Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 263435 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1075 on: February 19, 2015, 02:04:12 PM »
The thing too is that if you actually respect your boss you feel bad if you let them down, so you are less apt to do so.  So instead of just fear of punishment you have guilt as a motivator.  Can be a big one.  #pastriesforthought
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: February 19, 2015, 02:05:56 PM »
hopefully he was on the phone with smu last night, larry brown would love to have marcus and he'd be closer to home

Would be great for both Marcus and Larry.
If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: February 19, 2015, 02:08:02 PM »
While I don't want oscar around anymore . . . I'll never quite get why this board appears to, with great regularity, always think it's the coach.   

I didn't get to watch and only got to listen to the game for a bit last night, but Wyattvision and Stan didn't paint a good picture of Foster's effort.  Maybe their just part of the narrative that the athletic department wants to get out there about Foster.    :dunno:

My guess.

I wouldn't say that this board always thinks it's the coach. I think it depends on whether or not the board likes either the coach or player in question, and how much.

If there was a gif of nicname thwarting the attempted-flag-taker and then gesturing him to suck it, followed by motioning for all of Hilton Shelter to boo him louder, it'd be better than that auburn gif.

Online michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: February 19, 2015, 02:09:13 PM »
This board is a thing with unified opinions

Offline Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: February 19, 2015, 02:13:37 PM »
This board is a thing with unified opinions

there is The Board, and then there is The Board^(-1) [wackydax]

catzacker

« Reply #1080 on: February 19, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »
oscar chooses to bench marcus for rholeder but lets jevon eff up all over the court and stay in.  Foster is becoming a convenient scapegoat for oscar.

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 19, 2015, 02:34:04 PM »
Jevon tries hard in practice I bet. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Mixed-Nutz

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Square
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 19, 2015, 03:31:33 PM »
oscar chooses to bench marcus for rholeder but lets jevon eff up all over the court and stay in.  Foster is becoming a convenient scapegoat for oscar.

Jevons tries. It is bullshit oscar can't get the whole team to try constantly. Bullshit that the roster only has one player that can penetrate.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 19, 2015, 03:39:38 PM »
Has anyone considered the possibility that Foster is a team cancer?  I know this thesis is GPC-worthy, but....

Remember last year when everyone was amazed at the find Weber had in the "overlooked" Marcus Foster?  Could it be that other teams passed on him because of his personal issues, including negative influence in the locker room, and learned that by doing their homework?

Could be that oscar didn't do his homework, or knowingly took on a player that would have a team cancer effect? 

Consider it tuckish if you like, but you'd have to be pretty narrow-minded to discount the possibility.

i'm sure a collection of downgrade mongloids has considered that possibilty

'clams, the clinical term is Downs Syndrome, if you don't mind.  And I'm mid-grade FWIW.

Online pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 19, 2015, 03:43:33 PM »
the finger wasn't pointed at you, OBVIOUSLY

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ChiComCat

• Chawbacon
  • Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 19, 2015, 04:07:21 PM »
If teams backed off of him after doing homework, oscar didn't and so it is now his job to get his best player to buy in. 

For me to say Foster is a team cancer, I would have to think the team would be better without him.  I really don't know how anybody could make that argument the way this season has gone.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 19, 2015, 04:32:36 PM »
Mr. Bread, did oscar lose his teams at Illinois as badly as he's losing this one?

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 19, 2015, 04:44:29 PM »
Mr. Bread, did oscar lose his teams at Illinois as badly as he's losing this one?

Is this the first time you've been on goEMAW?

Offline #LIFE

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 19, 2015, 04:52:54 PM »
Kitchen on 610 just basically called MF a FP,TC and that he is bringing the team down.  Says we might be better with him gone. Did he watch the games when he was suspended?  Good grief, I can't wrap my mind how these dumbasses think like this  :facepalm:

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1089 on: February 19, 2015, 04:54:32 PM »
Why would anyone even interview him?  I guess he's back to pretending to be a sports journo again?

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 19, 2015, 05:18:14 PM »
While I don't want oscar around anymore . . . I'll never quite get why this board appears to, with great regularity, always think it's the coach.   

I didn't get to watch and only got to listen to the game for a bit last night, but Wyattvision and Stan didn't paint a good picture of Foster's effort.  Maybe their just part of the narrative that the athletic department wants to get out there about Foster.    :dunno:

I would say that their analysis is clouded a bit from what they are fed by oscar. Specific to last night, I didn't see an effort issue with anyone. Sure Rohedler played harder than everyone else, but duh he's a walkon. Last night the problem was skill and execution, not effort. Now generally I can't speak for everyone but I am not sure anyone completely absolves Marcus of responsibility. There is certainly shared responsibility and in a case like that oscar is going to, and should, take the flak. His style does not endear players to want to play hard for him. He has this soft strength and conditioning program, slow offense, squeaky voice, throws players under the bus and makes excuses. In addition to that oscar has a history of this happening, his last season at Illinois he speculated that the entire team quit on the season.

oscar didn't force Marcus to smoke weed and oscar didn't make Marcus a pouty mess at OSU. However, it is oscar has done all of the things I mentioned in the previous paragraph and none of that motivates anyone to want to do anything for you. As Rage Against the McKee said, oscar is the one being paid millions of dollars to fix this and as 'zacker pointed out he is obviously scapegoating Marcus so no one should feel bad for oscar, he's doing this to himself.

Offline wazucat

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 19, 2015, 08:27:33 PM »
Just a rando thought I can not get out of my mind today,  Rodney McGruder was and is a Saint.  Now back to the topic, oscar is absolutely with out doubt scape goating Marcus,  and with great effect for much of our fan base.

Offline Cire

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 19, 2015, 09:04:44 PM »
I'm sure marcus has been a pain in the ass at times, isn't a great leader right now etc but for Christ sakes oscar and co.have had a long time to figure the buttons out.

Online nicname

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 19, 2015, 09:06:17 PM »
The thing too is that if you actually respect your boss you feel bad if you let them down, so you are less apt to do so.  So instead of just fear of punishment you have guilt as a motivator.  Can be a big one.  #pastriesforthought

Absolutely.

Offline HELLHAMMER

• Katpak'r
  • BO DARVILLE'S STUNT DOUBLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 19, 2015, 09:58:46 PM »
Shane always grinning and trying to enjoy playing basketball last year ruined Marcus. 
High on Crack, Toting a Machine Gun

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: February 19, 2015, 10:03:47 PM »
Buy in or quit. 
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Offline Bqqkie Pimp

• qoEMAW ambassador
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • qoEMAW's official representative to goEMAW
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: February 20, 2015, 09:52:27 AM »
hopefully he was on the phone with smu last night, larry brown would love to have marcus and he'd be closer to home

Foster ain't goin' nowhere.  We ended up in a convo with a guy at the HS gym TCU plays in that is part of the staff of the AAU team Foster played on in Texas and my bro flat out asked him if Foster was looking to get out.

The guy basically said that Marcus is a momma's boy and there ain't no way momma is having any part of that.

:buh-bye:
bears are fast...

Offline Fldermaus

• Combo-Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: February 20, 2015, 09:58:09 AM »
Kitchen on 610 just basically called MF a FP,TC and that he is bringing the team down.  Says we might be better with him gone. Did he watch the games when he was suspended?  Good grief, I can't wrap my mind how these dumbasses think like this  :facepalm:

I guess they think that the rest of the roster would look better and play with more confidence if they didn't have to deal with the specter of a guy who has above average skill at playing basketball?

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: February 20, 2015, 10:00:15 AM »
Hopefully we don't Maurice Clarrett him. How awful would that be?
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Online CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: February 20, 2015, 10:01:33 AM »

Foster ain't goin' nowhere.  We ended up in a convo with a guy at the HS gym TCU plays in that is part of the staff of the AAU team Foster played on in Texas and my bro flat out asked him if Foster was looking to get out.

The guy basically said that Marcus is a momma's boy and there ain't no way momma is having any part of that.

:buh-bye:

Mommas like seeing their baby boys play and being treated correctly.