Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657927 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2014, 11:00:59 PM »
i hate chicago more than chivas fwiw

not even gE'ing here.  they are an awful franchise

The ownership in Chicago is pretty terrible, but they're not close to as bad as Chivas. DC United is seriously hurting too.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #726 on: February 22, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
what do we have to do to evict them

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 22, 2014, 11:04:12 PM »
I'm in the minority that thinks there are too many teams (about a wash after expansion)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 22, 2014, 11:04:39 PM »
what do we have to do to evict them

We're going to have to live with their mediocrity for a long time until it becomes an issue as bad as Chivas which will never happen.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 22, 2014, 11:06:12 PM »
I'm in the minority that thinks there are too many teams (about a wash after expansion)

There are too many teams. It's a shame markets like DC and Boston have teams already when there are cities without teams that will probably never get a team because it will never become bad enough to move the clubs out of DC or Boston.

I really do think that eventually we're going to hit 30 teams. I think it's stupid, but we'll probably have to live with it. That's quite a ways into the future though.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 22, 2014, 11:08:52 PM »
24 well deserving cities with local ownership with business sense would be the perfect situation for MLS.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 22, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
24 well deserving cities with local ownership with business sense would be the perfect situation for MLS.

agreed.  we're spoiled in kc (a non-local tv market for me).  there's lots of markets that are doing a job at it, but some of them make me mad too

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 22, 2014, 11:22:29 PM »
Honestly in my perfect world they would start over with 14 teams and go from there starting with:

KC
Portland
Seattle
Salt Lake
LA Galaxy
NYCFC without RBNY
Toronto
Vancouver
Houston
San Jose
Colorado 
Montreal
Columbus
Philadelphia

new ownership could come in to the other current cities but I think these 14 are the ones I would use to restart the league.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 22, 2014, 11:24:08 PM »
Honestly in my perfect world they would start over with 14 teams and go from there starting with:

KC
Portland
Seattle
Salt Lake
LA Galaxy
NYCFC without RBNY
Toronto
Vancouver
Houston
San Jose
Colorado 
Montreal
Columbus
Philadelphia

new ownership could come in to the other current cities but I think these 14 are the ones I would use to restart the league.

No Orlando?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 22, 2014, 11:27:46 PM »

KC
Portland
Seattle
Salt Lake
LA Galaxy
NYCFC without RBNY
Toronto
Vancouver
Houston
San Jose
Colorado 
Montreal
Columbus
Philadelphia

No Orlando?

no, unlike you I am not really team Orlando. I don't think Florida should have an MLS club, and especially not in my restarted 14 city/club league.

Online mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 22, 2014, 11:30:10 PM »
Do you think STL would support a team if they had one? Keep in mind STL is a garbage city

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 22, 2014, 11:30:24 PM »
no orlando here either

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 22, 2014, 11:31:16 PM »
OCSC is already proven. I can see being anti-Miami, but I think you should give Orlando a chance. OCSC will have better attendance numbers than Colorado, Columbus, and Philly from the very beginning.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 22, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
Do you think STL would support a team if they had one? Keep in mind STL is a garbage city

not really, but they'd be better than some of the garbage fanbases we already have

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 22, 2014, 11:31:41 PM »

Yes

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 22, 2014, 11:33:02 PM »
OCSC is already proven. I can see being anti-Miami, but I think you should give Orlando a chance. OCSC will have better attendance numbers than Colorado, Columbus, and Philly from the very beginning.

philly is my favorite of anything mentioned here (including ocsc).  i'm guessing the attendance figures don't help my inclinations?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 22, 2014, 11:33:23 PM »

the opening year isn't the gauge, sunny. I think after 5-7 years after the new smell has worn off it will become a very mediocre club with minimal support.

yes they would.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 22, 2014, 11:38:46 PM »
If OCSC wins, the attendance numbers will stay. You think SKC would be selling out 38 straight games if we weren't winners?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 22, 2014, 11:39:42 PM »
lets be real here for a second, can we? The tv situation for SKC is an embarrassment and a black mark for the franchise. The Revs have had every single game in the history of their franchise televised, and they don't have some garbage cable access deal either, their cable deal is just as good as the Celtics and Bruins.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 22, 2014, 11:40:10 PM »
i think skc's bottom is 10x higher than ocsc's bottom

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 22, 2014, 11:40:46 PM »
lets be real here for a second, can we? The tv situation for SKC is an embarrassment and a black mark for the franchise. The Revs have had every single game in the history of their franchise televised, and they don't have some garbage cable access deal either, their cable deal is just as good as the Celtics and Bruins.

Agreed. It's a complete garbage TV deal.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 22, 2014, 11:41:04 PM »

How could you know that?

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 22, 2014, 11:41:43 PM »

the tv situation is absolutely terrible for me.  i'm as likely to catch a chivas match as i am skc.  i live 2.5 hours west of their stadium in the same state

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 22, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »

How could you know that?

i can't imagine orlando caring if they had a good franchise

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 22, 2014, 11:43:20 PM »

How could you know that?

i can't imagine orlando caring if they had a good franchise

Well that have had a lot of people who care about a rough ridin' USL Pro club.