Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 265670 times)

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #875 on: February 09, 2015, 04:01:33 PM »
andre mcdonald got suspended for the ou game in '09 for basically the same thing, not that he would have played much anyway.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #876 on: February 09, 2015, 04:03:50 PM »
Sounds like Marcus was fostering some inappropriate relationships

2 for 2

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 09, 2015, 04:05:45 PM »
Sounds like Marcus was fostering some inappropriate relationships

2 for 2

I wonder if "handlers" were involved. :fatty:

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 09, 2015, 04:07:39 PM »
Be warned, the following opinion might be slightly tuckish / not "cool"

In fairness this suspension shouldn't be held against the coach. What you can blame Weber for is not coaching these guys to want to play hard and be responsible adults. It frustrates me because Marcus is really talented but I don't how to feel about his obvious complete disregard for the behavior expected of a scholarship athlete. Foster's MO is that he was super talented but overlooked. That he came to K-State to prove all the doubters wrong. I remember how excited he was to have the BTF because he could go shoot whenever he wanted and train really hard. Now he is going to piss that away to do dumb crap with his friends? That is fine if you are just some guy getting his art degree over the course of six years (guilty right here) but for someone who is the face of a program at a university that loves integrity. . . it is not appropriate whatsoever.

I can only think if Brad were here he would have straightened him out at the first sign of trouble. And inspired him to want to be something better. 

Offline sunny_cat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • eff off
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 09, 2015, 04:11:09 PM »
dnr but you don't have to preface your posts with "slightly tuckish" ydarg.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #880 on: February 09, 2015, 04:12:21 PM »
Does our university love integrity?  Really?

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 09, 2015, 04:13:32 PM »
yard dog trolling is very tedious.  #yarddogging 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 09, 2015, 04:14:16 PM »
I thought it was a very cool post, yard dog.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 09, 2015, 04:15:13 PM »
Does our university love integrity?  Really?

You are right. I should have worded it that our university thrives on the appearance of integrity as a core value.

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 09, 2015, 04:20:11 PM »
I thought it was a very cool post, yard dog.

I appreciate it. :cheers:

As someone who loved playing sports but who would have barely made the roster at Bethel, it always gets under my skin when extremely talented kids piss away the opportunity to do something really special at the next level. And my extremely high monthly student loan payments means it gets under my skin that they are willing to throw away that full ride and meals at the Training Table. Kids will be kids, but it is EMAW not EBAW.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 09, 2015, 04:20:56 PM »
Like prairie dogging but with words on a bbs.  He keeps on sticking that turd out there and yanking it back until he gets a response.  #yarddogging
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 09, 2015, 04:25:59 PM »
i didn't read Yard Dog's post but yeah, if that's true then they absolutely deserved to be suspended because they're rough ridin' idiots.

Offline HerrSonntag

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 09, 2015, 04:34:47 PM »
I'm a little torn on this kinda thing.

On the one hand, if you think KSU has never had student athletes pull this kinda stuff, you're crazy.   On the other hand I had do watch a very hungover Josh Freeman mump up and lose a home game to KU because Prince let him do whatever he wanted.

Frank woulda just made him run lotsa stairs... is oscar anti-stairs?  Bottom line is oscar is a pussy and no one respects him. 

You can get mad at Marcus all you want, talk about what a waste of talent he is, but Marcus doesn't make a seven figure salary to be there, oscar is.  It's Bruces job to get this crap figured out not piss away the season in the process.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 09, 2015, 04:40:08 PM »
i didn't read Yard Dog's post but yeah, if that's true then they absolutely deserved to be suspended because they're rough ridin' idiots.

For trying to party on the dl?  They are college kids in addition to being oscar's indentured servants.  You should probably scream at them for having erections next.  Weirdo. 

Offline Kat Kid

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 09, 2015, 04:44:59 PM »
Hey everyone wouldnt it be weird that both Marcus and Malek got suspended 3 games which just happens to be the # of games people are suspended for a failed drug test?

Offline Yard Dog

• Baller on a Budget
  • Katpak'r
  • I am DC Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 09, 2015, 04:46:18 PM »

For trying to party on the dl?  They are college kids in addition to being oscar's indentured servants.  You should probably scream at them for having erections next.  Weirdo.

There is a vast difference from partying on the dl in mhk on a random night and sneaking out to party from the team hotel at an away game.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 09, 2015, 05:08:44 PM »
why wouldn't the players travel with the team when suspended?  if i were the coach i'd certainly want them as connected to the team as possible during their suspensions.  and i'd also want them to not miss practice (i don't believe they have to miss practice, dunno).

iirc correctly, the martin players that sat out their three games were on the bench.  it's weird to me that that the current players aren't on the bench.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 09, 2015, 05:09:46 PM »
why wouldn't the players travel with the team when suspended?  if i were the coach i'd certainly want them as connected to the team as possible during their suspensions.  and i'd also want them to not miss practice (i don't believe they have to miss practice, dunno).

iirc correctly, the martin players that sat out their three games were on the bench.  it's weird to me that that the current players aren't on the bench.
Were in the locker room.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 09, 2015, 05:10:04 PM »
Hey everyone wouldnt it be weird that both Marcus and Malek got suspended 3 games which just happens to be the # of games people are suspended for a failed drug test?

kstaters, kk.  you just can't save them from themselves.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 09, 2015, 05:11:05 PM »
Were in the locker room.

right.  that's weird.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 09, 2015, 05:27:21 PM »

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 09, 2015, 05:27:45 PM »

yes, to your question. they are idiots if they snuck out and "tried to party" the night before a game on the road.

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 09, 2015, 05:28:59 PM »

there may be other things that 'require' 3 game suspensions, but i do agree with what you're saying.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 09, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
Here's what I know of KSU hoops road trips under oscar:

Dave & Busters (KCK) when in KC.
That rough ridin' awful "steakhouse" in Ames.
McDonald's in Brazil.

That said, obviously it's a 3-game drug suspension that had nothing to do with Lubbock.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 09, 2015, 05:41:13 PM »

yes, to your question. they are idiots if they snuck out and "tried to party" the night before a game on the road.

Look sneaking out doesn't mean they got shitty drunk and came stumbling back in no condition to play the next day, so #leanback on your snarky quotation marks.  Having a curfew in college isn't common for the overwheming majority of students.  It's not surprising that they might try to break it on occasion. 

I get that they're just supposed to suck oscar's crap because the system says so, but I don't think that makes them rough ridin' idiots.  I could envision a scenario where if oscar Weber were telling me what to do in college I might have issues with it even if it ran counter to my best interests.  I would imagine that the urge to say eff your crap oscar is pretty overwhelming at times.  You're quite the judgy sonofabitch on this.