Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657578 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
yes tell us which scarf you got!!!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Dammit. I'm horrible at posting pics from my phone. Itweeted it out on saturday. Maybe one of you guys can figure it out for me.

Dark blue stripe: White stripe: sporting blue stripe: etc. With the sporting logo at the bottom.  :love:
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 12:54:42 PM by WackySquawk08 »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Dammit. I'm horrible at posting pics from my phone. Itweeted it out on saturday. Maybe one of you guys can figure it out for me.

Dark blue stripe: White stripe: Carolina blue stripe: etc. With the sporting logo at the bottom.  :love:

It's Sporting Blue to you, bad person. :curse:

JK!

EDIT: Here

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Thanks bud! I liked it at Kansas sampler, but got extremely jealous of the other ones when I got there. Especially the championship one that was only $30 (same price as that one).  :curse:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
interesting pick, fanman. Pretty tame but it works for you i'm sure!

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:thumbs: Definitely! I'll probably get a couple this year. Kansas sampler didn't have a lot of choices down on the plaza.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
:thumbs: Definitely! I'll probably get a couple this year. Kansas sampler didn't have a lot of choices down on the plaza.

Sporting Styles in the stadium have some real good ones.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Cauldron website too.

Here's my collection:

:love:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Sporting Styles in the stadium have some real good ones.
I noticed that. I really liked them.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sam McDowell ?@SamMcDowell11  1h
Vermes says he is working on potential deals with two defenders and one midfielder before the transfer window closes May 12. #SportingKC

Sam McDowell ?@SamMcDowell11  1h
Peter Vermes says Josh Gardner was waived in order to make room for an interntional defender the team hopes to add this week. #SportingKC

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
interesting. will be fun to see who we get.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
good.  depth at defense has been suspect

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
interesting. will be fun to see who we get.

I just don't see why we need a defender. We obviously don't need center backs (Besler, Collin, Opara, Olum, EPB) and I don't think either fullback position is a need either. LB - Sinovic, Ellis, Toni. RB - Myers, Jerome, Ellis :dunno:

I guess maybe Toni isn't considered fullback depth since he's apparently supposed to exclusively be a forward here. This new guy won't oust Myers or Sinovic though.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
good.  depth at defense has been suspect

When has it been suspect except on the road against the best team in CONCACAF?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
nothing wrong with bringing in a couple good defenders and then selling someone.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
we got absolutely torched out wide.  it was completely embarrassing imo, we weren't playing barcelona

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
nothing wrong with bringing in a couple good defenders and then selling someone.

Ellis is a homegrown, so he's not going anywhere. I will be irate if we sell any defender besides Jerome, and I won't be happy about that. (Although I have heard he's rumored to be loaned to Orlando.)

we got absolutely torched out wide.  it was completely embarrassing imo, we weren't playing barcelona

Cruz Azul is incredibly good. And we only had 1 of our starting back line. Ellis, Jerome (even Gardner) are absolutely fine as 2nd and 3rd string fullbacks in MLS. If we would have had our starting back line (or at least 3 of them), they would have held their own in Mexico for sure.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I will be irate if we sell any defender besides Jerome, and I won't be happy about that. (Although I have heard he's rumored to be loaned to Orlando.)

Sell him to Orlando as a little thank you for being our affiliate the past two years.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I will be irate if we sell any defender besides Jerome, and I won't be happy about that. (Although I have heard he's rumored to be loaned to Orlando.)
Sell him to Orlando as a little thank you for being our affiliate the past two years.

I'd probably be fine with that especially with Ellis playing well.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sounds like it'll be that Brazilian right back from Fluminense. Igor Julião.

Send Jerome on loan to OCSC, and then we'll have this:

Right back: Myers, Ellis, Julião
Left back: Sinovic, Ellis, Toni, Myers

Not sure of the order there.

EDIT: I shouldn't say it sounds like it will be him. It just makes sense, and his wikipedia page says his current club is Sporting KC now (via @downthebyline) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igor_Juli%C3%A3o

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Do they have a trading deadline? Can you help a n00b get cultured? I don't want to be a bandwagon local. I want to go all in.

P.S.- Also, I wanted to hate our new goalie (cause I miss the stud w/ the hairdo that retired), but I thought our new guy looked good on Saturday.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Transfer deadline is May 12. It's complicated since transfer windows are different for different leagues. We're working on deals with 2 defenders and 1 midfielder. I think we have 2 roster spots open. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong).

Kronberg looks pretty good so far, and he's a stud on twitter, but his back up who may win the job has the best nickname of all time. (Hebrew Hammer :love:)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
yeah, no concerns on my end from the keeper spot