Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 658239 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Here is what Ives Galarcep has:

SPORTING KANSAS CITY- Victor Munoz , UCLA, Attacking Midfielder/Right Winger

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2014/01/mock-draft-version-3.html

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Has a stadium deal finalized for NYCFC? I can't remember.

probably outdated info, but a quick search makes it sound like their first plan got mushed a while back on a park site in flushing meadows.  plans leaked a few months back that they're looking to basically tear down/relocate a factory property by Yankee Stadium and help said factory relocate elsewhere.  sounds relatively complicated, and doesn't sound like de blasio has come out in support of it yet

Ah ya that a all rings a bell

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Listening to the Big Head Red Head podcast and they all seem to think that the MLS Clubs as a single entity is going to end much sooner than later....

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Listening to the Big Head Red Head podcast and they all seem to think that the MLS Clubs as a single entity is going to end much sooner than later....

Good news for us? Or just good news for big market clubs? I'm thinking the latter.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Good news for us? Or just good news for big market clubs? I'm thinking the latter.

Depends on how they do salary cap or lack there of. But all in all won't be good. Basically gives no leverage to small market and non desireable locations.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Draft is starting. DC trading top pick to Philly (who is trying to acquire Edu - word is the league is going to block it).

EDIT:
Blue Culé ?@twogoalhattrick 15s
@Sporting_Times Just read Philly fans were chanting "Free Maurice" at Garber, there's that.
:whistle1:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:09:47 AM by sunny_cat »

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I'm not going to keep posting about the draft, but this really confused me. Philly just took the stud Jamaican GK (Andre Blake) with the top overall pick. They already have Zach Macmath, one of the best young keepers in the league. I'd imagine they'll be trading one of those two. Possibly today.

Fwiw, I'd rather have MacMath than Kronberg or Gruenebaum, but that's just because I like youth a lot. Also, Vancouver needs a keeper as far as I know. All the mock drafts had them taking Blake 3rd overall. Maybe they will trade one of them to Vancouver.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
i enjoy the interesting parts of the draft (basically don't know any college players tho) :thumbs:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
i enjoy the interesting parts of the draft (basically don't know any college players tho) :thumbs:

Andre Blake is one of like five that I know just from hearing about them over the past couple months and from the College Cup (How I know Patrick Mullins and Harrison Shipp).

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Lots of weird rules. I love it.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Grant Wahl ?@GrantWahl 4m
Hearing it's likely that higher-seeded MLS team will get to choose order of game locations in home-and-home playoffs moving forward.

Will take

Grant Wahl ?@GrantWahl now
League is also considering moving the MLS Cup final to the third weekend of December.

Do not want

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

This guy was just drafted. :sdeek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Grant Wahl ?@GrantWahl 7s
Don Garber: "Within 30 days we'll make an announcement on what's going on in Miami."

God bless Grant Wahl

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

This guy was just drafted. :sdeek:
Need confirmation if that's a ginger mullet

Also is there some kind of requirement every pick gets traded? I mean 14/19

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Looked like brown hair to me on TV.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
that guy is not doing himself any favors :sdeek:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

They talked about it on TV. Said he owns it and loves it. His gf is also okay with it. :flush:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

They talked about it on TV. Said he owns it and loves it. His gf is also okay with it. :flush:

I bet his gf is losery and smells like cheese

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Ten picks away.

:impatient:

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
For those those of you with a more in depth knowledge of mls what quality of player are we looking at getting here? Is this like nfl 2nd round where you expect them to make the club and eventually be at least solid contributors or more nba where it's a good pick if they ride the pine for 2 years then disappear into D-league oblivion?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
For those those of you with a more in depth knowledge of mls what quality of player are we looking at getting here? Is this like nfl 2nd round where you expect them to make the club and eventually be at least solid contributors or more nba where it's a good pick if they ride the pine for 2 years then disappear into D-league oblivion?

He may not make the roster. They've been saying this is not a deep draft at all. And players taken this late are rarely good anyway. If he makes the roster, he probably won't make an appearance this season. Maybe one or two.

Seems like there's generally 6-8 rookies that make significant contributions.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile

my personal expectation would probably be more like the latter...

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I'm not going to keep posting about the draft, but this really confused me. Philly just took the stud Jamaican GK (Andre Blake) with the top overall pick. They already have Zach Macmath, one of the best young keepers in the league. I'd imagine they'll be trading one of those two. Possibly today.

Fwiw, I'd rather have MacMath than Kronberg or Gruenebaum, but that's just because I like youth a lot. Also, Vancouver needs a keeper as far as I know. All the mock drafts had them taking Blake 3rd overall. Maybe they will trade one of them to Vancouver.

James Tyler ?@JamesTylerESPN 36m
Some intense discussions going on with Zac MacMath and his agent a few minutes ago... #MLSSuperDraft

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
Zac MacMath sounds made up

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Major League Soccer ?@MLS 4s
Forward Adnan Gabeljic (@gabsnation) goes to #MLSCup champs @SportingKC with the final pick of the 2nd round: http://soc.cr/sEZ5S

Hmmmmmm