Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657194 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

:love:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Andy Edwards ?@AndyEdMLS 11s
14 goals, 7 assists in 69 collegiate games for Gabeljic. As a forward, there's a lot of rungs on the ladder to climb to make this team.

He won't play at all next season imo. Maybe someday.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
College: St. Louis

omg IN YOUR FAT FACE ST LOUIS! HAVE AN MLS TEAM MUCH?  :lol:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
What Scouts Say: "He's a special kind of kid who can do some things that no one else on the field will be able to do … He's big, strong, powerful and then has legitimate track-athlete type of speed - he runs a 4.4 40-yard dash - for a guy that's 200 pounds … He has the build you would look for in a No. 9, plus pace, and he has a high comfort level with the ball … Where he struggles is his understanding of his team and tactics … He's sometimes more comfortable 1 v. 3 than 3 v. 1 … He jumps well and has good size but does not have great timing … Has great talent to bang and hold the ball up and also run in behind defenses, but he can be frustrating."

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
College: St. Louis

omg IN YOUR FAT FACE ST LOUIS! HAVE AN MLS TEAM MUCH?  :lol:

Lots of people have been talking about us signing this guy as a homegrown player too: http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=205260695

I'm not sure if it's possible.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
What Scouts Say: "He's a special kind of kid who can do some things that no one else on the field will be able to do … He's big, strong, powerful and then has legitimate track-athlete type of speed - he runs a 4.4 40-yard dash - for a guy that's 200 pounds … He has the build you would look for in a No. 9, plus pace, and he has a high comfort level with the ball … Where he struggles is his understanding of his team and tactics … He's sometimes more comfortable 1 v. 3 than 3 v. 1 … He jumps well and has good size but does not have great timing … Has great talent to bang and hold the ball up and also run in behind defenses, but he can be frustrating."

This is a big problem. Good thing he'll have plenty of time to learn our tactics (assuming he makes the team even.)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
http://m.mlssoccer.com/superdraft/2014/news/article/2014/01/11/superdraft-marlon-hairston-makes-top-10-physical-tests-2014-adidas-mls-playe

Tied for the fastest. Tenth highest vertical. And he's 6'3". :eek:

Yea from what you guys said about the usual results of 2nd round picks, a big, athletic forward seems like the type to take a flyer on

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Loan him out to OKC

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Loan him out to OKC

Yeah. Or Orlando. Either one. Only player I care about which affiliate they go to is Kempin. He needs to go to OKC to be with Jimmy (and he will.)

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Loan him out to OKC

Yeah. Or Orlando. Either one. Only player I care about which affiliate they go to is Kempin. He needs to go to OKC to be with Jimmy (and he will.)
Send players we don't have hope for to Orlando. They don't care about helping us develop talent they're worrying about preppejng a franchise for a move up to them MLS

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Loan him out to OKC

Send players we don't have hope for to Orlando. They don't care about helping us develop talent they're worrying about preppejng a franchise for a move up to them MLS

True. I'd say Christian Duke and Ellis fit that category. Don't see either ever becoming major contributors. Could be wrong. I have lots of hope for Lopez, Kempin.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Mullet guy got drafted by Chivas. :lol:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Mullet guy got drafted by Chivas. :lol:

jesus christ, chivas :lol:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Just got the STM presale email for the Cruz Azul game. I thought it would be included. There are going to be so many rough ridin' Mexicans. :dubious:

EDIT: Nevermind, misread the email. CA game is included.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 12:28:53 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Stud tweet

Sporting Kansas City ?@SportingKC
If you're wondering why we don't have a pick in first round, we traded it last year to get @b_feilhaber22 #SuperDraft pic.twitter.com/sIbs6Wqzx7

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Andy Edwards ?@AndyEdMLS 52s
ATTN: KC Soccer players -- @EnergyFC open tryouts are coming to KC. Register here --> http://bit.ly/1fst0eb  pic.twitter.com/jouyaV50Xd

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Stud tweet

Sporting Kansas City ?@SportingKC
If you're wondering why we don't have a pick in first round, we traded it last year to get @b_feilhaber22 #SuperDraft pic.twitter.com/sIbs6Wqzx7

:love:

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Just got the STM presale email for the Cruz Azul game. I thought it would be included. There are going to be so many rough ridin' Mexicans. :dubious:

How many Chivas Guadalajara fans were at the friend a few years ago.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

I think more than half the stadium were Guadalajara fans. Wasn't there.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

gag. hopefully STM hold onto their tickets and limit the Azul fans.
I think more than half the stadium were Guadalajara fans. Wasn't there.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Cruz Azul is an absolutely huge club too. Bigger than Chivas. They probably have tons of fans in the area.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
LOL the Jamaican kid Vancouver took 7th overall signed with the NY Cosmos today (NASL). That blows for Vancouver.

http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4175/major-league-soccer/2014/01/17/4551561/first-round-mls-draft-pick-lewis-signs-with-cosmos?ICID=HP_BN_1