Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 267398 times)

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #150 on: March 02, 2014, 01:23:43 PM »
Foster continues to be 6/7 on ESPN/Goodman's Top 10 FR list.

7. Marcus Foster, G, Kansas State Wildcats
6-2, 200 pounds

The somewhat anonymous recruit had been huge for oscar Weber and the Wildcats' success this season. Foster had 17 points in a win at Texas Tech on Tuesday, and finished with 11 points in a home victory over Iowa State.

This week: Monday at Oklahoma State; Saturday vs. Baylor

Stats: 15.1 PPG, 3.4 RPG, 39 percent 3-pointers | Previous rank: 6

The list:
1. Parker, Duke
2. Ennis, Syracuse
3. Wiggins, KU
4. Embiid, KU
5. Randle, UK
6. Taylor, UT
7. Foster, K-State
8. Gordon, Arizona
9. Mickey, LSU
10. Vonleh, Indiana

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 02, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »
Sorry if it has been talked about before, but.....

Anyone notice that Foster loves to take our first shot or gets a shot off in our first 2 poss.  I love how he tries to get himself going early in the game. 

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 02, 2014, 02:12:08 PM »
Sorry if it has been talked about before, but.....

Anyone notice that Foster loves to take our first shot or gets a shot off in our first 2 poss.  I love how he tries to get himself going early in the game.
Ya I've been noticing this too
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 02, 2014, 02:32:55 PM »
I love that Foster has taken that initiative. At least I assume it's him, but it could be planned by oscar. Don't really know how that works.

It can be frustrating because Marcus knows he's the guy, and he is the guy, but when he finally got consistent minutes after being on the bench because of foul trouble, he tried to force some shots that I don't think he should have.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2014, 02:42:11 PM »
I love that Foster has taken that initiative. At least I assume it's him, but it could be planned by oscar. Don't really know how that works.

It can be frustrating because Marcus knows he's the guy, and he is the guy, but when he finally got consistent minutes after being on the bench because of foul trouble, he tried to force some shots that I don't think he should have.

I'd be willing to bet that MF taking the first shot is more about him being aggressive than it is about oscar designing plays. Those shots usually come within e offense and not on set plays.

No one complains about his forced shots when he makes them. He's so good sometimes the his definition of being open is much different than everyone else's. His 3 late in the game yesterday wasn't exactly a wide open look...

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 02, 2014, 02:44:40 PM »
I get that. I'm not against him taking forced shots. But it was a lot of forced shots in a row, and a few times someone else was wide open.

Offline TownieCat

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I have no rhythm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 02, 2014, 02:52:31 PM »
I get that. I'm not against him taking forced shots. But it was a lot of forced shots in a row, and a few times someone else was wide open.

He only took 6 shots yesterday - his fewest of the season. Playing only 21 minutes probably had a lot to do with that tho.

I think he has more issues with turnovers when he's trying to force things than he does with taking bad shots.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 02, 2014, 02:55:33 PM »

He only took 6 shots yesterday - his fewest of the season. Playing only 21 minutes probably had a lot to do with that tho.

I think he has more issues with turnovers when he's trying to force things than he does with taking bad shots.

Yes, sorry. I meant to include that into my original talking point.

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2014, 03:27:40 PM »

I didnt even think Marcus was averaging that
@Trogdor_gE

Offline kim carnes

• chingon!
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2014, 03:31:48 PM »

that is for February FYI

Offline Powercat Posse

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2014, 03:38:06 PM »
You meant to say that those stats were from "Fosterary."   

Foul trouble did hurt his start of "Marchus"

Offline Trogdor

• Hoodcat
  • Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2014, 03:51:19 PM »

that is for February FYI

I can read, yes. Good job at noticing. Thought I'd be the only one to see that
@Trogdor_gE

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #162 on: June 26, 2014, 09:47:04 AM »
Rob Dauster
?@RobDauster
Here at the Nike Skills Academy. Marcus Foster is putting on a show right now. Burying threes, hit a pull up, looks really bouncy.

Offline The1BigWillie

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Known to be a horrible person... (BORN 7/4/75)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 26, 2014, 10:30:32 AM »
Rob Dauster
?@RobDauster
Here at the Nike Skills Academy. Marcus Foster is putting on a show right now. Burying threes, hit a pull up, looks really bouncy.

:gocho:
"That's what you get when you let some dude from Los Angles/Texas with the alias Mookfu raw dog it.  Willesgirl can back me up here.  There's a lesson in this.  You only get HIV once; make it count." - Mr. Bread

Offline Pett

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • KLI GOD
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 26, 2014, 10:58:59 AM »
He supposedly went off at the NSA. What a stud

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 26, 2014, 01:02:55 PM »
He supposedly went off at the NSA. What a stud

Champion for privacy #FosterThePeoplesChamp

Offline nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 01, 2014, 01:10:38 AM »

6-2, 200 pounds

The somewhat anonymous recruit had been huge for oscar Weber and the Wildcats' success this season. Foster had 17 points in a win at Texas Tech on Tuesday, and finished with 11 points in a home victory over Iowa State.

The list:
1. Parker, Duke
2. Ennis, Syracuse
3. Wiggins, KU
4. Embiid, KU
5. Randle, UK
6. Taylor, UT
7. Foster, K-State
8. Gordon, Arizona
9. Mickey, LSU
10. Vonleh, Indiana

Marcus could very well be the best returning sophomore in 2014-15. Hell, he could be the best returner in college basketball.

There are a few guys that have an arguement (some pretty weak) to be a better returning player in a major conference. Probably Missing a couple as well.

JayVaughn Pinkston - Villanova (Sr.)
Perry Ellis - Kansas (Jr.)
Wayne Selden - Kansas (So.)
Le'Bryan Nash - Oklahoma State (Sr.)

Yogi Ferrell - Indiana (Jr.)
Branden Dawson - Michigan State (Sr.)
Andre Hollins - Minnesota (Sr.)

D'vauntes Smith-Rivera - Georgetown (Jr.)

Rasheed Sulaimon - Duke (Jr.)
Montrezl Harrell - Louisville (Jr.)
Dez Wells - Maryland (Sr.)

Aaron Harrison - Kentucky (So.)
Andrew Harrison - Kentucky (So.)
Willie Cauley-Stein - Kentucky (Jr.)

Kevin Pangos - Gonzaga (Sr.)
Tyler Haws - BYU (Jr.)
Fred VanVleet - Wichita St. (Jr.)
Ron Baker - Wichita St. (Jr.)

It would be tough to earn AA status as there will be some new one-and-done guys and it seems like AA teams prefer upperclassmen if they aren't supremo freshmen, but it's possible.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 01:13:57 AM by nicname »
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 01, 2014, 07:41:14 AM »
Le'Bryan Nash - Oklahoma State (Sr.)? get the eff outta here. dudes softer than miracle whip on a pillow

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2014, 09:42:30 AM »
Oh man kslim hilarious softness reference.  What if there was a baby bunny on that pillow with a bunch of cotton balls and cotton candy too?  Holy crap that'd be soft!
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline PowercatPat

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • #BID
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 01, 2014, 09:44:23 AM »
Le'Bryan Nash - Oklahoma State (Sr.)? get the eff outta here. dudes softer than miracle whip on a pillow

Hard to believe he was a McDonald's AA.

Offline kslim

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 01, 2014, 09:47:05 AM »
Oh man kslim hilarious softness reference.  What if there was a baby bunny on that pillow with a bunch of cotton balls and cotton candy too?  Holy crap that'd be soft!
really really soft

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 01, 2014, 10:17:35 AM »

6-2, 200 pounds

The list:
1. Parker, Duke
2. Ennis, Syracuse
3. Wiggins, KU
4. Embiid, KU
5. Randle, UK
6. Taylor, UT
7. Foster, K-State
8. Gordon, Arizona
9. Mickey, LSU
10. Vonleh, Indiana

Marcus could very well be the best returning sophomore in 2014-15. Hell, he could be the best returner in college basketball.

There are a few guys that have an arguement (some pretty weak) to be a better returning player in a major conference. Probably Missing a couple as well.

JayVaughn Pinkston - Villanova (Sr.)
Perry Ellis - Kansas (Jr.)
Wayne Selden - Kansas (So.)
Le'Bryan Nash - Oklahoma State (Sr.)

Yogi Ferrell - Indiana (Jr.)
Branden Dawson - Michigan State (Sr.)
Andre Hollins - Minnesota (Sr.)

D'vauntes Smith-Rivera - Georgetown (Jr.)

Rasheed Sulaimon - Duke (Jr.)
Montrezl Harrell - Louisville (Jr.)
Dez Wells - Maryland (Sr.)

Aaron Harrison - Kentucky (So.)
Andrew Harrison - Kentucky (So.)
Willie Cauley-Stein - Kentucky (Jr.)

Kevin Pangos - Gonzaga (Sr.)
Tyler Haws - BYU (Jr.)
Fred VanVleet - Wichita St. (Jr.)
Ron Baker - Wichita St. (Jr.)

It would be tough to earn AA status as there will be some new one-and-done guys and it seems like AA teams prefer upperclassmen if they aren't supremo freshmen, but it's possible.

This is an interesting topic.  I would definitely add Kaminsky (Sr.) and Dekker (Jr.) from Wisconsin.  Those two are both very good.  Also Marcus Paige (Jr.) from UNC.

This dood (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-06-17/top-10-shooting-guards-aaron-harrison-ron-baker-wayne-selden-buddy-hield/slide/1) thinks Foster is only the 10th best shooting guard in the country.  He has Rayvonte Rice from Illinois ahead of Foster.  I like Ray a lot personally.  Hmmm. 

Player           GP   MIN   PPG   RPG   APG   SPG   BPG   TPG   FG%   FT%   3P%
Rayvonte Rice   35   32.7   15.9   6.0   1.5   1.7   0.3   1.6   .430   .731   .295
Marcus Foster   33   29.4   15.5   3.2   2.5   0.6   0.2   2.2   .423   .734   .395
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 01, 2014, 10:36:38 AM »
Juwan Staten (Sr.)

Offline _33

• The Inventor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2014, 10:43:52 AM »
This dood (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2014-06-17/top-10-shooting-guards-aaron-harrison-ron-baker-wayne-selden-buddy-hield/slide/1) thinks Foster is only the 10th best shooting guard in the country.  He has Rayvonte Rice from Illinois ahead of Foster.  I like Ray a lot personally.  Hmmm. 

Rayvonte Rice   35   32.7   15.9   6.0   1.5   1.7   0.3   1.6   .430   .731   .295
Marcus Foster   33   29.4   15.5   3.2   2.5   0.6   0.2   2.2   .423   .734   .395

Wow he is terrible at 3's.  3's are like my all time favorite basketball play so I would not be a big Ray fan.  But to each his own.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2014, 11:01:16 AM »

Wow he is terrible at 3's.  3's are like my all time favorite basketball play so I would not be a big Ray fan.  But to each his own.

He's very good at everything else, but yes I would like to see him not be so shitty at it.  Part of that is we were fairly shitty a good chunk of last season and he was often our entire offense.  Had to force up bad shots late.  Once we started the two freshmen, Nunn and Hill, we were better on offense.  We also add two transfer guards next year who are good three point shooters in Starks (39.5% in 162 attempts in his last season at Oregon State) and Cosby (40% in 165 attempts his last season with Seton Hall). 

Ray excels at getting to the rim, not jacking up contested threes.  He should have better opportunities to drive and more open looks from three with our other shooters spacing the floor.  Drive finish, drive kick or spot up as the defense rotates to the other shooters.  I expect he'll be much more efficient on offense next season. 

He is also a very bad ass human being and I appreciate that.  Not a whiner or a pussy or a flopper.  He's fun to root for.