Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 265698 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1500 on: March 25, 2015, 07:08:08 PM »
It just seems like he was a kid with a serious chip on the shoulder/bad attitude. He was very talented and I wish he was staying. I'm no fan of oscar but let's not pretend Marcus didn't bring some of this on himself.

It's amazing how no one thought he had a bad attitude until about January of this year. Maybe sys did.

I put most of it on oscar early on, but then I reached a point where clearly Marcus was at least partially responsible. I'd even say if Marcus was really as bad as some are making it out to be, oscar should have gotten rid of him a long time ago. 

But overall, oscar is proving to be a terrible manager of his roster and recruiting as now only 44% of his high school recruits are still at K-State. I mean, people bring up Frank, but he didn't have this rate and he was getting rid of (mostly) transfers. I think its worse to consistently miss on high school recruits as opposed to transfers/JUCOs.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: March 25, 2015, 07:11:02 PM »
I think its worse to consistently miss on high school recruits as opposed to transfers/JUCOs.

ethically, i think it's much worse to run off a transfer.  and martin tried to make all his juco recruits burn a rs before they got here, so they were in the same boat.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: March 25, 2015, 07:12:09 PM »
I think its worse to consistently miss on high school recruits as opposed to transfers/JUCOs.

ethically, i think it's much worse to run off a transfer.  and martin tried to make all his juco recruits burn a rs before they got here, so they were in the same boat.

I agree, I just think its worse for the program to miss on high school kids.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: March 25, 2015, 07:13:07 PM »
Where does Malek come into play in this version? Also, oscar should have oscar'd them as soon as the plane landed if that was true.

obviously, either the wrong harris was suspended or kicked off the team.  one more reason to take care of these things as they occur, before memories grow fuzzy.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: March 25, 2015, 07:14:09 PM »
Has there been any actual info other than tucks guessing, about anything marcus did that we didn't already know about? 

I have only heard the  Fitz bullshit. 

So far, all we know is that oscar recruits kids, can't coach them, and then runs them.  Even if marcus is a rough ridin' monster this is a pattern that simply getting rid of marcus doesn't resolve.  If we want marcus to share blame, fine, kick him off, but that only solves one side of this equation (and it's the small side).  Doing what has been done, and nothing else, just means we will see this repeat.  If it doesn't repeat, it is because we have become irrelevant and recruiting is horrible.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: March 25, 2015, 07:14:47 PM »
I just think its worse for the program to miss on high school kids.

yeah, probably.  you only have to be right on a couple a year though.  the real problem is that foster is the only one that it seemed like weber had gotten right.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: March 25, 2015, 07:15:59 PM »
Has there been any actual info other than tucks guessing, about anything marcus did that we didn't already know about? 

I have only heard the  Fitz bullshit. 

So far, all we know is that oscar recruits kids, can't coach them, and then runs them.  Even if marcus is a rough ridin' monster this is a pattern that simply getting rid of marcus doesn't resolve.  If we want marcus to share blame, fine, kick him off, but that only solves one side of this equation (and it's the small side).  Doing what has been done, and nothing else, just means we will see this repeat.  If it doesn't repeat, it is because we have become irrelevant and recruiting is horrible.

Yeah, Marcus as an isolated incident isn't as big to me. I mean, yeah, you don't want to lose your best player, but if he's truly a problem so be it. But the consistent misses on high school guys, or even recruiting guys like Orris and Jack in the first place, is a big problem.

Offline wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: March 25, 2015, 07:21:07 PM »
how little respect does oscar command from his own team that someone would even consider doing the crap alleged against marcus.  NFW someone on franks team tries any of it.  90% of the elite 8 team probably got HAF on the regular but never in such dumbass circumstances.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: March 25, 2015, 07:23:41 PM »
how little respect does oscar command from his own team that someone would even consider doing the crap alleged against marcus.  NFW someone on franks team tries any of it.  90% of the elite 8 team probably got HAF on the regular but never in such dumbass circumstances.
Nothing says idgaf anymore than ht boxing a team plane. :lol:

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: March 25, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
how do you have time to listen to multiple sports podcasts, mir?

I don't listen to the radio. I listen to sports podcasts and music that I download. Most radio shows are podcasted, like Keitzman so I don't have to listen to commercials or crap that disinterests me. I'm sitting at my desk right now answering email, making phone calls, reading this meassage board, and listening to the Fitz interview from earlier. I listen to anywhere between 2 and 6 hours of podcasts a day while working or driving.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: March 25, 2015, 07:27:11 PM »
I can't listen to podcasts while I work and pay attention

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: March 25, 2015, 07:30:56 PM »
tre harris probably dnp'd in three consecutive games at some point during the season, correct?

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: March 25, 2015, 07:37:16 PM »
tre harris probably dnp'd in three consecutive games at some point during the season, correct?
Easily

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: March 25, 2015, 07:39:48 PM »

8 actually.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: March 25, 2015, 07:42:00 PM »
that's good to know.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: March 25, 2015, 07:48:08 PM »
i mean, i was all over that 3 games = 10% crap when the suspension occurred.  it wouldn't be logically consistent of me not to consider that weber may not have wanted to dismiss these players from team.

oth, foster played in the final game.  what kind of idiot program would test players after the season ended?  no one would do that.

Offline Benja

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: March 25, 2015, 07:54:58 PM »
I can't listen to podcasts while I work and pay attention

Me neither. I would if I could.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: March 25, 2015, 08:01:28 PM »

the smoke alarm rumor is awesome
i'm guessing he's addicted and couldn't wait

Smoke alarms in hotels sometimes go off when you tamper with them too.   :shy:

lol

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: March 25, 2015, 08:20:35 PM »
So I absolutely love the "if you did that in my work place and you worked for me" talking points.

Unless you work in the rough ridin' entertainment biz handling talent, shut the eff up.  Your " mentoring" of the claims adjustment staff does not rough ridin' apply here.  Go fill out your balanced rough ridin' score card, haul in your canned goods, and pitch in on the new associate training program and shut the eff up about the entertainment business.

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: March 25, 2015, 09:02:52 PM »
So I absolutely love the "if you did that in my work place and you worked for me" talking points.

Unless you work in the rough ridin' entertainment biz handling talent, shut the eff up.  Your " mentoring" of the claims adjustment staff does not rough ridin' apply here.  Go fill out your balanced rough ridin' score card, haul in your canned goods, and pitch in on the new associate training program and shut the eff up about the entertainment business.

don't talk about my dad like that :frown:

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1520 on: March 25, 2015, 10:58:49 PM »
Guys, Gary Parrish's podcast is great. Today's podcast he said that Marcus did have a family member that was causing problems but it wasn't with being in Marcus' ear but said family member was "a real pain in the ass" to the coaching staff. Gary and the other guys on the podcast also said that he likely won't get a waiver to play next year under the runoff rule but the NCAA sometimes does unpredictable stuff. K-State has to essentially vouch for Marcus for him to even have a chance

He also said that oscar is on the hot seat.

Heard all of that in 2 minutes, and some of you rubes had to listen to Keitz for 90 minutes to get jack crap.

It's far and away the most informative and entertaining cbb podcast and one of the top 3 sports one overall that I listen to:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/cbssports.com-eye-on-college/id268800565?mt=2
http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/cbssportscom-eye-on-college-basketball-podcast
http://www.cbssports.com/podcast

I now know how much gold could theoretically fit in a Brinks truck, so I've got that going for me.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: March 26, 2015, 01:33:15 AM »
the smoke alarm rumor is awesome
i'm guessing he's addicted and couldn't wait

Smoke alarms in hotels sometimes go off when you tamper with them too.   :shy:

I'm going out by myself again.  See you guys tomorrow.

:lol:

Offline felix rex

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Knows what Brent did
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:54 AM »

also, despite chingon's best efforts, i feel there is a reasonable opportunity to get weber gone after next year.  a realistic scenario i can root for, that's all i ask.

This will pretty much be the only reason I watch/check scores next year.
"How will I recruit to Manhattan? Well, distance. And the proud state of basketball. It start there, and then daily flights to Dallas, because I'm really good at going out. Like top five good. Ask my wife. She wants me to be happy."

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:25 AM »
he could be gone next, I doubt it now.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: March 26, 2015, 09:23:07 AM »