Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 657206 times)

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
that's great news but i hate taylor twellman too hard to be happy about it

shoot the messenger, amirite

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Why would Bradley want to leave Roma for Toronto? Does he have no ambition?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Love him. He's a stud.

BTW, just texted my squawk friend (who attended MLS Cup with sw, 3maw, and I) about this. His response: I hate Michael Bradley.  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Why would Bradley want to leave Roma for Toronto? Does he have no ambition?

Roma is pushing him out. He's losing playing time. He's going to be on the move whether it's to MLS or not.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
<--- loves michael bradley-corgan

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Love him. He's a stud.

BTW, just texted my squawk friend (who attended MLS Cup with sw, 3maw, and I) about this. His response: I hate Michael Bradley.  :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:

Now he's talking about how Bradley is consistently our worst player. He says Dempsey, Jozy, and Howard are all better right now. Also said Bradley only completes 50% of his passes (FALSE AS eff) and his missed passes lead to stupid goals (WHEN HAS THAT HAPPENED??). :chainsaw:

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
taylor saying that or your squawk friend?  i don't want to have to fight both of them to get the right person

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
taylor saying that or your squawk friend?  i don't want to have to fight both of them to get the right person

squawk friend. Taylor isn't a dumbass.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Love Taylor, And Bradley. Hate that MB is going to Toronto.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Doug McIntyre is saying sources are telling him the Bradley deal is done. :surprised:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Charlie Davies to NE on a permanent transfer. :lol:

Poor NE is desperate.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
“@SportingKC: FYI, for fans traveling to @SoundersFC for our 2014 season opener, the form to secure away tickets will open tomorrow http://bit.ly/14FGI3P

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
“@SportingKC: FYI, for fans traveling to @SoundersFC for our 2014 season opener, the form to secure away tickets will open tomorrow http://bit.ly/14FGI3P

I wish. Still tentatively planning on making the trip up to Chicago on May 18.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Sounding like the Bradley deal is done. Just waiting on Toronto FC to make the announcement.

I would like someone to convince me that this is a bad thing. Because he wasn't getting minutes in Rome. He will get a consistent 90 minutes every game in Toronto. He has two DP striker studs he'll be able to feed goals to (Gilberto & Defoe).

I think it's absurd to think this will hinder his development as a player. He's the best player on USMNT. This won't change that. You gotta think he'll be heading to Europe frequently on loans similar to Dempsey. Toronto will compete for the playoffs, won't be a laughing stock, and he will get games, games, and more games in a World Cup year. That's the bottom line.

It's well-known he wanted out at Roma. Would you rather see him move to the other rumored destinations? Sunderland? Fulham? Where he'd get relegated? There were also rumors of a couple lower-level Serie A clubs, so maybe that would be ideal.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
I wish he wasn't going to a Canadian club but it is def a good thing. He will get all the minutes he can want at TFC. The MLS is an improving league and the is showing as a league we are not just a beginning or ending stop for top talent. Bradley will be able to parlay the first half of the MLS into a good World Cup into becoming one I the modern faces of American Soccer and the MLS amongst even the most casual fans.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
I wish he wasn't going to a Canadian club but it is def a good thing. He will get all the minutes he can want at TFC. The MLS is an improving league and the is showing as a league we are not just a beginning or ending stop for top talent. Bradley will be able to parlay the first half of the MLS into a good World Cup into becoming one I the modern faces of American Soccer and the MLS amongst even the most casual fans.

:thumbs:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
A.S. Roma ?@OfficialASRoma 1m
Grazie, Michael #Bradley for taking part in this adventure with us: good luck! pic.twitter.com/ALFt6lSSYF

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Starting in 2015, ESPN and Fox will split MLS rights. That means games on FS1 and FS2. Not sure about FS+. Hopefully not.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Charlton close to signing Dom on loan. No word on whether there's a purchase option.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Bye bye Dom :(

Charlton close to signing Dom on loan. No word on whether there's a purchase option.

Good for the MLS imo and our ole Fox Soccer buddies!

Starting in 2015, ESPN and Fox will split MLS rights. That means games on FS1 and FS2. Not sure about FS+. Hopefully not.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Dom leaving just means Teal will step up this season.

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
More Saad plz kthx

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
More Saad plz kthx

Agreed, but Soony and Dom aren't interchangeable in PV's system.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Just started watching the first NYCFC presser.

They've said they'll sign 3 DPs. Also, Kreis will spend 4 months in Manchester in the City locker room learning from Pellegrini. Studs.

Anyone have any predictions on DPs? The popular prediction has been James Milner.

EDIT: Maybe younger City players like Guidetti (if he doesn't get sold this window)? Maybe even Jovetic? Rodwell? Barry (not young obvi)? :dunno:

Maybe Marcos Lopes (stud 18 year old) or Luca Scapuzzi (22 year old striker)? I probably need to think outside of only Man City players.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 01:29:20 PM by sunny_cat »