Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 655602 times)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #425 on: February 04, 2014, 06:48:20 PM »
Mike Standish ?@MikeStandish  15m
From reliable friend: Extremely trusted sources close to Galatasaray have confirmed Drogba's move to Seattle at end of season #Sounders

WELP

This would probably mean Obafemi Martins is on his way out. Can't imagine Ozzie Alsonso leaving, and Dempsey just got there.

:(

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #426 on: February 04, 2014, 06:49:49 PM »
Mike Standish ?@MikeStandish  15m
From reliable friend: Extremely trusted sources close to Galatasaray have confirmed Drogba's move to Seattle at end of season #Sounders

WELP

This would probably mean Obafemi Martins is on his way out. Can't imagine Ozzie Alsonso leaving, and Dempsey just got there.

:(

Now we're probably going to have to go after puds like Lampard. :frown:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 05, 2014, 08:43:44 AM »
seattle sounders must be very butt hurt that they've never even played in a MLS cup

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 05, 2014, 08:46:13 AM »
seattle sounders must be very butt hurt that they've never even played in a MLS cup

I'm butthurt that rules on signing players don't matter when Seattle goes after someone. LA and NY I understand but Seattle?!?  :curse:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:16 AM »
why do you understand the rules do not apply to two teams but not a third?

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:31 AM »
why do you understand the rules do not apply to two teams but not a third?

Because you want the big market teams to get big market stars that is good for the league. The
League doesn't benefit anymore from Drogba and Demps going to Seattle than those guys going to any team that is a relative contender

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 05, 2014, 08:59:04 AM »
i'm gonna get #lampard4chivas trending

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 05, 2014, 09:01:26 AM »

Pud player. Pud club.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:00 AM »

Shut up Tobias, they wouldn't take him anyways. They only sign players with Hispanic linage now.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 05, 2014, 09:02:31 AM »

Shut up Tobias, they wouldn't take him anyways. They only sign players with Hispanic linage now.

They traded for Andrew Jean-Baptiste recently. He's black. :surprised:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: February 05, 2014, 09:03:34 AM »

Pud player. Pud club.

Idc if you're trolling but if you call Lampsy pud one more time I'm going to kick your ass IRL.

Hmm forgot about him maybe they changed their policy.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2014, 09:04:20 AM »

brooklyn-american, tho :mjrod:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 05, 2014, 09:05:59 AM »
Beckham announcement is about to start.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2014, 09:10:41 AM »
Interested to find out what the name of the club in Miami will be. Hopefully Becks don't eff this up.

Also, Lampard is a complete stud. Even though he couldn't score the easiest goal in history in stoppage time to beat the most pud team of all time (Stoke City).

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2014, 09:17:52 AM »
Dan Dickinson ?@GothamistDan  37s
Again, I'm expecting the team to be named "Miami Fusion FC", as Becks' lobbyists re-activated the trademark in June. pic.twitter.com/d99Q5e9Raw

Starting right now.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:46 AM »
why do we need mascot names? seems so 1920's-ish

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2014, 09:26:27 AM »
is miami going to be the ford fusion of mls clubs? :flush:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2014, 09:27:07 AM »
why do we need mascot names? seems so 1920's-ish

Miami Fusion FC is the name of the MLS Club that was founded in 1997 and dissolved in 2001. I really like the name. There isn't a mascot really. And I'm fine with it. "Chicago Fire" and "San Jose Earthquakes" are two of the best names in MLS.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
Interested to find out what the name of the club in Miami will be. Hopefully Becks don't eff this up.

Also, Lampard is a complete stud. Even though he couldn't score the easiest goal in history in stoppage time to beat the most pud team of all time (Stoke City) West Ham.

I'm still shocked he didn't finish that, and still sad, but oh well. Watching the announcement because 810 Sports online feed is down. LOL at this music.

I have a ford fusion and it gets amazing gas milage  :shakesfist:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2014, 09:28:53 AM »

I'm getting increasingly optimistic about it. People like soccer there. Just need to tap into the right type of fan. Similar to what NYCFC is doing.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 05, 2014, 09:29:54 AM »
Yeah, actually Ford Fusions are good cars.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:30 AM »
lol I was like 15 minutes behind on the feed wtf?

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 05, 2014, 09:36:14 AM »
San Jose Earthquakes is an absolutely horrendous name, are you for serious? Just name your team after the natural disaster that kills thousands of people IN YOUR CITY??? I don't get that approach.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 05, 2014, 09:36:55 AM »
Quote from: @OrlandoCitySC
Welcome, David! #BuiltNotBought pic.twitter.com/an2VvWDe5b

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 05, 2014, 09:39:57 AM »
San Jose Earthquakes is an absolutely horrendous name, are you for serious? Just name your team after the natural disaster that kills thousands of people IN YOUR CITY??? I don't get that approach.

That name is from a team in 1974. It's very cool. Why should MLS make all their team names sound like English or Spanish names?

Also, Becks just said he doesn't want public funding. :gocho: