Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656539 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #675 on: February 18, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
uhm, he was being sarcastic about chivas

that's what i thought.

Yeah, you guys are definitely right

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #678 on: February 18, 2014, 04:46:41 PM »
Robb coming on at 5 with BITB on 810:

Robb calls BITB Keith

Robb loves taking the Cup all over the city and surrounding the city, wishes off season was longer but ready to go!

Organization wins championships, trophies are for the fans.

Team really are friends off the field, part of the reason we won the cup.

Sporting KC Takeoff The new jersey will be a fashion piece, celebration of the gold star, his favorite kit.

Playing RBNY in Orlando tomorrow, young guys will get a lot of PT in this game.

Juve really wants EPB we don't want to sell him right now.

Kempin will be going down to OKC to get action this year, EPB will get first team action with SKC.

Takes shots at clubs that buy big name guys instead of growing young local talent and young American talent.

Expansion talk doesn't think Miami is a done deal because he isn't sold a stadium will actually get built

Wants KC to always be the shining jewel of the MLS.

Book Value of the club has increased over 15 times since his ownership group took over.

Royals Talk:
Robb and Sporting Club would not go to the Glass family with an offer to buy, if the Glass family comes to ownership group they will listen.

Thoughts on Glass saying he is willing to sell the team: Sporting Club will always be there to listen, but not staying up at night hoping the call comes.

Robb not touching any speculative questions but says owners should be local.

BITB pushing for a 3rd party to put Sporting Club and the Glass family together for a dinner to make this happen. 

« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 05:31:37 PM by scottwildcat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 18, 2014, 05:52:05 PM »
:thumbs:

Very cool that EPB is good enough for first team action. He's still our 4th string CB, but still. Not his fault we have the two best center backs in the league plus the best young CB imo (Ike). Glad Kempin is going to OKC. That's what everyone expected. Interesting that he doesn't think Miami is a done deal...

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 19, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »
“@SportingKC: JUST IN: #SportingKC trades Teal Bunbury to @NERevolution for 2015 @MLS SuperDraft 1st round pick & allocation money http://bit.ly/1jQHeHd

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: February 19, 2014, 10:21:19 AM »
Now that I've calmed down, great move for both parties.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: February 19, 2014, 11:45:23 AM »
It came out that apparently Teal is set to make 220k this season. Way way too much to be our third best center forward. To get a first round pick plus allocation plus unloaded all that cap space is a fantastic move. I love Teal a lot. More than most. But now we will be able to get the central midfielder we need.

Oh, and NE is a playoff contender again now. They were going to be hurting because they lost Juan Agudelo, but this is a great replacement. Plus all their young studs (Rowe, Fagundez, Farrell, and Caldwell) will be a year older and they have the reigning defender of the year (Goncalves). Plus they got two of the best players out of college (Mullins and Neumann). I really like New England.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 11:50:25 AM by sunny_cat »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: February 19, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »
sunny can you repost the fantasy link(s)?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 19, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
SKC v. RBNY will be streamed on SportingKC.com at 2pm CT. I'll have it on during Arsenal-Bayern.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 19, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
SKC v. RBNY will be streamed on SportingKC.com at 2pm CT. I'll have it on during Arsenal-Bayern.

will probably watch after Bayern starts kicking Arsenal's ass.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:05 PM »
KEI KAMARA ?@keikamara  13s
Good luck to this dude @TealBunB as he's off to #NErevolutions. Blessed. pic.twitter.com/aP5iPT7PBr

#blessed

:cry:

Also, pretty adorbs that Kei called them NE "Revolutions."

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 19, 2014, 07:27:34 PM »
Asked some SKC bloggers a couple questions on twitter. They think we will get a central midfielder from outside of MLS, not within. Also said that our transfer window is still open, so we won't have to wait until summer (necessarily). :excited:

I think we need a box-to-box midfielder to "replace" Nagamura. Don't have anybody in mind at the moment.

EDIT:
On pending roster movement...
There's a good possibility that there's going to be a few more players that will join the team. We're still working on those. The roster is like a living, breathing entity. It never is fixed. It's never done. You're constantly looking to improve and things change within the group. I always say, players don't stay the same. You're either getting better or you're getting left behind. What I am very pleased with and what I have found out in the preseason thus far is a lot of our young guys have made a big step forward this year. I'm very happy with the progression of a few guys and what they're starting to add to the team. I can see them getting minutes in some of the competitions that we are going to play in this year and hopefully they're going to be able to contribute in a very meaningful way.

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/02/quotes-sporting-kc-1-0-new-york-red-bulls

probably Lampard
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:37:27 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: February 19, 2014, 07:38:30 PM »
Asked some SKC bloggers a couple questions on twitter. They think we will get a central midfielder from outside of MLS, not within. Also said that our transfer window is still open, so we won't have to wait until summer (necessarily). :excited:

I think we need a box-to-box midfielder to "replace" Nagamura. Don't have anybody in mind at the moment.

EDIT:
On pending roster movement...
There's a good possibility that there's going to be a few more players that will join the team. We're still working on those. The roster is like a living, breathing entity. It never is fixed. It's never done. You're constantly looking to improve and things change within the group. I always say, players don't stay the same. You're either getting better or you're getting left behind. What I am very pleased with and what I have found out in the preseason thus far is a lot of our young guys have made a big step forward this year. I'm very happy with the progression of a few guys and what they're starting to add to the team. I can see them getting minutes in some of the competitions that we are going to play in this year and hopefully they're going to be able to contribute in a very meaningful way.

http://www.sportingkc.com/news/2014/02/quotes-sporting-kc-1-0-new-york-red-bulls

probably Lampard

:love:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #690 on: February 19, 2014, 07:42:46 PM »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 19, 2014, 07:43:07 PM »
 :lol:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 19, 2014, 07:56:33 PM »
 :curse:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: February 19, 2014, 08:00:57 PM »
frankie can basically taste that minskys

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 20, 2014, 11:41:00 AM »
i'm a member this year in the Cauldron. If anyone needs tickets let me know, i will happily help ya out if i'm not going myself!

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 20, 2014, 01:58:43 PM »
MLS Opener @ Seattle on FPD and Home Opener at the same time as the B12TF :runaway:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 20, 2014, 03:08:40 PM »
Major League Soccer ?@MLS  7m
NEWS: Major League Soccer purchases Chivas USA: http://soc.cr/tPTmZ

:excited: :excited: :excited: :runaway: :runaway: :emawkid: :emawkid: :emawkid: :Woohoo:

Will be rebranded after 2014 season.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 20, 2014, 03:13:36 PM »
Will remain in LA. MLS will sell to ownership group who will build a new stadium. So no more sharing a stadium with the Galaxy.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 20, 2014, 03:16:50 PM »
they should move the freaking team, good grief