Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 267372 times)

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #725 on: February 05, 2015, 02:15:37 PM »
100% honest it was not a direct shot at you personally, but at everyone associated with that site. Yes, I know you are associated, but I am not singling you out in particular.  I seriously doubt that makes you feel better though.

Well, I appreciate the honesty.

Those that run the site and provide direction can't please everyone, and I really have no say in anything any longer.  So, I can't take offense.  I apologize.

I'm not going to defend what Curtis wrote.  I don't agree with it, and we'll discuss that at a later time.  My main objection is the same objection that you alluded to, and that's that we don't know what Marcus said/did to earn the suspension.  From my perspective, on the court, he's been a very solid player and good teammate since the OSU game.  I can't be critical of someone if I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.  God knows that if I played for oscar I'd have visible attitude issues, personally.  Not saying Marcus does, but I most definitely would.

He is not playing better than last year and that is disappointing. Memory tells me he was way better defensively last year when we had him on the ball.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 05, 2015, 02:51:02 PM »
This is pretty much Todd Stewart writing about Manny Dies recycled.
Big difference is that was funny. I mean, he didn't really think Manny Dies was the worst basketball player in the world.

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 05, 2015, 02:52:08 PM »
yeah, an article claiming any person is the worst basketball player in the world has my support no matter who it's about

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 05, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »
Is there a link to this Manny Dies article? I mean, I know it was written before the internet but maybe someone somewhere scanned a copy?

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 05, 2015, 03:04:29 PM »
All of the "is that what you want, Marcus?" Is really childish and lame.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:11:17 PM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 05, 2015, 03:06:13 PM »
Is there a link to this Manny Dies article? I mean, I know it was written before the internet but maybe someone somewhere scanned a copy?

Nope, just ramifications of the article: http://cjonline.com/stories/050997/dies.html

Offline Cartierfor3

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I just want us all to be buds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 05, 2015, 03:11:20 PM »
oh my goodness that is wonderfully amazing.

Offline SleepFighter

• Katpak'r
  • I'll wait here for my Cherry Coke Zero.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 05, 2015, 03:15:35 PM »
FTS!

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 05, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »

Nope, just ramifications of the article: http://cjonline.com/stories/050997/dies.html

What a great account of a breathtaking event.

Also,

Dies and Vasiljevic were accused of assaulting Kansas State Collegian columnist Todd Stewart in May 1997. Stewart1s Jan. 27, 1997, column described Dies as the "worst" college basketball player ever.

"Now bear in mind I am not saying K-State basketball, or NCAA I-A basketball but college basketball history," he wrote. "He is the worst."

I wonder if Todd Stewart or Jeremy Kelley read the board.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline Trim

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Pfizer PLUS Moderna and now Pfizer Bivalent
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 05, 2015, 03:18:03 PM »
Surely the original's on microfilm or something that someone could get from campus.

Offline meow meow

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 05, 2015, 03:20:32 PM »

He uses, Marcus, a lot in his article.  It's like he has set the young man down, and is giving, Marcus, a stern talking to.  What a hack.

Also, what is Bring on the Cats?

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23:34 PM »

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 05, 2015, 03:23:56 PM »

He uses, Marcus, a lot in his article.  It's like he has set the young man down, and is giving, Marcus, a stern talking to.  What a hack.

Also, what is Bring on the Cats?

Yes, I don't like it.

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 05, 2015, 03:26:11 PM »
We should really be PI'ing kitchen way more for this. He has a history of writing articles that expose 19 year old kids (parrot14 being one of them) to harassment.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 05, 2015, 03:26:59 PM »
We should really be PI'ing kitchen way more for this. He has a history of writing articles that expose 19 year old kids (parrot14 being one of them) to harassment.

More info, please.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 05, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 05, 2015, 03:28:20 PM »

Offline steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 05, 2015, 03:33:27 PM »

More info, please.

Known hero Parrot14 texted Michael Dixon the morning before the mizzou game after the Cotton Bowl and was giving him crap about something. Dixon tweeted his number and said "this k-state fan is messing with me give him a call" and CK googled it and saw it was linked to his position on campus. So CK writes an article exposing his name and other info. Then stuff about him, his gf and his parents was being talked about on the phog, tigerboard and other places.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 05, 2015, 03:35:32 PM »
I'm not sure I feel that bad for a guy that gets harassed for harassing someone
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 05, 2015, 03:37:30 PM »
I'm not sure I feel that bad for a guy that gets harassed for harassing someone

yeah not at all.  parrot14 sounds like a bitchface. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 05, 2015, 03:41:17 PM »

More info, please.

Known hero Parrot14 texted Michael Dixon the morning before the mizzou game after the Cotton Bowl and was giving him crap about something. Dixon tweeted his number and said "this k-state fan is messing with me give him a call" and CK googled it and saw it was linked to his position on campus. So CK writes an article exposing his name and other info. Then stuff about him, his gf and his parents was being talked about on the phog, tigerboard and other places.

http://kcsportsnation.com/2012/01/octagon-of-doom-mu-kstate-bball-preview-links-k-state-mike-dixon-twitter-war/

Offline EMAWmeister

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Livin' it up
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 05, 2015, 03:45:49 PM »

More info, please.

http://kcsportsnation.com/2012/01/octagon-of-doom-mu-kstate-bball-preview-links-k-state-mike-dixon-twitter-war/

He edited that one. There was one titled "Parrot14, K-State Fraternity Rush Chair, wants to recruit Mike Dixon" or something

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 05, 2015, 03:52:32 PM »
Sports media personalities are some of the worst human beings on the planet. Their fake sense of moral superiority over a bunch of teenagers is disgusting. Especially guys like Curtis Kitchen, who don't really have anything to gain by doing this, except the thrill of denigrating a person he perceives as inferior to himself. You're a big man Curt, sorry life didn't turn out how you thought it would, why don't you talk crap on some more teenagers...that'll probably make you feel better  :jerk:
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #749 on: February 05, 2015, 03:56:19 PM »
Listen guys, I am sure Kitchen is well connected into the program and knows more about what is going on than what he saw on TV.