Author Topic: Antisnyder  (Read 16478 times)

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
Re: Antisnyder
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2014, 08:47:41 AM »
Snyder historically does not keep players around that poison the well.  I can remember one such player that would have made us extremely formidable had he put in any effort: Bryce Brown.  Man I would have loved to see him play a full season as a Wildcat.  But Bill doesn't take excuses and he sure as hell doesn't coddle young men with talent because they are better than anyone.  Bill only cares about developing future leaders, and part of that comes with humility.  I love what our coach stands for. 

It takes a lot of speculation to apply this logic to Daniel Sams. JMHO.

Our coaching staff makes millions of dollars to build and run this football program. They made the decision to go with Waters at QB and therefore Sams thought he had to try to find another position to get on the field. There are plenty of things that could be questioned in the scenario that happened; ie. did Sams get a fair shot at QB? Did Waters earn the spot? What happened from the OSU/BU games to the end of the season to cause the change? I get those questions and they have validity based on the facts that we have (performance stats by both players).

Really, my only question for Sams would be whether or not he really gave the switch to receiver a fair shot. I'm not sure one session of spring practices (about 15) is enough for him (or the coaches) to decide that he clearly wasn't going to have a legitimate shot to be one of our top 3 receivers (which is probably where he needed to be on the field 60% or more of the snaps). Given a summer of work and a full fall practice slate leading up to our first game he may have been able to earn his way into the top 3. Maybe he didn't want to take that chance given what he learned in spring practice. Or maybe he really wants to play quarterback or really wants to be closer to home. Whatever the case, I hope he does well wherever he lands next.

I agree with you 100% It is just frustrating not knowing.  Especially when the player involved was so fun to watch in a K-State uniform. I'd speculate that outside voices told him he should be the star. So when he wasn't going to he made a young person type decision and bailed.  Unfortunately, I think he will regret missing the next two years at K-State, because they are going to be special.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2014, 08:50:22 AM »
Snyder historically does not keep players around that poison the well.  I can remember one such player that would have made us extremely formidable had he put in any effort: Bryce Brown.  Man I would have loved to see him play a full season as a Wildcat.  But Bill doesn't take excuses and he sure as hell doesn't coddle young men with talent because they are better than anyone.  Bill only cares about developing future leaders, and part of that comes with humility.  I love what our coach stands for.

Actually I think Snyder does historically keep players, they just may not play.  Bryce Brown choose to leave because he wasn't getting playing time that he thought he should even though he wouldn't block on pass plays.  Daniel Davis comes to mind of someone with lots of potential that didn't conform to Snyder but still got to stay and didn't play.  Also, who was that stud 5* LB we had that really never played?  I think Snyder keeps even the ones that might be poison around to try and teach them life lessons and to be better men when they graduate.

As for Sams, I don't think any of this applies.  He has never said anything along the lines of "we are trying to get him to do what we like to do" or whatever coach speak he uses to say they aren't listening.  He has said on several occasions that he has done Sams a disservice by not getting him on the field.  So those thoughts by Snyder show that he doesn't think Sams is poison.

Offline OK_Cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2014, 09:25:40 AM »

gtfooh you dumb mother rough rider.  all you had to do was not post stupid crap and you would have flown under the radar and other equally dumbass posters would have taken your spot as resident ding dong.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2014, 09:30:09 AM »

gtfooh you dumb mother rough rider.  all you had to do was not post stupid crap and you would have flown under the radar and other equally dumbass posters would have taken your spot as resident ding dong.

Resident ding dong? Your complaint is that I post.  Yet you postulate that if I didn't supposedly someone else would exactly the same way I do.  So, given this as "fact", you'd just hop on the board to rag on posters anyways.  Why are you antagonizing other posters ok_cat? Did someone hurt you? Did they hurt you bad? Come to papa Yard Dog and tell me alllll about it.

Offline bubbles4ksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Son of Pete
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
poison the well? what a horrible, horrible choice of words to describe sams' role in the program. i'm sure you didn't mean that.

bill doesn't give a crap about developing future leaders. he wants to win football games. he wins by being helping people be more focused and disciplined, which just happens to work well in areas of life besides college football. he is great at instilling discipline but he is also very stubborn and sometimes close-minded or shortsighted.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2014, 10:05:41 AM »
poison the well? what a horrible, horrible choice of words to describe sams' role in the program. i'm sure you didn't mean that.

bill doesn't give a crap about developing future leaders. he wants to win football games. he wins by being helping people be more focused and disciplined, which just happens to work well in areas of life besides college football. he is great at instilling discipline but he is also very stubborn and sometimes close-minded or shortsighted.

I'm only grasping at straws here. Until we have the real answer behind everything we can only make assumptions based off of past observations.  I still find it hard to believe that Sams would transfer.  To me it is an extremely selfish decision.  That leads me to believe maybe #life wasn't the stand up guy we all assumed he was.

Offline 0.42

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • pasghetti
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2014, 10:12:52 AM »

Offline asava

• goEMAW.com Cultural Ambassador and Fashion Consultant
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • It is inside you
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2014, 10:18:07 AM »
You guys do know that Bryce Brown plays in the NFL right?

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2014, 10:19:57 AM »

I'm only grasping at straws here. Until we have the real answer behind everything we can only make assumptions based off of past observations.  I still find it hard to believe that Sams would transfer.  To me it is an extremely selfish decision.  That leads me to believe maybe #life wasn't the stand up guy we all assumed he was.

have you rough ridin' met him? if not, quit defaming his character, jackass.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2014, 11:03:14 AM »
yard dog, you should ask around about how may times Snyder has covered up a good player getting arrested before it became news, and how much he punished them in those situations  (Protip: little to none) .

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2014, 11:11:02 AM »

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THIS BRILLIANT PW VID, OR ANY OF LAST SEASON?!?!?!

Did you see Daniel pumping up the defense during timeouts on third down as being toxic?

You just might be the absolute the rough ridin' worst.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2014, 11:13:31 AM »

Did you see Daniel pumping up the defense during timeouts on third down as being toxic?

I am referring entirely to non game time situations.  Like I said, I am only making assumptions based off past observations with Snyder.  Snyder values how a player contributes in all aspects.  At the end of the day it was still an incredibly selfish decision to transfer by a player you are making out to be a complete saint.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2014, 11:15:31 AM »
Sports are a rare combo of selfish.  No individual drives themselves to be the best they can be because they want it primarily for the team.  They want it for themselves.  They want to play and by doing so, want to win.

You could say every kid on any competitive team is selfish. 

There is a bunch of I's in TEAM.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2014, 11:18:45 AM »

I am referring entirely to non game time situations.  Like I said, I am only making assumptions based off past observations with Snyder.  Snyder values how a player contributes in all aspects.  At the end of the day it was still an incredibly selfish decision to transfer by a player you are making out to be a complete saint.

He's selfish because he's transferring? Go eff yourself.

Offline Katpappy

• I got my eye on you
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Party on gE
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2014, 11:18:53 AM »

Resident ding dong? Your complaint is that I post.  Yet you postulate that if I didn't supposedly someone else would exactly the same way I do.  So, given this as "fact", you'd just hop on the board to rag on posters anyways.  Why are you antagonizing other posters ok_cat? Did someone hurt you? Did they hurt you bad? Come to papa Yard Dog and tell me alllll about it.
He's never been the same since he predicted "It's Patterson" before any other ITK ppl.
Hot time in Kat town tonight.

Offline Ghost of Stan Parrish

• I found my password
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2014, 11:20:03 AM »
Oh damn, the kiss of death.  Sorry Sams.   :frown:

PW curse strikes again.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 11:24:38 AM by Ghost of Stan Parrish »
"I'm thankful our MHK forefathers had the foresight to lynch white dudes so that we might be able to throw up the mob with a clear conscience."

Offline wELLsculptedbrows

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2014, 11:21:46 AM »

What non-game-time situations are you fabricating? Daniel was fishing?   

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2014, 11:23:59 AM »
Here's my defense on the selfish front. Given the option to stay with a program aimed at success but taking a minor roll or transfer to a school with very little chance at success and taking a major roll possibly #LIFE decided to leave behind his friends and FAMILY to pursue what? A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.  If not fame then he has to be in control.  If he has as high of a ceiling as you all say, why was he worried he wouldn't see the field as a receiver come the fall?

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2014, 11:24:32 AM »
dnr

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2014, 11:26:07 AM »
Here's my defense on the selfish front. Given the option to stay with a program aimed at success but taking a minor roll or transfer to a school with very little chance at success and taking a major roll possibly #LIFE decided to leave behind his friends and FAMILY to pursue what? A chance to be the starting QB at McNeese State? Please give me the line of reasoning that this makes sense in.  The logical conclusion IMO is that he is chasing fame.  If not fame then he has to be in control.  If he has as high of a ceiling as you all say, why was he worried he wouldn't see the field as a receiver come the fall?

PPl that are really good at sports like to play sports.  Pretty simple.

Also, you obvsly buy into the whole family talking point/marketing tool way too much.

He isn't chasing fame.  He is chasing playing time in actual rough ridin' games.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2014, 11:27:00 AM »

What non-game-time situations are you fabricating? Daniel was fishing?

I am referring entirely to assumptions.  We have a high quality, high talented player.  He is in a system where he will be given a chance to succeed.  He may not be QB, but he will see playing time.  Yet, he is transferring.  He had the opportunity to win the qb position outright and what happened? Someone who all of the Sams humpers think is talentless beat him fair and square. Are you trying to say that Bill or one of his coaching staff had a secret vendetta? That sounds like a harder to fathom fabrication then Sams not trying as hard as he should.

Offline ydarg2012

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • Snyder 4 President
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2014, 11:28:26 AM »

Also, you obvsly buy into the whole family talking point/marketing tool way too much.

He isn't chasing fame.  He is chasing playing time in actual rough ridin' games.

Will being the starting qb for one year at McNeese State where they go 9-3 help him more than earning a starting WR spot for the 2015 season at K-State when it comes to the draft?

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2014, 11:29:13 AM »
If he wants to be a QB, yes.   

Playing at all usually helps not playing at all unless you go to USC.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2014, 11:29:39 AM »

Most people go to college as a why to get a career.  I think Snyder is honest with kids and will tell them the truth.  I think Sams saw his opportunity to get the career he wanted fading here at KSU due to his talks with Snyder.  Maybe he opted to give himself the best chance at his desired career that he wanted, which was not at KSU.  It will all be speculation because we will never know what Snyder and him talked about.

Offline catz

• Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 11:30:36 AM »

Will being the starting qb for one year at McNeese State where they go 9-3 help him more than earning a starting WR spot for the 2015 season at K-State when it comes to the draft?

He will have 2 years to play at McNeese State.  One year if he would have went to an FBS school