Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657316 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
To me, this means one of three things:

1. Olum moves back to CB and we buy a backup for Uri.
2. EPB steps up.
3. We buy a center back.

1 free roster spot. I think it means we see EPB, but that may be wishful thinking.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
To me, this means one of three things:

1. Olum moves back to CB and we buy a backup for Uri.
2. EPB steps up.
3. We buy a center back.

1 free roster spot. I think it means we see EPB, but that may be wishful thinking.

give me EPB or give me Lampard.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
It will probably be Olum for awhile until EPB adjusts. Hopefully that happens soon.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Salaries released by players union

http://t.co/bcyrUDbn3l

That link might work. It might not. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
i'm going to be making more than any young kid on SKC.... :horrorsurprise:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Not Toni or Uri

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I guess you mean younger than them though.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Did I tell you guys I saw Dom in Westport the day of the RSL game? He was on his way to the stadium in a nice ass car. Looked like a total douchebag. :love:

I was there for middle of the map, then headed to the game. I think Dom was late too. :surprised:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
man those salaries look SOOOO much better than they seemed just like 5 years ago.  pretty substantially.  are my eyes correct? (mocat?)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

more than the young kids on SKC who came up through the Draft into MLS or homegrown*

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

more than the young kids on SKC who came up through the Draft into MLS or homegrown*

:thumbs:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

there isn't like a half way through the season ticket package in the MS is there? :kstategrad:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

there isn't like a half way through the season ticket package in the MS is there? :kstategrad:

There are probably some packages available. If you have a ticket rep, I'd email him.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
honest abe alert: who the hell is Toni Dovale?

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
is this the official thread for fcdallascats yes i think so welcome everyone let's go fire that cannon in celebration

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
honest abe alert: who the hell is Toni Dovale?

He's the young Spanish left winger we signed recently. Got on for like ten minutes against RSL. Looked good, but he's small.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
is this the official thread for fcdallascats yes i think so welcome everyone let's go fire that cannon in celebration

Idk, read the thread title.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Opara out for the season. Ankle surgery. :(

That was ugly when that happened, iirc.  He basically kicked to clear the ball out of the box and hit a d00d's bottom of foot with full force.  I thought it was going to be a knee or shin bone though.

Was drunk and it almost sobered me up.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
Man, Sinovic and Beas seem significantly under paid.   :dunno:  I mean, sinovic barely makes more than what was the back up goalie.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Man, Sinovic and Beas seem significantly under paid.   :dunno:  I mean, sinovic barely makes more than what was the back up goalie.

Kronberg got a huge raise for this season. Besler and Zusi are probably making more than what is released due to the retention funds crap that no one understands.

Also, I don't think Seth is under-paid. Full backs just aren't that valuable. That's why LA let Sean Franklin go and Chance was considering leaving KC. No one wants to pay 200k for a full back.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 01:39:10 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Colorado shoots off a cannon too...get a little more original. Tia

But you are more than welcome! Post as much as you please! FP, TC, etc. was the only nonSKC person to do any real time in here.

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
the bar is low, 42.  your move

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile

Colorado shoots off a cannon too...get a little more original. Tia

The cannon is a rivalry trophy for beating Houston. As in like the cannon that started the Texan revolution to secede from Mexico so I'd say that's pretty original and steeped in history. And FCD beat the Dynamo 4-1 in Houston so let's celebrate good Obama come on.

the bar is low, 42.  your move

Blas Perez = Stud. Love the hiring of Oscar Pareja thus far, the organization needed a shot in the arm after it kinda went moribund under Schellas Hyndman. Je-Vaughan Watson appears to have been a very good trade. Chris Seitz is also becoming a stud in goal and hopefully stays consistent.  Kinda hope the Hunts don't run the organization into the ground and stuff. FCD's marketing is very FCDALLASe0 but oh well I don't root for Houston teams. Their games are broadcast more often now on local tv so that's pretty great. Playing against Seattle and stud Dempsey at home on Saturday is going to be so much fun :excited:

Sidenote: Really wish Austin had a pro team, even NASL or something. Some people want to bring an MLS team to Austin and the local paper trolled the crap out of them on April 1 :Take the Bait:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2014-03-28/all-aboard-the-soccer-train/

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Blas Perez = Stud. Love the hiring of Oscar Pareja thus far, the organization needed a shot in the arm after it kinda went moribund under Schellas Hyndman. Je-Vaughan Watson appears to have been a very good trade. Chris Seitz is also becoming a stud in goal and hopefully stays consistent.  Kinda hope the Hunts don't run the organization into the ground and stuff. FCD's marketing is very FCDALLASe0 but oh well I don't root for Houston teams. Their games are broadcast more often now on local tv so that's pretty great. Playing against Seattle and stud Dempsey at home on Saturday is going to be so much fun :excited:

Sidenote: Really wish Austin had a pro team, even NASL or something. Some people want to bring an MLS team to Austin and the local paper trolled the crap out of them on April 1 :Take the Bait:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2014-03-28/all-aboard-the-soccer-train/

Thoughts on confirmed studs Mauro Diaz and Fabian Castillo? Also, what do you think of the Texeira kid? Any way to get him and Blas on the field at the same time? :dunno:

I feel like Raul Fernandez will win the GK job back from Seitz once he's healthy, right?

Who do you prefer at RB? Loyd or Acosta?

Dallas is maybe the best team in the league, and George John is still returning from injury. Definitely one of the most fun teams to watch this season. SKC-Dallas MLS Cup? :surprised:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Love having 42 in this thread, please stay!!!