Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 265672 times)

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1275 on: March 05, 2015, 12:17:46 PM »

He ended up playing for the Sioux City Explorers when he flamed out and I met him cause I was a bat boy one game.  :peek:

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #1276 on: March 05, 2015, 12:20:11 PM »
When a player's best trait is making threes and they go nearly a month and a half of the season and aren't even hitting 20% of those shots while shooting over 6 per game, its okay to sit him. And it reaches a point where they probably aren't your "best player" anymore. It doesn't mean they can't be again, but its pretty clear there was an attempt to let Marcus play/shoot through his issues and it simply hasn't happened. Meanwhile, he's a had a few games where did some other nice things (defense, rebounding), but by and large he simply hasn't been very good since before his suspension happened.

I agree 100%, but you're betraying the stat psuedo-wonks!!!
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 05, 2015, 12:20:59 PM »
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- Former Boston Red Sox and Sioux City Explorers pitcher Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd says he probably pitched under the influence of cocaine "at every ballpark" during his 10-year career.

"There wasn't one ballpark that I probably didn't stay up all night, until 4 or 5 in the morning, and the same thing is in your system," Boyd said in an interview with Jon Miller of WBZ radio in Boston. "It ain't like you had time to go and do it while you were in the game, which I have (done) that."
:love:

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 05, 2015, 12:24:47 PM »
I hope Foster stays but during this upcoming summer becomes militant and starts making personal demonstrations during next season's national anthems.
what should he change his name to?  Is Osama Barak Muhammad too over the top?

oil can boyd

:lol:

Fosz2

i don't go to GPC so i was really hoping i got that one right

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 05, 2015, 12:25:21 PM »

When a player's best trait is making threes and they go nearly a month and a half of the season and aren't even hitting 20% of those shots while shooting over 6 per game, its okay to sit him. And it reaches a point where they probably aren't your "best player" anymore. It doesn't mean they can't be again, but its pretty clear there was an attempt to let Marcus play/shoot through his issues and it simply hasn't happened. Meanwhile, he's a had a few games where did some other nice things (defense, rebounding), but by and large he simply hasn't been very good since before his suspension happened.

That's a different argument. If you think he's now a 20% shooter, you probably shouldn't play him at all.

As a sophomore, I think you play him as much as possible to work through the obvious funk he is in. I think oscar has done that. I think it reaches a point where you have to put your more productive players on the floor. I think oscar has done that.

I don't think oscar handled Foster perfectly, but those issues probably started last year or even the end of the last season and oscar didn't catch them in time to correct them when they should have been corrected. He's paying the consequences for that now and it might end with him losing potentially best player that he has in the program.

Is Foster less effective because he just got worse/lazy, or is it a failure of the staff to adjust to how Big 12 teams defended him this year?

Basically, if your best player is no longer your best player, do you change how you use him, or just play him less?

Hey socrates, why don't you try and answer your own questions?

K, thx.

P.S.
You'd look like less of a dumbass if you just acknowledged that oscar sitting foster worked out well enough to beat the #8 and #12 ranked teams in the country back-to-back..  Something that good probably happens about none times per year to any team.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 05, 2015, 12:27:23 PM »
oscar played Foster 27 minutes against KU. :dunno:

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 05, 2015, 12:28:26 PM »

So you didn't even watch the game.  Good grief

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 05, 2015, 12:46:14 PM »
I hope Foster stays but during this upcoming summer becomes militant and starts making personal demonstrations during next season's national anthems.

oil can boyd

Fosz2

It was imperfectly perfect.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 05, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »

Should he have played less?

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 05, 2015, 12:56:25 PM »

Should he have played MOAR???

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 05, 2015, 01:06:39 PM »

Should he have played MOAR???

I think 27 minutes is about right for Foster. I was curious what you thought.

Offline TheFormerKCCat

• DoD/Early 90s Era EMAWr
  • Combo-Fan
  • Loyal to a fault
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 05, 2015, 02:27:58 PM »
So let me see if I got this right:
Marcus got busted for coke and converted to Islam while in jail? Any other details I left out?
I'm in it purely for the entertainment value.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 05, 2015, 02:35:30 PM »

oil can boyd

Fosz2

Close enough

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 05, 2015, 02:38:06 PM »
If Foster is truly as bad a person as oscar is leading people to believe (I'm assuming that he's at least somewhat responsible for the picture that the media has painted of Marcus), and this "change" happened at the end of last season, then he should have been kicked off the team during the summer or fall practice. oscar would be a dipshit to keep a malcontent around that long, knowing that it would have a good chance of derailing this season.

100% unfair to put the bullshit Fitz is spewing on oscar. You also shouldn't attribute this garbage to the media, this crap isn't coming from anywhere else from GPC.

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 05, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
If Foster is truly as bad a person as oscar is leading people to believe (I'm assuming that he's at least somewhat responsible for the picture that the media has painted of Marcus), and this "change" happened at the end of last season, then he should have been kicked off the team during the summer or fall practice. oscar would be a dipshit to keep a malcontent around that long, knowing that it would have a good chance of derailing this season.

100% unfair to put the bullshit Fitz is spewing on oscar. You also shouldn't attribute this garbage to the media, this crap isn't coming from anywhere else from GPC.

Agree with MIR. Fitz and whoever the other yes men are on the podcast were basing it on their observations from the locker room and interviews, not quoting oscar or specific evidence. 

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: March 05, 2015, 03:54:09 PM »
their observations from the locker room and interviews

and the part of their minds that's working on what would play well to their audience.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 05, 2015, 04:42:47 PM »

oscar hasn't done anything to defend Marcus to anybody, all year long. To assume that he's talking glowingly about him off the record is naive, imo. Also, Fitz is not the only person talking about Marcus' "people" and what supposedly happened this summer/late last year. The Lebron camp being some sort of an issue was mentioned during at least a couple television broadcasts this year, and although not nearly as vile as Fitz, the media in general has chosen to put a large part of this season's blame at the feet of Marcus Foster, without having any idea why he was suspended. Several announcers have talked about Marcus' need to grow up, and that if he listens to upstanding citizen oscar Weber, then he will surely find himself on the right path in life. I have a hard time believing oscar had nothing to do with the general attitude people outside the program have toward Marcus Foster.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline chum1

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 05, 2015, 04:55:06 PM »
Fran Fraschilla. At the same time, it's good to acknowledge that Fitz does nothing except talk out of his ass.

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 05, 2015, 04:58:42 PM »
Yeah, Fran really threw Marcus under the bus during at least one broadcast this year. Talked about the Lebron camp and how his people were in his ear about playing PG in the league. It sounded exactly like what Fitz is saying. Which makes me think that it's coming from one of the coaches, maybe it's not oscar, but oscar sure hasn't done anything to stop any of the wild speculation.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 05, 2015, 05:25:56 PM »
The notion that Foster needs "people" to make him realize that he would have a better chance of making the league as a point guard is pretty insulting by itself. I mean, no crap.

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 05, 2015, 06:28:37 PM »
The notion that Foster needs "people" to make him realize that he would have a better chance of making the league as a point guard is pretty insulting by itself. I mean, no crap.

Fran didn't say anything about people in his ear, he did talk about Marcus playing point guard at the skills camp, Fitz and his customer base decided to take it the step further and bring up shadowy "people" and "handlers."

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 05, 2015, 06:49:37 PM »

Fran didn't say anything about people in his ear, he did talk about Marcus playing point guard at the skills camp, Fitz and his customer base decided to take it the step further and bring up shadowy "people" and "handlers."

well, it's still insulting without even getting into the junior-racist "handler" accusations.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 05, 2015, 07:24:15 PM »

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 05, 2015, 07:38:51 PM »
So am I reading correctly?  Bringing up "handlers" and "his people" in and of itself, is . . . racist? 

I just want to be sure that, well, a facet of the modern game of college/high school/AAU basketball that has been, well, to say the least, been extremely well documented over the course of time . . . to discuss it, is . . . racist?

Mmkay.
I said it was "junior racist".

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 05, 2015, 07:48:33 PM »
So, if I say that Mike Beasley had advisors/people/handlers (which he did), I'm a (gulp) a "junior racist"?

almost