Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655737 times)

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There were multiple hard reckless tackles and Caleb has something to do with that. I don't necessarily blame him. It's not his fault the entire MLS treats this thing like a Super Bowl. It's embarrassing.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
There were multiple hard reckless tackles and Caleb has something to do with that. I don't necessarily blame him. It's not his fault the entire MLS treats this thing like a Super Bowl. It's embarrassing.

Get the eff outta here, rough ridin' absurd.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Bayern played really hard and lost. Alonso had the only tackle Pep has any right to be mad about. Will Johnson's was reckless but unavoidable.

Crew's owner - " Really wanted Mix in Columbus. We gave it everything, so as disappointed as we are, we didn't leave anything on the table. #Crew96"

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Our goals were incredibly elite. I love it any time Neuer gets scored on.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
Bayern played really hard and lost. Alonso had the only tackle Pep has any right to be mad about. Will Johnson's was reckless but unavoidable.

Crew's owner - " Really wanted Mix in Columbus. We gave it everything, so as disappointed as we are, we didn't leave anything on the table. #Crew96"

Pep is pissed because they actually tried to play (at least in terms of an exhibition anyway) and lost. To be honest, the score could have been worse due to Henry's studness.

I agree with what's been said. Pep did a bitch thing and Porter shouldn't have acted like someone kicked his dog. Have some pride for Christ's sakes. Is he that starved for validation?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Doug McIntyre ?@DougMacESPN  5s
Hearing the new player the LA Galaxy will announce today is NOT Sacha Kljestan, and that it’s a much bigger name. Hmm...

Surely not Jones right?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Sporting Kansas City's CCL journey begins on Aug. 19 with a trip to Esteli in a nationally televised match on FOX Soccer Plus. One year ago today, Sporting KC earned a 2-0 victory inside Estadio Independencia with goals from Ike Opara and Dom Dwyer en route to finishing atop the group standings (2-0-2) during the 2013-14 edition.

Hmm.  I don't think I get FS+.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Yeah, a lot of people don't.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i definitely always have to warm up firstrowsports during early CCL

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hearing the new player the LA Galaxy will announce today is NOT Sacha Kljestan, and that it’s a much bigger name. Hmm...

Surely not Jones right?

Galaxy already have three DP.  How would they make this work?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Also, to support my non-US big name at 32 year old theory, David Villa is 32.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Surely not Jones right?

Galaxy already have three DP.  How would they make this work?

Same way they were going to make the Kljestan deal work. Pro-rated DP money for the rest of this season with a max non-DP salary and covering the rest with allocation money. Probably won't be much more than $1m, but it's LA, and he loves LA.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Sporting Kansas City's CCL journey begins on Aug. 19 with a trip to Esteli in a nationally televised match on FOX Soccer Plus. One year ago today, Sporting KC earned a 2-0 victory inside Estadio Independencia with goals from Ike Opara and Dom Dwyer en route to finishing atop the group standings (2-0-2) during the 2013-14 edition.

419 on TWC KC
TWC KC's soccer line up is rough ridin' bold and spicy

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
You don't have to pay extra on TWC?

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

419 on TWC KC
TWC KC's soccer line up is rough ridin' bold and spicy

I thought that I may get the SD version b/c the HD version is a part of the sports package that I don't pay for.

I'll have to find a way to stream it, I guess. 

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
ya it's $7/month.  you can add it and cut it at any time and your charge is prorated.
that sports package pays for itself though during cfb/cbb season.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Taylor Twellman @TaylorTwellman
Big announcement doesn't mean new player for @LAGalaxy. Looks like  @landondonovan retiring at end of 2014 @MLS season. #BreakingNews

:surprised:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
From his Facebook.

After careful deliberation and after many conversations with those closest to me, I have decided that this will be my last season as a professional soccer player.

I don't write these words lightly and this day carries mixed emotions for me. I am sad to leave a profession that has brought me so much joy. I will miss all of the teammates who helped me create so many incredible memories on-the-field, and who I have shared many wonderful experiences with off-the-field. I will miss my coaches, at both the club and national team levels, who have helped me develop throughout my career and helped make me the player I am today. However, after spending half my life as a professional soccer player, I also am excited to begin a new chapter and pursue other opportunities that will challenge me and allow me to grow as a person.

There are so many people I want to thank who have inspired me, guided me and helped me on this incredible journey. I simply could not have accomplished what I did during my playing career without an overwhelming amount of support from my family, my friends and many others. I plan to express my gratitude to everyone in a more detailed manner at a later date; however, for now, I want to single out the fans. You are the lifeblood of this sport and, without you, none of us would be fortunate to call ourselves professional soccer players in MLS.

I feel incredibly blessed and lucky to have played a role in the remarkable growth of MLS and US Soccer during my playing career. And while my career as a player will soon be over, rest assured I will stay connected on many levels to the beautiful game.

As we enter a transformative time for the sport, I will do everything I can to help the continued growth of soccer in the United States. I look forward to making a difference, pursuing my passions and meeting all of you along the way in this next phase of my life.

With gratitude,
Landon

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Oh my God. *Randy Marsh voice

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
So LD out, JJ in?

Can you guys imagine the ovation he would have gotten in Portland last night had he announced it yesterday?

Looking forward to LAG-SKC in December.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
V v v v v surprised at this news

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

LA is going to play so hard for Landon  :ohno:

Offline Panjandrum

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
V v v v v surprised at this news

Just one v for me.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Hell of a Western Conference Finals on our hands.