Author Topic: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)  (Read 654827 times)

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5425 on: December 17, 2014, 09:54:30 AM »
T-Y for your unbiased support, CF3. Go Royals

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5426 on: December 17, 2014, 10:02:21 AM »
Welcome SC.

Offline Spaces

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5427 on: December 17, 2014, 10:05:54 AM »
Let's get Ian Darke.

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5428 on: December 17, 2014, 10:07:24 AM »
i'm not sure if i should feel bad, but i typically don't pay attention to or care about announcers in sports unless they're completely awful.  like, i could watch a football game and not be able to tell you the next day if it was musberger, herbstreit, etc.  there has to be something pretty awful/noteworthy for me to notice.

i guess other people care, so i should hope for someone not sucky/embarrassing but that's about the extent of it for me

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5429 on: December 17, 2014, 10:14:26 AM »
Saw on twitter MLS sched might not be out until the new year. :flush:

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5430 on: December 17, 2014, 10:29:29 AM »

:woot:

@scottwildcat

Jonathan O'Connell ?@OConnellPostbiz  2m2 minutes ago
There it is: D.C. Council unanimously passes deal to build #DCU stadium. If construction goes well, games could begin 2017.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5431 on: December 17, 2014, 10:49:38 AM »
DCU will fill that stadium. Can't wait to see it. Feel bad for all the fans who have had to suffer in RFK.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5432 on: December 17, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »
This makes me happy. I love SSSs. Good for DC, good for the MLS. Now time for the Revs to get on board. Then we can peer pressure the eff out of Seattle.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: December 17, 2014, 12:56:49 PM »
This makes me happy. I love SSSs. Good for DC, good for the MLS. Now time for the Revs to get on board. Then we can peer pressure the eff out of Seattle.

Me too, except for that shithole in Columbus . . .

Also, can we all unite around the fact that at least the top half of that starting eleven looks pretty damn sexy?  If Marin is legit it could be a fun year, you know?

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: December 17, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
Dom officially re signed

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: December 17, 2014, 01:16:36 PM »

Also, can we all unite around the fact that at least the top half of that starting eleven looks pretty damn sexy?  If Marin is legit it could be a fun year, you know?

Marin does look good, but this tweet leads me to believe he either isn't coming or won't be the starter. 6 has to be Sinovic, Besler, Zusi, Feilhaber, Dwyer, and Opara (or Nagamura). Right? :dunno:

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5436 on: December 17, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »

Marin does look good, but this tweet leads me to believe he either isn't coming or won't be the starter. 6 has to be Sinovic, Besler, Zusi, Feilhaber, Dwyer, and Opara (or Nagamura). Right? :dunno:

I figured he just wouldn't commit to any number greater than the number that had a significant amount of SKC starts in 2014.

You know, because it's still just December.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: December 17, 2014, 01:37:31 PM »
I see you crossed out Opara but PV has already said he's healthy and should start the season. Also the question asked for his guess, not a guarantee, so if he really thought more than 6 would start game 1, he would have said that.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5438 on: December 17, 2014, 02:39:40 PM »
I see you crossed out Opara but PV has already said he's healthy and should start the season. Also the question asked for his guess, not a guarantee, so if he really thought more than 6 would start game 1, he would have said that.

Well, it's all conjecture anyway, but 6 is a convenient number that includes everyone who had a starting role in 2014 is all I'm saying.  Tell you what - let's just keep asking the question with different starting 11's and see what the different answers indicate.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5441 on: December 17, 2014, 04:18:52 PM »

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #5443 on: December 17, 2014, 07:31:27 PM »
Listening to March to the Match podcast. They're talking about Seattle and the fact that they got RSL's stud GM, Garth Lagerway. Their previous GM, Adrian Hanauer will remain with the club and is working full time on getting them a SSS.  :thumbs:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5444 on: December 17, 2014, 07:57:34 PM »

Crew Stadium deserves respect. It was first and it was groundbreaking, game changer for soccer in this country. Best thing the Hunts ever did.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5445 on: December 17, 2014, 08:03:07 PM »

Crew Stadium deserves respect. It was first and it was groundbreaking, game changer for soccer in this country. Best thing the Hunts ever did.

God. You rough ridin' people would argue if I said the sky was blue.

Have you ever actually been there MIR?

It's a rough ridin' yellow aluminum shithole.

First - yes

Groundbreaking - yes

Shithole - yes

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: December 17, 2014, 08:05:46 PM »
jfc CopperBowl you are a sensitive mother rough rider who wants to fight about everything.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: December 17, 2014, 08:16:20 PM »

God. You rough ridin' people would argue if I said the sky was blue.

Have you ever actually been there MIR?

It's a rough ridin' yellow aluminum shithole.

First - yes

Groundbreaking - yes

Shithole - yes

Why are you always looking for a fight? You're not talking to your buddies on the construction site or the shitty neighborhood bar, stuff the I gotta prove myself as a soccer fan crap away.

Yes, I've been there four times. Of course its crap in comparison its a decade newer than the others and was the first one. They didn't have a reason to spend a ton of cash on it. Stub Hub isn't as nice as the newer sss either.

Offline CopperBowl

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
Sporting KC Thread!! (Featuring All of MLS and sometimes Mexican Leagues too)
« Reply #5448 on: December 17, 2014, 08:44:30 PM »
I said you'd argue if I said the sky was blue and you swoop right in and prove me right.

Oh, and I love how you're arguing with me by agreeing with me.

That's it for me tonight though. This crappy bar, with its crappy wifi, is crappy, and I need to get up early to get to the job site tomorrow.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: December 17, 2014, 09:21:09 PM »

I said you'd argue if I said the sky was blue and you swoop right in and prove me right.

Oh, and I love how you're arguing with me by agreeing with me.

That's it for me tonight though. This crappy bar, with its crappy wifi, is crappy, and I need to get up early to get to the job site tomorrow.

dude you're the one who came in here picking fights ever since people said they liked Cal.