Author Topic: Official Bama Meltdown Thread  (Read 24976 times)

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Official Bama Meltdown Thread
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 09:14:00 AM »
They are going to turn on Nick Saban so hard...so so very hard.  This is going to be 3x as entertaining as it was watching the KU fanbase turn on Roy.

:peek:
@Trogdor_gE

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
  • SEC! SEC! SEC! (except Tennessee, eff them!)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:15 AM »
I would laugh so hard if this happens.  Alabama fans are so entitled.  They are losing their crap over this, especially since that extension is out there and we're having such a great season at Auburn, where we just locked up our coach.

The fact that Franchione, remember him, used Alabama as a stepping stone to Texas A&M and now Saban may use them as a stepping stone to Texas would be way too easy to rub in.  Of course, 'bammers will act like Saban is washed up and needed to go anyway. 

The only fanbase that is almost as delusional as Alabama's, would have to be Texas.  It's a perfect fit.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
I would laugh so hard if this happens.  Alabama fans are so entitled.  They are losing their crap over this, especially since that extension is out there and we're having such a great season at Auburn, where we just locked up our coach.

The fact that Franchione, remember him, used Alabama as a stepping stone to Texas A&M and now Saban may use them as a stepping stone to Texas would be way too easy to rub in.  Of course, 'bammers will act like Saban is washed up and needed to go anyway. 

The only fanbase that is almost as delusional as Alabama's, would have to be Texas.  It's a perfect fit.

:dubious:
bears are fast...

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 09:38:50 AM »
Life is pretty great for Auburn fans right now I bet.

Who would Alabama have to get to come out ahead here?  Urban?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 09:40:08 AM »

Gruden might suffice

Offline EMAWican

• Katpak'r
  • 'Murica
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 09:41:02 AM »
Should I break out all my Y2K supplies again and make a quick grocery run before this becomes official?  Can the interwebery handle that much BBS'en? 

Offline MadCat

• TIME's Person Of The Year - 2006
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 09:42:24 AM »
Should I break out all my Y2K supplies again and make a quick grocery run before this becomes official?  Can the interwebery handle that much BBS'en?

All the trees will be poisoned.   :runaway:

K-STATE0 wins

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
Christ...this was posted on NOVEMBER 11th on tide fans

No more CNS -> texas threads / discussions

It seems like we have a new rumor thread about CNS going to texas every other day now - it's a become a huge distraction (and detraction, imo) on the board, not to mention pretty much flies in the face of our 'no rumors' policy. Therefore we've decided that we're not going to allow any more of these threads during the season (unless Saban leaves before the season is over).

To the hand-wringers: CNS has said multiple times, in a variety of ways, that he's happy at Bama, (as is Ms Terry). By all accounts by those who know them this is also the case. By continuing to post these threads it's not only a distraction from a truly special football season, but it's essentially calling our coach a liar.

Who knows what the future holds? Not me. But for now, unless he leaves, we're instituting an indefinite moratorium on CNS rumor threads.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 09:44:09 AM »
Saban won 3 championships in 4 years.  There is no way to come out ahead if he leaves, despite what they will try to convince themselves.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:13 AM »

Gruden might suffice

It would be one of those two is my guess.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 09:58:31 AM »
Saban won 3 championships in 4 years.  There is no way to come out ahead if he leaves, despite what they will try to convince themselves.

Getting rid of Ms. Terry sounds like a pretty good deal for them at least.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 10:02:31 AM »
They are really rolling with the "Austin is not any better than Tuscalooser" talking point

There is no doubt in my mind that Mack Brown will soon be forced to resign and that he is just putting on a show for the UT fans right now.  I believe Brown wants to "show" the UT fans that he gave it is all until the very end.

I think there is NO (zero) doubt in my mind that Nick Saban is NOT going to Texas.  Major factors why I believe Saban will NOT go to Texas....

1. Money is not a factor anymore but more money is always nice.  BAMA is going to pony up more money - no doubt about that.  The money is just an acknowledgment of his accomplishments relative to others.

2. His age.  He's not getting any younger.  If he was 52 and not 62 then I think the circumstances might be different.

3. His history of moving - A lot of people who have moved several times in their lives finally get tired of moving.  This goes back to age.

4. Legacy - He is leaving his legacy at Alabama.  He screws with it by leaving.  His legacy doesn't just include football.  It includes the state, his impact on the Tuscaloosa local community (Nick's Kids), and the University.

5. His kids/future grandkids are in/at Alabama.

6. He knows what he knows about Alabama.  Starting over at Texas, he doesn't know what he doesn't know - "The grass is always greener on top of the septic tank"

7. Because Tuscaloosa IS better than Austin.  (I know that's hard for the Texans to believe who have been brainwashed their whole life about Texas and have never lived anywhere but Texas and think Texas is some God's gift to the world, which it is NOT).

8. He and his wife (most recently) have said they are staying at Alabama.  Saban has repeatedly said this several times this past year.

I'm sure there are more...

:blank:
Saying Tuscaloosa is nicer than Austin just makes us look silly. However, as HC at Alabama or Texas, one is not able to "go out on the town" (which is kind of sad if you think about it). Additionally, the countryside AROUND Tuscaloosa is much nicer IMO. Most of Tejas is not pretty IMO.

I doubt USC even contacted Saban...They don't seem like they would be willing to open up the vault.

I base this on what Saban has previously said - "I love it here."  Terry Saban has said "We are staying here."  They can move to anywhere in the world, including Austin, but they have chosen not to do so.  They have chosen to stay in little ole Tuscaloosa rather than going to that "great" city on the hill known as Austin.  USC recently inquired of Saban's interest in USC.  Is L.A. better than Tuscaloosa?  Many would say "yes" - the weather, the ocean, Disney Land, etc.,  but it wasn't better to the Saban's.

The tears will be sweet...so sweet! I can already see the tidal wave of tears flowing down the Mobile river.
He's denied it until he's blue in the face.  People have chosen not to believe him.  Texas doesn't want to believe him because they want it to be true.  The arrogance of Texas is that Texas thinks because it is Texas, Texas can buy or get whover or whatever it wants.  Texas is about to find out that Texas is the legend in its own mind.

Bryant-Denny is a HELL of a lot nicer than that erector set of a stadium that the cow sips have.

What can he say that he has not already said? If he says he is staying and this is a lie then everyone except some BAMA fans will remind the world that he said the same thing before coming to BAMA. If he ignores the subject, then he is talking with Texas about leaving. Poor Texas is so desperate to be relevant again that they fuel every rumor there is about Saban. Maybe his way of dealing with this clutter is to ignore it and just do his job.

I use to think aTm was the state of Texas' Auburn. I am beginning to wonder is Texas is the Auburn of the state of Texas.

Offline scottwildcat

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 10:03:44 AM »
i don't even care if CNS runs train on the Big 12. This is great.  :excited:

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 10:18:03 AM »
RE: Nobody has mentioned how badly Mack Brown is being treated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He's done far too much for Texas to be shoved out like this. It's not like he's gone 4-7 in back to back years. Their arrogance is going to bite them in the rear. Ask Nebraska, I bet they would take Solich back in a heartbeat. Or, Miami for forcing Coker out.

Re: Nobody has mentioned how badly Mack Brown is being treated

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't he win there only national title

To give some of you piece of mind,  I speculate that the reason the contract has gone unsigned is because Saban has been on the road recruiting and he has no intentions of going anywhere and is in no rush to take the time to look over the new contract and go through the process of renewing the contract.  I'm sure it's a procedure that takes several hours and with the dead period approaching every hour counts.  I'm certain he is recruiting his tail off and spending every waking hour doing so... just giving some of you some perspective as to why is may not be signed.  We have the hardest working coaching staff in the country and haven't gotten to where we are by our coaches sitting in the office hanging out or going duck hunting. i.e.- Tommy Tuberville.

I think it all boils down to this

There are insane rumors of TX willing to buy the debt of bad business deals, part ownership in the Longhorn Network, $10M/yr salary, and oil wells with his name on them. I know people in Texas, big money people and they are just that arrogant and stupid to do all this for a football coach. Can Bama match all this? The salary yes although I don't think Bama would or should. Buying the debt? Sure, there are enough big money people in the REC to scrape up a measly $24M clams. There aren't many oil wells in Alabama that I know of so that one is hard to match.

I think it boils down to the simple fact that we all know Nick Saban worships the air Ms Terry breathes. I just don't think given that FACT that he would let his wife be made out to be a liar. We all know he could give two shats what the world thinks about him, but NO MAN wants people to think bad of his wife.

Just something I don't think is being considered here.

First off, What do you think Saban and Mrs Terry felt after a writer from Texas says to the world they are 20 million in debt and texas to the rescue, they are passing a hat around to bail them out? That is simply false, They are not 20 million in debt and loosing everything. That crushed their character and I am sure Saban wasnt thrilled with that. A percentage into nothing will pay them nothing, the LHN is a failure, just isnt what they thought. Lastly, Alabama can match the money, I couldnt care less what texas people believe, but I hate to break it to them, Bama can pay him as well. Mrs Terry and Saban have both Stated within the past few weeks that Saban is happy, content and settled. Mrs Terry said that even his coaches that have came with him have stated how remarkably content and happy he is here at Alabama. Saban said himself, there just isnt greener pastures anywhere, A Mars comment rings a bell. They are happy here, They are not leaving. RTR

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 10:34:01 AM »
Tuscaloosa is a crap hole.  It's a very tiny "metropolis" with a university in the middle of it.  Spent a ton of time in T-town, as they refer to it, and a night in Austin and I can honestly say that Tuscaloosa has nothing on it.  Of course, any sane person in the country knows this.  Hence Bama fans' problem with realizing it.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 10:35:48 AM »
House shopping is exhausting. 

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 10:42:18 AM »
House shopping is exhausting. 

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2
yeah but Mrs. Terry has been house shopping for weeks, takes some load off of coach nick saban a bit

Offline lopakman

• Katpak'r
  • #1Wiggins
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 10:47:25 AM »
Tuscaloosa is a crap hole.  It's a very tiny "metropolis" with a university in the middle of it.  Spent a ton of time in T-town, as they refer to it, and a night in Austin and I can honestly say that Tuscaloosa has nothing on it.  Of course, any sane person in the country knows this.  Hence Bama fans' problem with realizing it.

The entire state of Alabama is a shithole.  Best day of my life was when my dad came home and said "Son, we're leaving this shithole state of Alabama and moving to Chicago." 
@lopakman

Offline The_Wippuh

• Plainsman
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
I love my state.  I travel a lot and have seen a lot of the big cities.  They're fun, but give me Birmingham and our bankrupt county, any day of the week.  We have our crappy little towns and medium size cities, just like everyone else.  We just love our college football a little bit more than others.

Chicago is absolutely awesome, I could live there but love where I am.

Tuscaloosa is turrible though.

Offline Dugout DickStone

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • BSPAC
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 11:05:51 AM »
Is Mrs. Terry as big of a c-word as she sounds like?

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 11:29:51 AM »

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 11:44:05 AM »
If they want to compare Tuscaloosa to Texas in general, fine.  Comparing Tuscaloosa to Austin is a complete joke though.

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
bears are fast...

Offline The Tonya Harding of Twitter Users Creep

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2013, 12:15:14 PM »
3. His history of moving - A lot of people who have moved several times in their lives finally get tired of moving.  This goes back to age.

this is so  :lol:
I think what my friend Mitch is trying to say is that true love is blind.