Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 656598 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #550 on: February 06, 2014, 01:10:07 PM »
I would burn it down if there were 3 teams in LA. I'm okay with it if they buy from Chivas, and could also deal with it if Chivas got relocated out of Cali and rebranded and LA Gunners was an expansion side.

Apparently MLS has a policy that owners can't own more than one team. Kroenke owns Colorado already. That makes this seem unlikely. Maybe they bypass that rule though. MLS has a history of making rules as they go. If Chivas is dissolved or rebranded, I'm okay with it. Really not a fan of the name though.

Mike Kuhn ?@downthebyline  3m
@Sporting_Times not to mention they're trying to get rid of multiple teams owned by 1 man/group. Goes against that policy

Mike is a complete studboss fwiw.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #551 on: February 06, 2014, 01:10:24 PM »
i don't think i like all this british involvement/partnership...

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:04 PM »

I would burn it down if there were 3 teams in LA. I'm okay with it if they buy from Chivas, and could also deal with it if Chivas got relocated out of Cali and rebranded and LA Gunners was an expansion side.

Apparently MLS has a policy that owners can't own more than one team. Kroenke owns Colorado already. That makes this seem unlikely. Maybe they bypass that rule though. MLS has a history of making rules as they go. If Chivas is dissolved or rebranded, I'm okay with it. Really not a fan of the name though.

@Sporting_Times not to mention they're trying to get rid of multiple teams owned by 1 man/group. Goes against that policy

The Hunt's owned Columbus, Dallas, and Kansas City at one point. Their group still has stake in Columbus and Dallas.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: February 06, 2014, 01:14:11 PM »

The Hunt's owned Columbus, Dallas, and Kansas City at one point. Their group still has stake in Columbus and Dallas.

Yeah, they're trying to do away with it. And the Hunts sold Columbus to Anthony Precourt (Precourt Sports Ventures I think) like six months ago.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: February 06, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
Ah okay makes sense

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31:23 PM »
Stud reply picture from Miami Team to be named later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 06, 2014, 02:31:30 PM »
Stud reply picture from Miami Team to be named later

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 06, 2014, 03:01:34 PM »
Did you already post this?

Orlando City SC ?@OrlandoCitySC  Feb 5
Welcome, David! #BuiltNotBought pic.twitter.com/an2VvWDe5b

:gocho:

I'm def #teamOCSC

#BuiltNotBought

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 06, 2014, 03:03:54 PM »
I did post it a few pages ago

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2014, 03:06:46 PM »

Thought so. My fantasy crap kind of clogged up the thread. :shy:

Which, by the way, no one has signed up for yet except Nick Florence's Beard. :frown:

(I think this link will take you directly into the league. http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/my-leagues/302/join/?autojoin-code=256-302)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 06, 2014, 09:26:22 PM »

:love:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 06, 2014, 09:52:52 PM »

Which, by the way, no one has signed up for yet except Nick Florence's Beard. :frown:

(I think this link will take you directly into the league. http://fantasy.mlssoccer.com/my-leagues/302/join/?autojoin-code=256-302)

don't read too much into that - i went so far as to create an account but am waiting for the weekend so i can actually analyze jersey colors and soccer ball logos and stuff

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 06, 2014, 09:56:01 PM »

don't read too much into that - i went so far as to create an account but am waiting for the weekend so i can actually analyze jersey colors and soccer ball logos and stuff

:D Btw, you can just create a team by hitting "auto-complete." Then , you can make unlimited transfers until opening day. I've probably made a billion transfers.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 06, 2014, 09:57:32 PM »
:D Btw, you can just create a team by hitting "auto-complete." Then , you can make unlimited transfers until opening day. I've probably made a billion transfers.

oh okay.  i noticed you had to create a team before you could join a league or whatever, so didn't want to lock myself in :thumbs:

(did i say that stuff right? :D)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 06, 2014, 10:00:44 PM »

oh okay.  i noticed you had to create a team before you could join a league or whatever, so didn't want to lock myself in :thumbs:

(did i say that stuff right? :D)

:thumbs:

Yeah, I was worried about that at first too. Didn't remember from last year. Last year, I used my wildcard (you get two or three throughout the season that give you unlimited transfers) immediately after week one because my team for opening day was so shitty.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 06, 2014, 10:13:34 PM »
Quote from: Taylor Twellman on MLS expansion
I don't know if I 100% believe it's going to stop at 24 teams.

Said that on ESPN FC. I really think realistically 24 is a great number and would like to see it stop there. But I also love MLS expansion. If the league grew to like 28 or 30 (I don't know of any soccer/football leagues in the world with that many), St Louis, Raleigh, Minneapolis, San Antonio, and others could all have a place. :dunno:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 06, 2014, 10:30:14 PM »

Said that on ESPN FC. I really think realistically 24 is a great number and would like to see it stop there. But I also love MLS expansion. If the league grew to like 28 or 30 (I don't know of any soccer/football leagues in the world with that many), St Louis, Raleigh, Minneapolis, San Antonio, and others could all have a place. :dunno:

so you don't wanna play any cross conference games?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 06, 2014, 10:32:46 PM »

What do you mean? I'm not advocating expanding past 24. I'm just saying, it would be cool to have teams in every or most cities that deserve them.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 06, 2014, 10:36:01 PM »
I don't know if I want to grow too fast and stretch thin... 24 is pretty remarkable iyam

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 06, 2014, 10:46:58 PM »

What do you mean? I'm not advocating expanding past 24. I'm just saying, it would be cool to have teams in every or most cities that deserve them.

then you need to be advocating taking teams away from places like Chivas, Dallas, and New England(maybe move them to the metro and give them a shot)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 06, 2014, 10:48:07 PM »

then you need to be advocating taking teams away from places like Chivas, Dallas, and New England(maybe move them to the metro and give them a shot)

:thumbs:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 06, 2014, 10:51:09 PM »
Chivas to StL, Dallas to San Antonio, give MSP a team and then Atlanta(i guess) a team. get DC into their new stadium, get NE into a stadium as close to downtown Boston and boom the perfect 24

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 06, 2014, 10:53:11 PM »
Chivas to StL, Dallas to San Antonio, give MSP a team and then Atlanta(i guess) a team. get DC into their new stadium, get NE into a stadium as close to downtown Boston and boom the perfect best case 24

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 06, 2014, 10:53:55 PM »
Chivas to StL, Dallas to San Antonio, give MSP a team and then Atlanta(i guess) a team. get DC into their new stadium, get NE into a stadium as close to downtown Boston and boom the perfect best case 24

Would take

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 06, 2014, 11:30:02 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again but a stadium close to downtown Boston would be a colossal waste of money.