 10, 2014, 11:39:52 AM »
Have been talking with STM friend about new jerseys/kits/shirts this morning. We're due for a new primary in Februaryish (state line came out Feb '13). After that, a third in Aprilish (argyle came out Apr '13).

I have heard (don't remember where from - Robb maybe?) they're looking into doing checkers and a throw back of some sort (I assume rainbow). I'm thinking the primary is checkers and the third is rainbow.

Assuming the checkers are sporting blue and indigo (not gross blue and white).

or maybe

:dunno: They could work with either.

How lucky are we to have such a great ownership who does so many studly/innovative things all the time?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: October 10, 2014, 11:41:33 AM »
why are we "due"? did they say the kits would have 2 year lives?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: October 10, 2014, 11:42:16 AM »

It's pretty well understood that they will last 2 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (@scottwildcat)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: October 10, 2014, 11:42:59 AM »
Also I'm very ready to move on from the state lines. They're cool, but they're so much less cool than our other two jerseys.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: October 10, 2014, 11:44:44 AM »
i was kinda pissed when columbus just took over the "croatia of mls" role :curse:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: October 10, 2014, 11:45:33 AM »

It's pretty well understood that they will last 2 years. Someone correct me if I'm wrong (@scottwildcat)

hmm i did not know that. i may want to get that black argyle long sleeve before it's too late (best thing i have ever laid eyes on)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: October 10, 2014, 11:49:30 AM »

hmm i did not know that. i may want to get that black argyle long sleeve before it's too late (best thing i have ever laid eyes on)

I have 2011 primary replica short sleeve, authentic argyle short sleeve, authentic stripes long sleeve, and game-worn Jimmy Nielsen jersey :gocho:

Also, to back up my assumption I'd point to the 50% off primary kit deal going on today (http://shop.sportingkc.com/mens-jerseys) that I posted about earlier.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: October 10, 2014, 11:50:46 AM »
i was kinda pissed when columbus just took over the "croatia of mls" role :curse:

Meh we had those ugly amazing Cauldron flags long before their badge.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: October 10, 2014, 11:52:57 AM »
Our jerseys are on a two year cycle it is well known. The primary will be mainly sporting blue, doubt it is checkered. The new 3rd kit is going to be a black base with rainbow sash or maybe even argyle.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: October 10, 2014, 11:56:10 AM »
Our jerseys are on a two year cycle it is well known. The primary will be mainly sporting blue, doubt it is checkered. The new 3rd kit is going to be a black base with rainbow sash or maybe even argyle.

Why do you doubt it is checkered? Also why would we do argyle again? :dubious:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: October 10, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »

Doubt it will be checkered because that isn't enough sporting blue. My guess is that will be the next secondary. Also with the 3rd kit I shouldn't act like I know what will happen, just guessing, but the club identifies itself a lot with the argyle design so that's why I think they could possibly go back to the well again.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:22 PM »

Doubt it will be checkered because that isn't enough sporting blue. My guess is that will be the next secondary. Also with the 3rd kit I shouldn't act like I know what will happen, just guessing, but the club identifies itself a lot with the argyle design so that's why I think they could possibly go back to the well again.

There is no rule that says the primary has to be mostly sporting blue. We do what we want (see the secondary kit that basically doesn't differ in color from the primary color wise). It may just be a portion of checkered instead of the entire thing.

Also, we identify with argyle because that is our current third kit. We are going to keep trying new things (impression I've gotten from interviews I've heard).

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: October 10, 2014, 01:07:56 PM »
Rainbow argyle could be elite

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: October 10, 2014, 01:10:13 PM »

There is no rule that says the primary has to be mostly sporting blue. We do what we want (see the secondary kit that basically doesn't differ in color from the primary color wise). It may just be a portion of checkered instead of the entire thing.

Also, we identify with argyle because that is our current third kit. We are going to keep trying new things (impression I've gotten from interviews I've heard).

They are still trying to build the brand, they want to make sure everyone identifies that color with the club. I will bet you any amount of money you or anyone wants that the primary kit is mainly sporting blue.

Offline chuckjames

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: October 10, 2014, 01:31:17 PM »
I hope you guys get Puma as the kit sponsor, they are super elite.  :bang: