Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 267401 times)

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #326 on: July 28, 2014, 12:03:44 PM »
what a great article written by known emaw stud rob dauster.  it would have been nice for de oscar da stud to get some love from dauster for sticking by foster and also for developing him into the stud that he is today.  #TresStuds

now that proven studfinder de oscar has been id'd as true stud detective, makes you wonder who will be de oscar's next stud that he pulls out of his quiver and shocks the college basketball world with on the cover of ksu stud magazine #who?

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • T-Shirt KSU Football Fan, Loves Lawrence and KU
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 28, 2014, 12:29:39 PM »
what a great article written by known emaw stud rob dauster.  it would have been nice for de oscar da stud to get some love from dauster for sticking by foster and also for developing him into the stud that he is today.  #TresStuds

now that proven studfinder de oscar has been id'd as true stud detective, makes you wonder who will be de oscar's next stud that he pulls out of his quiver and shocks the college basketball world with on the cover of ksu stud magazine #who?

At first, I thought the same thing, clams.  NO respect for Weber.  But, then I reread it, and I think the ol' Dauster Dog knows that EVERYONE KNOWS who coaches the KSU wildcats. 

“My coach always tells me that if I want to go to the next level I’m going to have to be a point because I’m only 6-foot-2,” Foster said. “It’s something that I have to do. Being a point guard is kind of new to me, but I picked up some point guard things.”

Like what?

“Pick-and-roll stuff, ball-handling stuff, getting the ball up the court [without dribbling], how to split traps, stuff like that.”

Basically, Dauster Dog (aka "The Dog") was thinking "If I type 'oscar Weber' here, it is like pointing out that Mary was the mother of Jesus....duh."  The Dog gets it.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 28, 2014, 01:02:45 PM »
The article didn't mention our guy Gip. He was fantastic before he hurt his shoulder, we are going to be very salty.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 28, 2014, 01:33:07 PM »

At first, I thought the same thing, clams.  NO respect for Weber.  But, then I reread it, and I think the ol' Dauster Dog knows that EVERYONE KNOWS who coaches the KSU wildcats. 

“My coach always tells me that if I want to go to the next level I’m going to have to be a point because I’m only 6-foot-2,” Foster said. “It’s something that I have to do. Being a point guard is kind of new to me, but I picked up some point guard things.”

Like what?

“Pick-and-roll stuff, ball-handling stuff, getting the ball up the court [without dribbling], how to split traps, stuff like that.”

Basically, Dauster Dog (aka "The Dog") was thinking "If I type 'oscar Weber' here, it is like pointing out that Mary was the mother of Jesus....duh."  The Dog gets it.

as usual, you analysis is spot on.  pretty studly stuff.  #QuadStuds
sometimes the dog's articles are so cleverly written that you don't get his entire meaning until after several readings and admittedly, i have only read this particular foster article 14 times.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: July 28, 2014, 01:33:20 PM »
thoughts?

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: July 28, 2014, 02:01:51 PM »
thoughts?

OK, yeah.  I just read it for the 17th time, and this gem finally jumped out at me:

I’ll be frank: playing Foster at the point would not be ideal for the Wildcats. Regardless of how much he’s worked this offseason, he’s at his best at the college level when he’s playing as a scoring guard. He’s a lethal three-point shooter when he gets into a rhythm and he’s got the strength and explosiveness to overpower defenders when he’s attacking the rim. Regardless of what position he projects as at the next level, Foster is a terrific scoring guard in college.

But with Will Spradling graduating and a pair of unproven point guards — sophomores Nigel Johnson and Jevon Thomas — it’s not a bad thing if Foster becomes an improved playmaker, particularly when you consider that Kansas State has brought in a trio of promising transfers (Hopper, Stephen Hurtt and Brandon Bolden) and returns sophomore wing Westicles, who is expected to have a big sophomore season.

First time I read that, I thought it was straight talk ("honest") basketball analysis of Marcus Foster and his position / usage on the floor.   

But, then around the 8th or 9th time I read this (I spilled coffee on my notes, so the exact re-reading point is blurry, but's definitely greater than 5, and less than 10 because I was eating Cheetos at 10 and noticed the smudges on the paper and it was way before that), I thought "Man, this guy is making a Frank Martin quip."  I mean, "i'll be frank????"  LOL, I read you Dog!  It seemed clear to me that the Dog was saying "If I put myself in the shoes of Frank Martin, how would I break this mother rough rider down?"  Seemed like a very Frank Martin type analysis.

But, then I reread this the 17th time, and I essentially just let my mind go, and spirit journeyed into the Dog's mind's eye.  I had missed the point completely.  The Dog, being what amounts to a current day Merlin the Wizard, is REALLY saying "Hold up, Frank Martin may say THIS, BUT oscar Weber would counter by saying the bit about ' it’s not a bad thing if Foster becomes an improved playmaker'."  Those two paragraphs are the Dog  shape-shifting in and out of the brain of 2 major conference coaches.

Brilliant.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: July 28, 2014, 02:31:54 PM »
crap man i got really busy at work and haven't had time to read it 3 more times but am really pumped to get to the Mind's Eye Level 17.
might have to wait until tonight i don't know.  i do think there's more to this article that we haven't quite gotten to yet, something is telling me that we're only scratch the surface of this seed that the dog has given us.

Offline Pete

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: July 28, 2014, 02:51:00 PM »
What do you think happens at the 20th reading?  I don't even want to speculate on that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: July 28, 2014, 03:19:25 PM »
i don't know but i'm going to find out tonight.  a little scared to go past level 15 with the dog's writings but i guess the time has come. 

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: July 28, 2014, 04:45:40 PM »

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:58 PM »
Fitz just said on BITB that Foster is about ten pounds overweight.  Which is like, hey Fitz, glass houses.

Sent using Tapatalk Elite on iPhone 6

Offline wabash909

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • scattered all over like seeds in the wind
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: July 29, 2014, 04:35:45 PM »
Man, can you imagine how hard it must be to lose ten whole pounds if you're a 19 year old D-1 athlete?  The answer, is pretty hard.

Texas Christian University coach Gary Patterson has been hired as Kansas State's 34th football coach, multiple sources have confirmed to GoPowercat.com.  Patterson replaces Ron Prince, who was fired Wednesday. - Tim Fitzgerald   Nov, 7, 2008

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: July 29, 2014, 04:42:05 PM »
Fitz just said on BITB that Foster is about ten pounds overweight.  Which is like, hey Fitz, glass houses.

He read this thread and threw a dart.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: July 29, 2014, 04:59:11 PM »
Just because he is 10 lbs heavier does not mean he is 10 lbs overweight.  :Ugh:

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 29, 2014, 05:33:28 PM »
Just because he is 10 lbs heavier does not mean he is 10 lbs overweight.  :Ugh:
[/quote
 I fully agree but he used the word overweight.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: July 29, 2014, 07:53:33 PM »
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 29, 2014, 09:04:07 PM »
I could lose 10 pounds in 7 days and I'm skinny AF! God damnit, fitz! :shakesfist:

Offline EllRobersonisInnocent

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 29, 2014, 09:06:12 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if the extra weight caused a knee or ankle injury at some point this season.

Offline 420seriouscat69

• Don't get zapped! #zap
  • Wackycat
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • #1 rated - gE NFL Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 29, 2014, 09:08:43 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me if the extra weight caused a knee or ankle injury at some point this season.
:dubious:

Offline Asteriskhead

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • giving new meaning to the term "anger juice"
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 29, 2014, 10:17:57 PM »
ten pounds of water weight in a week is child's play.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 30, 2014, 08:08:12 AM »

Wouldn't surprise me if this dumbass post caused a face or throat injury at some point this season.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 30, 2014, 09:25:04 AM »
Pretty obvs that MF is gaining weight to fill the Shane stretch 4 shoes.

oscar is a step ahead of you all.

Offline SdK

• Libertine
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 30, 2014, 09:58:13 AM »
Pretty obvs that MF is gaining weight to fill the Shane stretch 4 shoes.

oscar is a step ahead of you all.
Ala Hoskins? :love:

Offline 'taterblast

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Hi, I'm James McGill.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: August 21, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »