Author Topic: Antisnyder  (Read 16480 times)

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Re: Antisnyder
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 11:32:07 AM »
Here's my defense on the selfish front. Given the option to stay with a program aimed at success but taking a minor roll or transfer to a school with very little chance at success and taking a major roll possibly #LIFE decided to leave behind his friends and FAMILY to pursue what? A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.  If not fame then he has to be in control.  If he has as high of a ceiling as you all say, why was he worried he wouldn't see the field as a receiver come the fall?

PPl that are really good at sports like to play sports.  Pretty simple.

Also, you obvsly buy into the whole family talking point/marketing tool way too much.

He isn't chasing fame.  He is chasing playing time in actual rough ridin' games.

Will being the starting qb for one year at McNeese State where they go 9-3 help him more than earning a starting WR spot for the 2015 season at K-State when it comes to the draft?

He will have 2 years to play at McNeese State.  One year if he would have went to an FBS school

You are assuming that he won't have to play back up for a year ;) haha jk

So, will being the starting qb for two years at McNeese State where they go 9-3 (both seasons) help him more than earning a starting WR spot during the 2014 season and all of the 2015 season at K-State when it comes to the draft?

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 13, 2014, 11:32:44 AM »
JFC not now MR

Sorry, but I'm not going to sit here and read this blasphemous drivel from a bunch of whiny brats who think that losing one effing player is going to cause our program to plummet into an ice age.  The sky isn't falling and K-State isn't doomed you jack wagons!  I think some of you forgot who orchestrated this whole thing to begin with.  It wasn't your beloved John Curry, and it sure as crap wasn't that premadonna Daniel Sams.  If the kid can't hack it then adios!  Good luck elsewhere pal. 

As a strong supporter I can only trust that Snyder and his staff have made the right decisions to give us the best opportunity to win.  Making Waters the primary go-to under center was the best thing to happen to us last season, and deep down in your bitter, jealous hearts you rough ridin' know it!  Some of us didn't like the decision to put Waters ahead of Sams, but it got us the wins we needed to right the ship, and I'll be damned if Waters didn't look like a stud doing it.  We won a rough ridin' bowl game for Christ's sake and you people still bitch!!!  Answer this question honestly; can any of you see that happening with Sams as the starter?

Ungrateful is what you are, cowards even!  You ought to be ashamed of yourselves!  Where the hell do your loyalties lie?  With some kid who is going to waste his talents at another school because he would rather give up than try a little harder?  Or with a university, and a coach, and a program that has always been there for you and stands for something bigger and strives to be better?  A community and a family that binds together in hard times and dares to move forward when the rest of the world tells us we can't. 

LHC Bill Snyder said he came to Kansas State because of the people, stayed because of the people and returned because of the people.  I'm not so sure any of you are among those people he talks about.  So take a good look in the mirror tonight and ask yourself what it is you see; a no-crap, die-hard, bleeds purple and white until the day you die Kansas State Wildcats fan?  Or a spineless, rotten, pansy-ass, no good waste of space who doesn't even deserve to wear their dad's old 2001 Insight.com Bowl t-shirt that he only wears when he does yard work and is torn to shreds and has paint stains on it?  I'll let you decide for yourselves... :buh-bye:

:lol:

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 13, 2014, 11:38:36 AM »
Here's my defense on the selfish front. Given the option to stay with a program aimed at success but taking a minor roll or transfer to a school with very little chance at success and taking a major roll possibly #LIFE decided to leave behind his friends and FAMILY to pursue what? A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.  If not fame then he has to be in control.  If he has as high of a ceiling as you all say, why was he worried he wouldn't see the field as a receiver come the fall?

Also, you obvsly buy into the whole family talking point/marketing tool way too much.

He isn't chasing fame.  He is chasing playing time in actual rough ridin' games.

Will being the starting qb for one year at McNeese State where they go 9-3 help him more than earning a starting WR spot for the 2015 season at K-State when it comes to the draft?

He will have 2 years to play at McNeese State.  One year if he would have went to an FBS school

So, will being the starting qb for two years at McNeese State where they go 9-3 (both seasons) help him more than earning a starting WR spot during the 2014 season and all of the 2015 season at K-State when it comes to the draft?

Well look at it this way.  In 2014 he would be at best 2nd option to studly Lockett.  So he would probably have a minimal impact on stats at WR.  In 2015 we don't even know if we have a QB that can get him the ball.  So if he goes 2 years to McNeese State and has a studly performance both years, then yes it would do better for his draft stock.  At best in my scenario I would see him as a UDFA as WR at KSU. 

As for his work ethic, I have never seen it challenged except for here.  It seems like he is always talking about working/film/etc.. Snyder has never said anything that would make you think otherwise.  So again I wonder if it is all just speculation.  Speculation turns to fact real quickly on message boards.

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 13, 2014, 11:40:42 AM »

I am referring entirely to non game time situations.  Like I said, I am only making assumptions based off past observations with Snyder.  Snyder values how a player contributes in all aspects.  At the end of the day it was still an incredibly selfish decision to transfer by a player you are making out to be a complete saint.

What non-game-time situations are you fabricating? Daniel was fishing?

I am referring entirely to assumptions.  We have a high quality, high talented player.  He is in a system where he will be given a chance to succeed.  He may not be QB, but he will see playing time.  Yet, he is transferring.  He had the opportunity to win the qb position outright and what happened? Someone who all of the Sams humpers think is talentless beat him fair and square. Are you trying to say that Bill or one of his coaching staff had a secret vendetta? That sounds like a harder to fathom fabrication then Sams not trying as hard as he should.

I am not making assumptions; that is almost entirely where I am taking issue with your driveling, you idiot. 

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 13, 2014, 11:41:32 AM »

Well look at it this way.  In 2014 he would be at best 2nd option to studly Lockett.  So he would probably have a minimal impact on stats at WR.  In 2015 we don't even know if we have a QB that can get him the ball.  So if he goes 2 years to McNeese State and has a studly performance both years, then yes it would do better for his draft stock.  At best in my scenario I would see him as a UDFA as WR at KSU. 

As for his work ethic, I have never seen it challenged except for here.  It seems like he is always talking about working/film/etc.. Snyder has never said anything that would make you think otherwise.  So again I wonder if it is all just speculation.  Speculation turns to fact real quickly on message boards.

Agreed.  I was sincerely hoping all the talk about Sams transfer was one of those situations. I currently would trust our staff to figure out a way to get him involved no matter what. So I'd be curious if his decision was predicated on the fact that a member of the coaching staff told him he wouldn't be playing.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 13, 2014, 11:42:43 AM »

I am referring entirely to non game time situations.  Like I said, I am only making assumptions based off past observations with Snyder.  Snyder values how a player contributes in all aspects.  At the end of the day it was still an incredibly selfish decision to transfer by a player you are making out to be a complete saint.

I am referring entirely to assumptions.  We have a high quality, high talented player.  He is in a system where he will be given a chance to succeed.  He may not be QB, but he will see playing time.  Yet, he is transferring.  He had the opportunity to win the qb position outright and what happened? Someone who all of the Sams humpers think is talentless beat him fair and square. Are you trying to say that Bill or one of his coaching staff had a secret vendetta? That sounds like a harder to fathom fabrication then Sams not trying as hard as he should.

I am not making assumptions; that is almost entirely where I am taking issue with your driveling, you idiot.

No you are just placing blame and lashing out to comfort your hurt EMAW deep inside.  I deal with this pain with speculation. It is cathartic for me.

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 13, 2014, 11:46:18 AM »

No you are just placing blame and lashing out to comfort your hurt EMAW deep inside.  I deal with this pain with speculation. It is cathartic for me.

Kind of feel like blaming you for being a piece of crap is justified in this instance.

A PoetWarrior thread doesn't deserve this.

Offline stobblebobby

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:02 AM »
...A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.

I don't care how many times you use cathartic or postulating or any other awesome words you remember from PSAT prep classes, they won't make your posts be any less dumb.

"Postulating" about a player who has shown no evidence but to be extremely EMAW and a big-time team player from day one is not going to go well. Search for "Pullen" and "Stolen Bike" for a good lesson in postulating.

Oh and that McNeese State/chasing fame thing was really rich. Just great stuff. Nearly sock-ish.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 13, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »

Kind of feel like blaming you for being a piece of crap is justified in this instance.

A PoetWarrior thread doesn't deserve this.

I don't think it is justified to call anyone a piece of crap because of their opinion on amateur sports?  I definitely don't think you are one.  Unless you can point out a situation where I said something libelous.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 13, 2014, 11:55:01 AM »
...A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.

I don't care how many times you use cathartic or postulating or any other awesome words you remember from PSAT prep classes, they won't make your posts be any less dumb.

"Postulating" about a player who has shown no evidence but to be extremely EMAW and a big-time team player from day one is not going to go well. Search for "Pullen" and "Stolen Bike" for a good lesson in postulating.

Oh and that McNeese State/chasing fame thing was really rich. Just great stuff. Nearly sock-ish.

:facepalm:  You need to not take my theories so literally, I am only putting them out there for discussion.  It is possible we all are using tunnel vision and that hearing a different viewpoint can crack open whatever it is that is blinding us. I prefer to learn from debate, I find it to be a very healthy way to deal with the hurt I feel over losing someone I really cheered for. (also being from Kansas I only ever took the ACT)

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 13, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
I'm from KS and I took the SAT.   :dunno:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 13, 2014, 12:02:19 PM »
Thought it would be cathartic for me.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 13, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »
Here's my defense on the selfish front. Given the option to stay with a program aimed at success but taking a minor roll or transfer to a school with very little chance at success and taking a major roll possibly #LIFE decided to leave behind his friends and FAMILY to pursue what? A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.  If not fame then he has to be in control. If he has as high of a ceiling as you all say, why was he worried he wouldn't see the field as a receiver come the fall?

Quit being a dumbass.  There are a lot of variables that go into a decision like this... Family (both blood and "K-State family), personal reasons, proximity to loved ones with health issues, playing time, interactions with coach(es), etc.

All play a part and to varying degrees.  It's not nearly as cut & dried as you all want to make it out to be, however.   At the end of the day, there should be some level of happiness/passion that is inherent in playing the game and that was becoming a challenge for our guy.

The likelihood of him getting into the NFL is "iffy" at best.  With that said, he's really got two more years of playing competitive football unless he opts for the arena league.  Assuming that a "Boykin-esque" package was not created for him during the spring, then I understand why he might want to step down to a competitive FCS level team to play the vast majority of the offensive snaps and hopefully make a playoff run.

As a fan/supporter of K-State football, the selfish side of me is sad/angry/disappointed in this news.  However, I also realize how short the window of "football opportunity" stays open.  Lots of kids choose to go play at a level they can stay on the field full-time... It's just rare when it happens like this.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 13, 2014, 12:09:32 PM »
I don't think it is justified to call anyone a piece of crap because of their opinion on amateur sports?  I definitely don't think you are one.  Unless you can point out a situation where I said something libelous.

Snyder historically does not keep players around that poison the well.

:dubious:

You need to not take my theories so literally, I am only putting them out there for discussion.  It is possible we all are using tunnel vision and that hearing a different viewpoint can crack open whatever it is that is blinding us. I prefer to learn from debate, I find it to be a very healthy way to deal with the hurt I feel over losing someone I really cheered for.

What in the wide, wide world of sports? So, in addition to not taking the SAT, it's safe to assume you were never involved in debate ... where you cart around literal cases of evidence.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 13, 2014, 12:14:12 PM »

Snyder historically does not keep players around that poison the well.

:dubious:

You need to not take my theories so literally, I am only putting them out there for discussion.  It is possible we all are using tunnel vision and that hearing a different viewpoint can crack open whatever it is that is blinding us. I prefer to learn from debate, I find it to be a very healthy way to deal with the hurt I feel over losing someone I really cheered for.

What in the wide, wide world of sports? So, in addition to not taking the SAT, it's safe to assume you were never involved in debate ... where you cart around literal cases of evidence.

Taking my quotes out of context helps your point sure, but it just confuses the matter.  In the Midwest, Universities look at the ACT not the SAT so that is what I studied for and took.  I always wanted to do debate, but at my school you couldn't play varsity athletics and be on the debate team because the timing of each overlapped.  I barely got to do forensics because I had to wait till basketball season was over. 

To reiterate my talking point on "poisoning the well" I was inferring that the evidence might support that was why Daniel was transferring.  That idea has since been debunked by the fact that Bill didn't push anyone out, he just didn't play them.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 13, 2014, 12:30:31 PM »
jesus christ, what a terrible performance in this thread
 :Yuck:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2014, 12:32:27 PM »
yard dog is poisoning the goEMAW well

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2014, 12:39:41 PM »

Take your comments to the "Hate on people on goEMAW" thread.  We are talking about football here.

Offline star seed 7

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2014, 12:40:47 PM »

Take your comments to the "Hate on people on goEMAW" thread.  We are talking about football here.

oh, is that what you've been doing?

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2014, 12:42:13 PM »

oh, is that what you've been doing?

Yes.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2014, 12:43:31 PM »
Thought it would be cathartic for me.

Sad I missed this initially.