Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654779 times)

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5450 on: December 17, 2014, 09:55:31 PM »
I said you'd argue if I said the sky was blue and you swoop right in and prove me right.

Oh, and I love how you're arguing with me by agreeing with me.

That's it for me tonight though. This crappy bar, with its crappy wifi, is crappy, and I need to get up early to get to the job site tomorrow.

lol, okay weirdo

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5451 on: December 17, 2014, 10:18:45 PM »
Cubo to play with Chivas for the next six months.

https://twitter.com/Chivas/status/545430864671150080

Then likely MLS after. MLS paid a transfer fee. Basically, we are loaning him back to Guadalajara for six months.

Tom Marshall ?@mexicoworldcup  6s6 seconds ago
Only confirmed Cubo Torres info is that he will play for Chivas for next 6 months. After that, nothing has yet been 100% confirmed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 10:33:44 PM by sunny_cat »

Offline AbeFroman

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: December 18, 2014, 01:41:05 AM »

I'm loving our move to the West. Regular Roadrons to Denver, Seattle, Portland, L.A. and now possibly Vegas in the future?  :party:

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: December 18, 2014, 06:20:59 AM »
Yeah except we are going to suck balls next year

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: December 18, 2014, 06:52:34 AM »

Yeah except we are going to suck balls next year

Nope.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: December 18, 2014, 07:20:20 AM »
Remember when you said we would make the finals this year in the middle of like a twelve game winless streak? Yeah because since then we've hemmorhaged players

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: December 18, 2014, 07:36:38 AM »

Remember when you said we would make the finals this year in the middle of like a twelve game winless streak? Yeah because since then we've hemmorhaged players

Hey mocat, you can take your contrarian view and shove it!!

Whew, that DOES feel good.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: December 18, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »

Hey mocat, you can take your contrarian view and shove it!!

Whew, that DOES feel good.

Oh look CopperBowl trying to start crap again, shocker.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: December 18, 2014, 08:01:01 AM »

We will be okay. I promise.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: December 18, 2014, 08:05:43 AM »
We will make the playoffs unless there is another world Cup and we lose two vital defenders for the season.

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5460 on: December 18, 2014, 08:10:09 AM »
i appreciate your optimism, but we did already lose Collin and Sal and Toni and Soony and Lawrence and CJ. am i missing someone? did we keep Igor? what about Ike?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: December 18, 2014, 08:14:44 AM »
Igor is a gray area right now. Opara is staying and is allegedly healthy. We'll have plenty of signings to replace all those guys. Only one who was consistently a factor was Collin and he was terrible last year by his standards.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: December 18, 2014, 09:18:38 AM »
Igor is a gray area right now. Opara is staying and is allegedly healthy. We'll have plenty of signings to replace all those guys. Only one who was consistently a factor was Collin and he was terrible last year by his standards.

Just to be clear - put me in #CampOptimistic.

I hate losing players I really like . . . but have to be honest that they are replaceable. In a way, it feels like we just went through a therapeutic cleansing.

I think we'll kick ass next year and will continue to think that until proven otherwise.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: December 18, 2014, 09:41:19 AM »
hey mocat, just think of it like "we sucked last year and got rid of some of those losers"

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: December 18, 2014, 10:12:55 AM »
Cubo to play with Chivas for the next six months.

https://twitter.com/Chivas/status/545430864671150080

Then likely MLS after. MLS paid a transfer fee. Basically, we are loaning him back to Guadalajara for six months.

Tom Marshall ?@mexicoworldcup  6s6 seconds ago
Only confirmed Cubo Torres info is that he will play for Chivas for next 6 months. After that, nothing has yet been 100% confirmed.

Tom Marshall ?@mexicoworldcup  1m1 minute ago
Official: MLS has taken up the option on Erick "Cubo" Torres. Part of deal includes a six-month loan to Chivas.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: December 18, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
The thing about Sporting is that we lose a bunch of games all the time, but are always in the conversation and sometimes even win entire leagues or tournaments. Camp Optimistic is the only way to do any Sporting season in my imo.

(remember that year we played our first bazillion games on the road because of our stadium and then came roaring back with all of those home games?  :excited:)

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: December 18, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
hey mocat, just think of it like "we sucked last year and got rid of some of those losers"

that's fine, except sunny & scott want it both ways.

all year last year: "we're fine, we're fine, we'll be in the finals, stfu mocat you stupid idiot"

now: "the whole team sucked except Collin who also sucked, so we'll be better"

i don't think Soony or Collin knows what suck even means. i'm fine with CJ leaving, i liked Olum, the other guys seem replaceable i guess

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: December 18, 2014, 11:19:03 AM »
MLS schedule will be released tomorrow. :) Sounds like NYCFC's opener will be in Orlando.

that's fine, except sunny & scott want it both ways.

all year last year: "we're fine, we're fine, we'll be in the finals, stfu mocat you stupid idiot"

now: "the whole team sucked except Collin who also sucked, so we'll be better"

i don't think Soony or Collin knows what suck even means. i'm fine with CJ leaving, i liked Olum, the other guys seem replaceable i guess

I'm as big of a Collin fan as anyone on this blog but he had his worst season in KC last year. Hard to deny that. Also a Larry fan, but he struggled as a full time replacement for Uri. Soony was great when he was on the field, but how often was that? CJ is a stud but didn't fit in no matter how much I tried to convince myself he did. Glad the GKs are gone. They either sucked or couldn't stay healthy. Zizzo and the people who never played are very replaceable.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: December 18, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »
MLS schedule will be released tomorrow. :) Sounds like NYCFC's opener will be in Orlando.

:excited: Good news - need to identify a Friday or Sunday home game to pair with a football home game for the annual pilgrimage.  Preferably not 110 degrees. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: December 18, 2014, 12:22:19 PM »
Official announcement of that Hungarian forward. https://twitter.com/SportingKC/status/545644900738269184

Offline mocat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: December 18, 2014, 12:27:01 PM »
yeah he sounds great. a real wes welker type, gym rat, 110% effort type guy

Offline joda

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: December 18, 2014, 12:52:07 PM »
mocat, much of the optimism is from the way it appears the team is being put back together. Last year's team was still a good team, but injuries and exhaustion just ground the team down. I mentioned it before but Dom, Benny, Zus, Besler, and Seth is a solid enough core that the team is going to be in contention no matter who is surrounding them. Now it sounds like Opara is getting back healthy, Espinoza is expected to return, and Robb made it sound like we have a new DP on the way (at least one).

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: December 18, 2014, 01:05:24 PM »
We were overly optimistic last season. It was unrealistic to be contenders with all the injuries and fatigue. Minus the injuries/WC, we would have played in the conf finals.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: December 18, 2014, 01:08:56 PM »
The center of this team had to the best league; Paulo, Jorge, Benny, and Dom playing in front of Besler is amazing. Not to mention Zusi out right. This team was damaged and tired at the end of the year. They played well going into the world cup break and never recovered. The core of this team is still highly talented.

I heard Besler on an interview on 810 last week and he essentially said that his partnership with Colin had run its course.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: December 18, 2014, 01:15:49 PM »
Also have probably the best left back in MLS and one of the best right backs who fits the system perfectly (assuming Myers is ever the same again). And a coach who has won 2 trophies in the last 3 seasons.

Also, next year, no CCL which I'm actually happy about. CCL has a habit of ruining teams (see Seattle every season before this year). They would win USOC and go on a great run for the Shield. Then all the fatigue CCL brought them would make them putter out before the playoffs. No shame in losing to maybe the greatest MLS team of all time this season in the playoffs.