Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657202 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Love having 42 in this thread, please stay!!!

Yes, I need people to talk about other teams with!  :excited:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

THAT FIST PUMP AFTER "CAMPEONES" :love:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rUOYmccuYi2QbKABCq-8wf3KABxhehkdPsBJ6IPQfP8/viewform

Vote for one of these three to be made by the Cauldron:

I voted for "Remember Your Roots." :peek:

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Can't go wrong with 1 or 3

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
I really like the first one for some reason.

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Yes 1 is my fav. Would probably like 3 better if I had followed the team as the Wizards. 2 is just meh

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Thoughts on confirmed studs Mauro Diaz and Fabian Castillo? Also, what do you think of the Texeira kid? Any way to get him and Blas on the field at the same time? :dunno:

I feel like Raul Fernandez will win the GK job back from Seitz once he's healthy, right?

Who do you prefer at RB? Loyd or Acosta?

Dallas is maybe the best team in the league, and George John is still returning from injury. Definitely one of the most fun teams to watch this season. SKC-Dallas MLS Cup? :surprised:

Diaz and Castillo - yes, confirmed studs. Castillo's already tied his goal tally from last season and appears to be working really well up front. Really good set pieces thus far as well. However, scoring 11 vs. 11 has been kinda tough for FCD which is why Pareja seems to be fiddling with the attack and the midfield areas of the lineup so much. They've done a great job of exploiting situations where the other team's down a man, but the shots and shot selection when an opponent has been at full strength hasn't been as good. That'll need to change if FCD wants to be a true contender.

I thought it was curious that Teixiera got the start over Perez vs. Houston but he seemed to cause some major havoc up front and could be a good fresh set of legs for attacking and complementing the midfielders. It'd be pretty hard to get them both on the field at the same time as you'd have to switch from a 4-2-3-1 to a 3-2-3-2 or a 4-4-2 which I don't think is something that Pareja is prepared to do. If Blas was injured last game I'd like to see him start and have Teixiera come off the bench consistently but if Teixiera beat him out in practice then I trust Pareja's judgment.

The consensus among the fans is that Fernandez will get his spot back in goal once he returns, which is probably deserved, but Seitz has certainly helped his stock the past few games.

Good question re: Acosta vs. Loyd. Loyd seems to have given Watson some freedom to roam on the right side of the pitch but Acosta's been pretty consistent. It's a good problem to have at this point, but I'd probably go with Loyd until he puts in a stinker.

Would :love: an FCS-SKC MLS cup. If everyone can stay healthy then this team seems to be good enough to contend for the West, but it's early.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 01:57:09 PM by 42 »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1rUOYmccuYi2QbKABCq-8wf3KABxhehkdPsBJ6IPQfP8/viewform

Vote for one of these three to be made by the Cauldron:

I voted for "Remember Your Roots." :peek:

Like all 3 voted for number 1 what is the vote for? Just which one they'll sell?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Like all 3 voted for number 1 what is the vote for? Just which one they'll sell?

Tbh, I have no idea. I think it's which one they'll sell. That's what I assumed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Good stuff, 42. On Texeira, I think his start was the combination of two things, resting Perez because he's old, and Pareja loves him some youth talent. (See 2013 Rapids - Powers, Klute, Irwin, Brown, etc...). I think Perez will get the majority of starts, but, in order to keep him fresh, Texeira will get one here and there. In the next couple years, we'll probably see Texeira take the spot. Same thing with Acosta and Loyd - may be sooner there. I have heard good things about Acosta's ability in defensive midfield. Haven't watched him there.

Also, Mauro Diaz has been driving the bus for my fantasy team this season. Got him in my original squad, and his value has gone up 0.8. :gocho:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Hate them all but 1 is the best. What the hell is happening with the back of #2?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Hate them all but 1 is the best. What the hell is happening with the back of #2?

Sound waves

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
front of 1 with back of 2
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
You guys don't like 3? GTFOOMF.

:love:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
You guys don't like 3? GTFOOMF.

:love:

The Wizards craze is kind of disingenuous, because most wearing Wizards the stuff and chanting the chants about the Wizards didn't give a damn about the Wizards. I'm not saying that you can't be a Sporting fan if you weren't a Wizards fan I'm just saying most of that time was forgettable and most didn't even care to know.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why isn't there a scarf with just a giant rainbow on the back?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Why isn't there a scarf with just a giant rainbow on the back?

Shirt and it says old school

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Alexi makes me laugh

“@AlexiLalas: Heading to Atlanta where I will decide if I shall allow the city to have an @MLS team.”

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
FINAL DAY to register for K-State Family Fun Night at Sporting Park before the $10 increase.
Join Coach Snyder, current players, Willie The Wildcat, Cheerleaders and A.D. Staff on April 30th.
Be Purple!

KCCatbackers.com

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
FINAL DAY to register for K-State Family Fun Night at Sporting Park before the $10 increase.
Join Coach Snyder, current players, Willie The Wildcat, Cheerleaders and A.D. Staff on April 30th.
Be Purple!

KCCatbackers.com

AD staff?? :excited:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
We all already knew this, but NYCFC will play their first 3 seasons at Yankee Stadium.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

We all already knew this, but NYCFC will play their first 3 seasons at Yankee Stadium.

Move the Revs to Fenway NOW

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#Revs2Fenway

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#Revs2Fenway

Shut your whore mouth, we would never sully Fenway Park with the rough ridin' New England Revolution.

I was at the LFC/Roma match two years ago, it was very cool but the field is no where close to big enough, two of the corners were for all intents and purposes cut off and I'm pretty sure it was only like 68ft wide, could be wrong on that last point though I just remember something like that being discussed.

I'm sure you know this but LFC is owned by the same ownership group as the Red Sox and Fenway (Roma is also owned by a Bostonian) and the Revs are owned by the Crafts who also own Gillette Stadium and all of the bars, restaurants, and shops around it. Even if the Red Sox would allow another tenant during baseball season, no way in hell they ever would, the rent would be astronomical and while it would be better for the club, city, and league; it would be awful for the Krafts. The Revs have a better shot at playing their home games on my property than they do at Fenway.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I was kidding MIR.