Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656378 times)

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Railhawks play Chivas USA on the 14th...would definitely be going if I were in town, but have a beach weekend planned.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Railhawks play Chivas USA on the 14th...would definitely be going if I were in town, but have a beach weekend planned.

#dobber4chivas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
:nono: Carolina Railhawks are studs!

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
:nono: Carolina Railhawks are studs!

Gonna win 'em all!

:thumbs:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
I really want to catch an Austin Aztex game but they play in my least favorite stadium on the planet (House Park). I really hope there's a chance they'll get bumped up to USL Pro or even NASL someday soon.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I really want to catch an Austin Aztex game but they play in my least favorite stadium on the planet (House Park). I really hope there's a chance they'll get bumped up to USL Pro or even NASL someday soon.

What are they? USL PDL?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

What are they? USL PDL?

yes

They won the league last year and the playoffs had like 7-8K fans show up (which vastly eclipses the rest of the PDL...average was something like 1800 a game I believe) for a semi-pro team so I'd like to think that the city would support a winning pro franchise.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

What are they? USL PDL?

yes

They won the league last year and the playoffs had like 7-8K fans show up (which vastly eclipses the rest of the PDL...average was something like 1800 a game I believe) for a semi-pro team so I'd like to think that the city would support a winning pro franchise.

I've heard good things about Austin. They'll definitely get a USL PRO or NASL team.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
the lower divisions of soccer in America are just as important as the MLS for us as a soccer nation. Properly placed USL and NASL franchises can def shoot for competitive games and attendance numbers that flirt with 10k game in and game out.

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
Railhawks have a pretty awesome atmosphere game in and game out.

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline slobber

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Gonna win 'em all!
    • View Profile
(I've only been to 4-5 matches, so small sample size 

Gonna win 'em all!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
David Villa to play for Manchester City-owned Melbourne City (previously Melbourne   Heart) for ten games.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

David Villa to play for Manchester City-owned Melbourne City (previously Melbourne   Heart) for ten games.

Bad news for my hopes and dreams Lampard gets loaned back to Chelsea for a few months.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I don't think this was posted so here:

Quote from: Uri
Dear SKC Family,

As you may know, I have been given a wonderful opportunity to play soccer in Lisbon, Portugal with Sporting Clube de Portugal. Although I am no longer a Sporting Kansas City player, I didn’t want to leave without saying goodbye and giving you my sincere thanks for all the support you’ve given me during these past two years.

After coming here from my little hometown of Puig-Reig, Catalonia, to Kansas City, I could have never imagined all the experiences I would have both as a player and as a human being. In Kansas City, I was given the chance to grow and learn from Major League Soccer. The drive and the never-give-up mentality of the American people impressed me.

I would love to thank all the SKC coaches and staff for promoting this mindset and for all the support and confidence they gave me from day one. You’ve shown me the path to follow, so I can continue to grow as a soccer player.

Thanks to my teammates for all the great moments we’ve shared together. For me, you were not only SKC teammates, but also friends. I’ve learned so much because of you.

Thank you to the great SKC ownership group for giving me the opportunity to come to Kansas City.

Certainly, I can’t forget the amazing SKC fans. You all have been the 12th player to help us win two cups - the Lamar Hunt 2012 U.S. Open Cup and the 2013 MLS. Cup. I’ve enjoyed meeting you and giving everything I had in every game. And for those reasons, I’ll always be thankful for all your support.

Life sometimes presents us with difficult decisions. Given the opportunity proposed by the great Sporting Clube de Portugal to play in Europe where I am close to my family, and playing in the prestigious Portuguese league and UEFA Champions League, I couldn’t pass it up. I'm really excited to start this new adventure.

Thank you to all the friends who I’ve met and influenced my life during my stay in this great country. I wish you well.

Oriol “Uri” Rosell

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://soundersnation.com/2014/03/12/soccer-specific-stadium-seattle/

This was posted in the national team thread I thought I would bring it over here. Seattle not just sacking up and building their own huge SSS is why they will never be seen as the premiere MLS franchise. Yes they have the best attendance in the league, yes for big matches they have one of the best atmospheres but to be playing on turf and in an NFL stadium that has had football lines in the past will always, in my book prevent them from being a top 5 franchise in the MLS. If I were a Seattle fan I would be a delusional prick who thinks my team invented North American soccer, but if I were in the MLS leadership I would be extremely pissed at this thought process and settling to continue to be an NFL franchise's little brother instead of striving to be the new ceiling in North American soccer.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Over here, Belvis Noland! :D

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This was posted in the national team thread I thought I would bring it over here. Seattle not just sacking up and building their own huge SSS is why they will never be seen as the premiere MLS franchise. Yes they have the best attendance in the league, yes for big matches they have one of the best atmospheres but to be playing on turf and in an NFL stadium that has had football lines in the past will always, in my book prevent them from being a top 5 franchise in the MLS. If I were a Seattle fan I would be a delusional prick who thinks my team invented North American soccer, but if I were in the MLS leadership I would be extremely pissed at this thought process and settling to continue to be an NFL franchise's little brother instead of striving to be the new ceiling in North American soccer.

Century Link is a great stadium though and as the article states, they get it rent free. All they have to do is figure out a way to have their own turf, I don't feel like it should be that hard. University of Phoenix Stadium has natural grass in a dome in the desert. They have their field on massive rollers and they roll it out into the parking lot when not in use allowing it to get sun and water. If they can do this in the desert I'm dumbfounded that they can't find a way to do something similar in Seattle, just switch the fields for whomever is playing at the time. I would think that they would have some sense of urgency so that they can start hosting WCQs and eventually as a World Cup site.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Century Link is a great stadium though and as the article states, they get it rent free. All they have to do is figure out a way to have their own turf, I don't feel like it should be that hard. University of Phoenix Stadium has natural grass in a dome in the desert. They have their field on massive rollers and they roll it out into the parking lot when not in use allowing it to get sun and water. If they can do this in the desert I'm dumbfounded that they can't find a way to do something similar in Seattle, just switch the fields for whomever is playing at the time. I would think that they would have some sense of urgency so that they can start hosting WCQs and eventually as a World Cup site.

Century Link is a very good stadium, and it converts to MLS games better than most, and yes rent free is great, but they could literally be the crown jewel of the MLS if they were to build a 45-50k SSS. I understand everything working against it, and I realize that DC, New England, NYCFC, Vancouver, LA2 and maybe even Columbus should be higher priorities in getting their own SSS, but none of those franchises could instantly become what every other MLS club can strive to be.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Quote from: @RichOBJ
So this interesting photo popped up at Orange Co. State of Union. Our new @OrlandoCitySC stadium, said Mayor Jacobs.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
pretty square looking for a city whose name starts with such a round letter

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
OCSC is so jealous of our stadium. :love:

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
Guys! :excited:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Game tonight against the Housconsin Dynabadgers  :curse:  how angry are you?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

GRRRR :angry:

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

GRRRR :angry:

Good! Me too >:(