Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656329 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting KC idiot fans are way worse than K-State tucks and it isn't even close.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LFG?

guys? :frown:

LFG

excellent cross posting. just thank god this isn't an AA or NA meeting or you'd get a lot of glares.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Most goals I've ever seen at Sporting Park. What a fun night!

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Just watching the game now.  Why are goalies allowed to initiate such hard contact after players have already established position?  Around the 50th min, Dom has position, jumps in air, goalie not there yet, then goalie rams into dom, hooks his head, and pulls the side of doms head down and to the left after he doesn't even contact the ball.  Seemed extremely excessice considering he wasn't even in position until after dom jumped straight up.  what's the deal with that?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Seattle Reign v. Portland Thorns on ESPN3 right now. Seattle is the 1 seed for the playoffs. FCKC is the 2 seed. If Portland wins, they could play KC next Saturday (I'll be there :cool:)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Seattle Reign v. Portland Thorns on ESPN3 right now. Seattle is the 1 seed for the playoffs. FCKC is the 2 seed. If Portland wins, they could play KC next Saturday (I'll be there :cool:)

1-0 Portland (Morgan) 70'

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Thorns win. We will play them again. They beat us in the final last season.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Just watching the game now.  Why are goalies allowed to initiate such hard contact after players have already established position?  Around the 50th min, Dom has position, jumps in air, goalie not there yet, then goalie rams into dom, hooks his head, and pulls the side of doms head down and to the left after he doesn't even contact the ball.  Seemed extremely excessice considering he wasn't even in position until after dom jumped straight up.  what's the deal with that?

Goalies are just super protected and it has evolved to them being basically untouchable which has evolved to letting them get super physical without getting fouls called, especially when the ball is in the air.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile

Goalies are just super protected and it has evolved to them being basically untouchable which has evolved to letting them get super physical without getting fouls called, especially when the ball is in the air.

Seems like this will eventually become a problem and quickly. 

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Seems like this will eventually become a problem and quickly.

It's kinda like the QB thing in football. You have to protect them some, but it's almost out of hand and some abuse the system a little too much.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
If I was a goalie, my priorities would be 1. Stop ball, 2. Completely pound the crap out of closest scorer hard AF. 

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You can just assault someone I mean the only time you really see it happen is when an offensive player contests the goalie in the air.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Wowzers! We have a huge match coming up on the 23rd!

(#mlsapp)

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
so is Dom leaving after this year or what

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Idk maybe

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
CCL starts tomorrow for SKC. @ Real Esteli at 9pm CT.

:shakesfist: at sw for actually getting FS+.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

CCL starts tomorrow for SKC. @ Real Esteli at 9pm CT.

:shakesfist: at sw for actually getting FS+.

#onlyperkofwow

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile

Wowzers! We have a huge match coming up on the 23rd!

(#mlsapp)

Gonna win 'em all!
This is a really great itk soccer post.

Also, at the dinner table tonight, toddler dobber told us a story where "I kicked the ball really hard and I scored a goal and I got a trophy."

Lastly, dobberjr had three goals over the weekend in two friendlies. Nothing too exciting other than a shot just off frame from mid field that would have been really sweet had it gone in. He had another goal similar to one last spring where he broke the goalie down, dressed him in a clown suit, and then buried it in the back of the net.

Dobberette wants to be goalie. Not sure how this will turn out.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Missed the action until now, but emitted a big, "Suck it, you rough ridin' hosers," immediately upon turning on the game.

YES!

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
holy cow we beat the crap out of those guys.  just brutal.  that was so much fun to watch two nights later after having to hit "mark read" like a million times

The Big Train

So does that mean the season is over?  :D

So is it over!?  :D

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
I ended up watching some of the Real Estelli/Suprissa (sp?) game a week or so ago.

Meh.  Not too overly concerned.  May be a little rough since they played Saturday night and had to fly to Nicaragua, though.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Pretty sure trips to Esteli involve a several hour bus ride after the flight also.