Author Topic: Nick Saban  (Read 15724 times)

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
Re: Nick Saban
« Reply #150 on: January 12, 2024, 07:08:07 PM »
Alabama had 25,000 students when he got there, and 80% of them were instate students.  Now Alabama has 40,000 students and 60% of them are out-of-state students. The biggest student recruiting weekends are football weekends. 

Just in core tuition dollars (before fees and other charges) that's $22,000 more per student per academic year for every out-of-state.

No doubt that it was a huge economic benefit for the University.  Probably a horrible decision for many of those kids to pay that much for an Alabama degree when almost all of them could have gotten just as good of an education for a fraction of the cost if they had stayed in-state.

Well I bet most of those out of state kids are from Florida and Mississippi, so maybe not.

Clearly you haven't heard about the great things DeSantis is doing with the school in Florida...

I posted about it on KSO earlier this week! crap is wild.

I thought was going to be about baseball

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 12, 2024, 07:16:32 PM »
Alabama had 25,000 students when he got there, and 80% of them were instate students.  Now Alabama has 40,000 students and 60% of them are out-of-state students. The biggest student recruiting weekends are football weekends. 

Just in core tuition dollars (before fees and other charges) that's $22,000 more per student per academic year for every out-of-state.

No doubt that it was a huge economic benefit for the University.  Probably a horrible decision for many of those kids to pay that much for an Alabama degree when almost all of them could have gotten just as good of an education for a fraction of the cost if they had stayed in-state.

Well I bet most of those out of state kids are from Florida and Mississippi, so maybe not.

Clearly you haven't heard about the great things DeSantis is doing with the school in Florida...

I posted about it on KSO earlier this week! crap is wild.

I thought was going to be about baseball

Uh, did you watch/listen?

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 12, 2024, 10:47:40 PM »
As a matter of fact, i did.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2024, 09:59:35 AM »
Ah, so you're doing the thing where you see or read something you don't like or disagree with then you're passive aggressive so we go back and forth until we get to the heart of what you're bothered by? You can have it, that was pretty clearly about the New College baseball team.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 15, 2024, 12:02:16 PM »
Ah, so you're doing the thing where you see or read something you don't like or disagree with then you're passive aggressive so we go back and forth until we get to the heart of what you're bothered by? You can have it, that was pretty clearly about the New College baseball team.

Not at all.

I thought it was going to roast Desantis about lying about being a baseball stud. It was about the culture war. Of course Desantis is being bonkers with his culture war stuff.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 15, 2024, 12:03:43 PM »

Not at all.

I thought it was going to roast Desantis about lying about being a baseball stud. It was about the culture war. Of course Desantis is being bonkers with his culture war stuff.

Hmm. It kinda sounds like you're just being super woke.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 15, 2024, 02:26:31 PM »

Not at all.

Another one falls victim to the woke mind virus smdh

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 15, 2024, 02:45:10 PM »

Not at all.

Another one falls victim to the woke mind virus smdh
Whereas the bookburners want all of us asleep.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 15, 2024, 06:04:56 PM »

Not at all.

My bad. There was a little of that at the very beginning.

Offline bshea85

• B.S. Esq.
  • Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 15, 2024, 08:35:41 PM »
I can’t tell if your back and forth banter is high level satire or not, but at this point I’m too afraid to ask.

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2024, 02:08:15 PM »
I can’t tell if your back and forth banter is high level satire or not, but at this point I’m too afraid to ask.

with me and MIR? Anytime I interact with him it's in good faith, he's the same with me. I'm not clever enough for high level satire

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2024, 09:07:01 PM »
so what’s next for saban?  i’d love for kelly ripa to fire her husband, mark consuelos, from Live with Kelly and Mark, and replace him with Saban.

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline EMAWzifried

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2024, 07:01:00 AM »
It's a joy to watch Georgia, A&M, FSU, et al, pick on the carcass of the post-Saban Bama like vultures devouring a dead cape buffalo in the hot midday African sun.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2024, 08:29:51 AM »
so what’s next for saban?  i’d love for kelly ripa to fire her husband, mark consuelos, from Live with Kelly and Mark, and replace him with Saban.

i think he gets a fixer-upper type show on the Magnolia Network

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2024, 02:02:42 PM »

Bust Tommy T's ass one more time and take his seat in the Senate.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Nick Saban
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2024, 02:58:25 PM »

“Savin’ with Saban” -join LHC Nick Saban as he works to rehabilitate blighted homes in the Tuscaloosa area.  Each week the legendary former head coach will rehabilitate a home slotted for demo and save a family from being destroyed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2024, 03:01:48 PM by pissclams »

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline BIG APPLE CAT

• smelly poor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • slide rule enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2024, 03:46:02 PM »

“Savin’ with Saban” -join LHC Nick Saban as he works to rehabilitate blighted homes in the Tuscaloosa area.  Each week the legendary former head coach will rehabilitate a home slotted for demo and save a family from being destroyed.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2024, 05:26:06 PM »
"There is no way you can call that a good flashing install. First of all you didn't install the corner first, awright.  You didn't layer the shingles right on that backside over there, awright, and your kickouts are garbage.  You read those rat poison reviews from your previous jobs and now want me to say it's okay.  It ain't okay, so quit askin!"

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 17, 2024, 06:13:00 PM »
Dax YES!
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 17, 2024, 09:37:47 PM »

Online star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 17, 2024, 09:42:30 PM »
Are those the poor residents or workers?
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline PurpleOil

• Katpak'r
  • Make it rain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2024, 11:03:48 AM »
Is the one guy missing a leg?

Offline catastrophe

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2024, 11:29:14 AM »
Is the one guy missing a leg?
Is the image AI too woke for your tastes?

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2024, 11:46:39 AM »
I see Saban having a fishing show on the outdoor channel.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2024, 12:03:16 PM »
I see Saban having a fishing show on the outdoor channel.

I think he's more of a golfer, but I suppose he could pull that off.