Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 265676 times)

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1600 on: March 26, 2015, 08:32:26 PM »
oscar worried about face, I would guess.  It plays out differently if you report you kicked off your best player rather he is transferring.  It's a power thing, imo.  One looks like you have the control and able to make tough decisions.   The other looks like you are a loser and ppl are bailing.  Perception is super important.
In that case, announcing you're kicking him off the team for substance abuse rather than lazyness or some other unknown makes everyone look better. I mean, most coaches would probably deal with weed rather than an FP, TC, etc. And oscar doesn't look bad because every college coach in history had had to deal with weed use on the team.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: March 26, 2015, 08:34:34 PM »
Maybe.  Doing what he did accomplishes both.  Allows oscar to save face.  Allows marcus the room to give any other team his side of the story and more likelihood of getting signed.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: March 26, 2015, 08:42:21 PM »
I highly doubt Foster transferred. If oscar reported that he kicked Foster off of the team when he actually transferred, Foster would have gone to twitter or something and called oscar out. I mean, that's what I'd do if I was Foster. I would be protecting my own reputation. I think you guys are looking too far into it. Although, I wouldn't put it past oscar to kick him off the team to buy himself more time.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline j-dub

• fattyfest dance champion '14
  • Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • "I wanna get hurt!"
    • View Profile
"I started calling him John during the game, cause he was rocking it like No. 7 -- like Elway," Harper said."

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1605 on: March 26, 2015, 08:57:31 PM »
it's an article, not a podcast

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: March 26, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »
oscar worried about face, I would guess.  It plays out differently if you report you kicked off your best player rather he is transferring.  It's a power thing, imo.  One looks like you have the control and able to make tough decisions.   The other looks like you are a loser and ppl are bailing.  Perception is super important.
In that case, announcing you're kicking him off the team for substance abuse rather than lazyness or some other unknown makes everyone look better. I mean, most coaches would probably deal with weed rather than an FP, TC, etc. And oscar doesn't look bad because every college coach in history had had to deal with weed use on the team.

i'm not really sure that publicly announcing that you are kicking multiple players off of your team for substance abuse makes you or them look better. maybe you are substance abusing? drugs?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: March 26, 2015, 09:10:52 PM »

i'm not really sure that publicly announcing that you are kicking multiple players off of your team for substance abuse makes you or them look better. maybe you are substance abusing? drugs?
It makes them both look better!

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: March 26, 2015, 09:18:23 PM »

It makes them both look better!

i'm not sure oscar telling kstaters that "drugs" are rampant in his program is a great look for him. better to let kk and fitz cast vague shade. plus you aren't factoring in how much of a passive aggressive bitch oscar is.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: March 26, 2015, 09:22:08 PM »
If it was drugs, why not just say it was for drugs? (This is not a oscar specific question, it's just that the speculation is probably worse than reality.)

I thought they would be violating student privacy or something
Nope

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/4/25/5652446/mitch-mcgary-marijuana-suspension-nba-draft-2014

Neither the NCAA nor Michigan released that McGary tested positive for marijuana. There are federal laws preventing universities from doing so, not sure about the NCAA.  Anyway the McGary leak was from either his people or an NBA scout or executive hee interviewed with.

I'm not sure why we're talking so much about weed tests though because it is highly unlikely he was tested since the season ended.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: March 26, 2015, 09:25:03 PM »
If it was drugs, why not just say it was for drugs? (This is not a oscar specific question, it's just that the speculation is probably worse than reality.)

Nope

http://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2014/4/25/5652446/mitch-mcgary-marijuana-suspension-nba-draft-2014

Neither the NCAA nor Michigan released that McGary tested positive for marijuana. There are federal laws preventing universities from doing so, not sure about the NCAA.  Anyway the McGary leak was from either his people or an NBA scout or executive hee interviewed with.

I'm not sure why we're talking so much about weed tests though because it is highly unlikely he was tested since the season ended.

i mean i think that too kind of, but him and tre and that tweet and then they are gone right after they get back? plus stan said he thought the tweet was the final straw or something. i mean man. seems very possible.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: March 26, 2015, 09:26:43 PM »

Nope

Ah

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: March 26, 2015, 09:28:25 PM »

Nope

i mean i think that too kind of, but him and tre and that tweet and then they are gone right after they get back? plus stan said he thought the tweet was the final straw or something. i mean man. seems very possible.

Yeah, I think they canned him because of the tweet without a test.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: March 26, 2015, 09:33:36 PM »

Nope

ok. i'll take your guess over mine on this. still what kind of coach is just waiting for a reason to do this? seems weird. i mean a rough ridin' tweet of two guys on a beach and that's your final straw. jesus. make them run two thousand stairs or quit. be an adult and coach a team.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2015, 09:38:30 PM »

Nope

ok. i'll take your guess over mine on this. still what kind of coach is just waiting for a reason to do this? seems weird. i mean a rough ridin' tweet of two guys on a beach and that's your final straw. jesus. make them run two thousand stairs or quit. be an adult and coach a team.

Bless oscar for sending a message. :whistle1:

Also it's fair to assume that Marcus got a last chance warning of some sort, no?

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: March 26, 2015, 09:40:06 PM »
Jevon finds out he is off the team via Twitter , gets reinstated for the big12 tourney, transfers.    Lol. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: March 26, 2015, 09:41:43 PM »
The Jevon transfer is pretty much the only thing that makes sense.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: March 26, 2015, 09:48:48 PM »
Jevon finds out he is off the team via Twitter , gets reinstated for the big12 tourney, transfers.    Lol.

he didn't go to padre for spring break.

"kansas state university...where you can lose your scholarship for going to padre and taking a picture of yourself with a bird and a friend"

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: March 26, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
Fake lizard, you mean.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1620 on: March 26, 2015, 09:50:35 PM »

"kansas state university...where you can lose your scholarship for going to padre and taking a picture of yourself with a bird and a friend"

Is the bird some kind of weird metaphor you cooked up?
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:19 PM »
Maybe oscar's position is that they weren't supposed to go on spring break at all, because they theoretically should've still been playing.

Dumb to be OK with them going on spring break but then being mad that they drank, smoked, went on a beach, handled a fake lizard, tweet'd pics of it or any combination thereof.  That's the spring break itinerary.

Offline puniraptor

• Tastemaker
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • nostalgic reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: March 26, 2015, 09:52:31 PM »
Lizards = birds #JurassPark

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: March 26, 2015, 09:54:56 PM »

Is the bird some kind of weird metaphor you cooked up?

bird=lizard. i'm pretty fostered right now.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: March 26, 2015, 09:56:10 PM »
Stoned age facts.  Birds are dinos.