Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656474 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
if luca toni came we could park him in front of goal in a wheelchair and let him just knock in headers

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Official TV contract announcement:

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/03/sporting-kc-television-network-expands-reach-nine-states

It's going to be so nice to not have to hook up my laptop to my TV for every single non-nationally televised game.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

via @NMthenoise

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I really think we can win at home. The key will be to get the shut out.

To have a real shot I think we need to be up 2-nil when going down to Mexico on the return leg.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I won't feel comfortable going down to Mexico unless we win 4-0.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I agree but 2-0 I think we could park the bus and maybe grab one on the counter or a set piece. All hope will be gone if draw, or give up an away goal on Wed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

I agree but 2-0 I think we could park the bus and maybe grab one on the counter or a set piece. All hope will be gone if draw, or give up an away goal on Wed.

I have very little optimism. I've seen too many teams go down to Mexico and lose by 3 and 4 goals. But hell, it could happen. We're really good, and our great defense is going to be key.

Parking the bus won't keep a clean sheet in Mexico no matter what, but you're right. We could grab a set piece goal from Collin or something. If we keep a clean sheet at home and score on the road, we may have a chance.

Best case scenario imo: 2-0 win at home, 3-1 loss on the road. That'd put us through.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/03/sporting-kc-television-network-expands-reach-nine-states

It's going to be so nice to not have to hook up my laptop to my TV for every single non-nationally televised game.

the only this helps me is if they now consider SKC my local club so I can watch on MLS Direct Kick on Directv because I can't even get Mediacom if I wanted it, which I don't.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

the only this helps me is if they now consider SKC my local club so I can watch on MLS Direct Kick on Directv because I can't even get Mediacom if I wanted it, which I don't.

Pretty good TV deal tho if you ask me.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I love the reach, I just wish they got a FS Midwest deal.

I'm assuming you and s_c are sitting in the cauldron on Wednesday, what time do you guys plan on arriving? This is my first Cauldron experience, I assume that I pick up my ticket in the members club?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

I'm assuming you and s_c are sitting in the cauldron on Wednesday, what time do you guys plan on arriving? This is my first Cauldron experience, I assume that I pick up my ticket in the members club?

Yeah, we'll both be in the Cauldron. I get out of class at 2:20. I plan on leaving right after, but my car is in the shop, so we'll see what happens. I'll probably get there around 5 or 5:30. Where did you order your ticket?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
s_c text me tomorrow we may be able to carpool if your car is an issue.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
s_c text me tomorrow we may be able to carpool if your car is an issue.

I don't want to hold you up. I saw you said you're planning on going up early. I should hear from the mechanic tomorrow. Thanks for offering. I'm thinking it'll be ready by Wednesday.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Yeah, we'll both be in the Cauldron. I get out of class at 2:20. I plan on leaving right after, but my car is in the shop, so we'll see what happens. I'll probably get there around 5 or 5:30. Where did you order your ticket?

from the cauldron, actually I just found the ticket in my email, it came like 4 hours after I ordered it

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sam McDowell ?@SamMcDowell11  1m
#SportingKC is expected to announce the signing of Spanish midfielder Antonio Rodriguez Dovale today.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
#SportingKC is expected to announce the signing of Spanish midfielder Antonio Rodriguez Dovale today.

:thumbs: will be a good left winger, and provide some emergency depth for the outside backs.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

:thumbs: will be a good left winger, and provide some emergency depth for the outside backs.

I'd think JP could be out soon. We just got Zizzo who has been doing well and the coaches are high on. Now Toni. Add in CJ, Zusi, and Soony, we don't need Jacob Peterson anymore, even with all the competitions.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I'd think JP could be out soon. We just got Zizzo who has been doing well and the coaches are high on. Now Toni. Add in CJ, Zusi, and Soony, we don't need Jacob Peterson anymore, even with all the competitions.

fine by me, I've never been as high on him as some.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
SKC just announced Toni signing.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

I have very little optimism. I've seen too many teams go down to Mexico and lose by 3 and 4 goals. But hell, it could happen. We're really good, and our great defense is going to be key.

Parking the bus won't keep a clean sheet in Mexico no matter what, but you're right. We could grab a set piece goal from Collin or something. If we keep a clean sheet at home and score on the road, we may have a chance.

Best case scenario imo: 2-0 win at home, 3-1 loss on the road. That'd put us through.
We're Champions of the U.S., you two, start acting like it.  :comehere: (<--- to Cruz)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I completely forgot about this, but Collin is suspended for tomorrow's game for YC accumulation (2 in the group stage). I'm not worried about that because Opara is a complete stud and tore it up during the group stage of CCL.

What I am worried about is the fact that Cruz Azul is way better than us and will probably score 2-3 goals. :ohno:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
I completely forgot about this, but Collin is suspended for tomorrow's game for YC accumulation (2 in the group stage). I'm not worried about that because Opara is a complete stud and tore it up during the group stage of CCL.

What I am worried about is the fact that Cruz Azul is way better than us and will probably score 2-3 goals. :ohno:

i know it's been covered, but if we give up more than one we're toast

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

i know it's been covered, but if we give up more than one we're toast

If we give up 1, we're toast. Unless we win 4-1.