Author Topic: Marcus Foster  (Read 265584 times)

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
Re: Marcus Foster
« Reply #1050 on: February 19, 2015, 10:32:07 AM »
I was crushed when Nick Williams left. I couldn't understand it.
It brought me to message boards

Was he good?
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: February 19, 2015, 10:36:49 AM »
Had a good freshman year for us. So-so at Cincy, but was called on to play point guard some. Shot well from the outside at K-State, but not later.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: February 19, 2015, 10:38:58 AM »
I'm to the point that I'm sure this will happen. Marcus is transferring and I don't think there is much we can do about it.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: February 19, 2015, 10:40:27 AM »
I'm to the point that I'm sure this will happen. Marcus is transferring and I don't think there is much we can do about it.

We can fire oscar.

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: February 19, 2015, 10:41:50 AM »

We can fire oscar.
I just don't see Currie doing this. There is no way he fires his guy after one bad year. I know it's been beat to death on this blog, but it is true.
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: February 19, 2015, 10:42:31 AM »

Well after that crap last night, I would be disappointed in him if he didn't.  oscar practically dared him to transfer.  Though maybe oscar knows Mr. Currie won't let him. 
My prescience is fully engorged.  It throbs with righteous accuracy.  I am sated.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1056 on: February 19, 2015, 10:54:38 AM »

Well after that crap last night, I would be disappointed in him if he didn't.  oscar practically dared him to transfer.  Though maybe oscar knows Mr. Currie won't let him.

With the stunt of pulling Marcus out of the promotional stuff, I'm not sure the AD is really going to go to bat for Marcus.

I'm just going to assume the whole AD has bought into oscar's narrative.

Offline sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: February 19, 2015, 10:59:39 AM »
maybe oscar knows Mr. Currie won't let him.

With the stunt of pulling Marcus out of the promotional stuff, I'm not sure the AD is really going to go to bat for Marcus.

i'm not sure romero would describe her ordeal as having had the a.d. go to bat for her.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 19, 2015, 11:20:29 AM »
maybe oscar knows Mr. Currie won't let him.

i'm not sure romero would describe her ordeal as having had the a.d. go to bat for her.

Yes, dax didn't even try that take. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 19, 2015, 11:23:39 AM »

I was saying Marcus would try to leave and Currie would block him because he is good at basketball like Leti and Angel.  Not that Currie wouldn't let oscar oscar Marcus if oscar were so inclined.  If oscar wants him gone he's gone.  oscar doesn't want that.  He wants Marcus to stay and do as oscar says to do. 

Offline ksupamplemousse

• Elevate
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 19, 2015, 11:27:36 AM »

Was he good?

He was no Cortez Groves, that's for sure.
This is who I am...I have no problem crying. - Jerome Tang

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 19, 2015, 11:29:04 AM »

Was he good?

he could dribble with both hands and was fairly athletic with a decent looking shot, so yeah for kstate at the time he looked pretty amazing.

Offline Panjandrum

• 5 o'clock Shadow Enthusiast
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Amateur magician and certified locksmith.
    • View Profile
    • Bring on the Cats [An SB Nation Blog]
« Reply #1062 on: February 19, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »

I was saying Marcus would try to leave and Currie would block him because he is good at basketball like Leti and Angel.  Not that Currie wouldn't let oscar oscar Marcus if oscar were so inclined.  If oscar wants him gone he's gone.  oscar doesn't want that.  He wants Marcus to stay and do as oscar says to do.

Well, that's a very good point.  I didn't really think about the Leti and Angel scenarios and the precedents those set.

So, thank you, Bread and sys.

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 19, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »
Has anyone considered the possibility that Foster is a team cancer?  I know this thesis is GPC-worthy, but....

Remember last year when everyone was amazed at the find Weber had in the "overlooked" Marcus Foster?  Could it be that other teams passed on him because of his personal issues, including negative influence in the locker room, and learned that by doing their homework?

Could be that oscar didn't do his homework, or knowingly took on a player that would have a team cancer effect? 

Consider it tuckish if you like, but you'd have to be pretty narrow-minded to discount the possibility.

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 19, 2015, 11:47:06 AM »
For some reason (probably because statsheet is crap) I can't get freshman Marcus Foster to work. Still, SO Foster compared to FR Nick Williams is interesting.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/compare?add=nick-williams&i=1&nick-williams=2001-2002&p1=marcus-foster

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 19, 2015, 11:56:08 AM »
Has anyone considered the possibility that Foster is a team cancer?  I know this thesis is GPC-worthy, but....

Remember last year when everyone was amazed at the find Weber had in the "overlooked" Marcus Foster?  Could it be that other teams passed on him because of his personal issues, including negative influence in the locker room, and learned that by doing their homework?

Could be that oscar didn't do his homework, or knowingly took on a player that would have a team cancer effect? 

Consider it tuckish if you like, but you'd have to be pretty narrow-minded to discount the possibility.

i'm sure a collection of downgrade mongloids has considered that possibilty

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline ednksu

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 19, 2015, 11:56:19 AM »
maybe Foster will transfer to Washburn and then get run out of there
Quote from: OregonHawk
KU is right on par with Notre Dame ... when it comes to adding additional conference revenue

Quote from: Kim Carnes
Beer pro tip: never drink anything other than BL, coors, pbr, maybe a few others that I'm forgetting

Offline EMAWzified

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 19, 2015, 11:59:51 AM »

Doesn't this kind of thing get brought up on recruiting sites. You can read a lot of negative stuff about high school recruits. Also, his high school coach always praised him.
I just think it's Weber a. selfishly not wanting a star to take away all his luster, or b. marginalizing his best player to deflect blame for a  crappy season.

Offline CHONGS

• Master of the Atom
  • Administrator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
    • goEMAW.com
« Reply #1068 on: February 19, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
It's people projecting. 

Offline Mr Bread

• We Gave You Bruce
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • I've distressing news.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 19, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »

Other teams passed on him because he was hurt and then he was fat mostly I think.  Everyone, save maybe some bluebloods, will want him this time around.  There probably isn't a single high major coach out there right now that doesn't earnestly believe that they can reach and relate to players better than oscar Weber.  No one will be deterred because oscar failed.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 19, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »
hopefully he was on the phone with smu last night, larry brown would love to have marcus and he'd be closer to home

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:14 PM »
Marcus would be amazing on a team with a decent point guard and or forward.  Amazing. 

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 19, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
While I don't want oscar around anymore . . . I'll never quite get why this board appears to, with great regularity, always think it's the coach.   

I didn't get to watch and only got to listen to the game for a bit last night, but Wyattvision and Stan didn't paint a good picture of Foster's effort.  Maybe their just part of the narrative that the athletic department wants to get out there about Foster.    :dunno:

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 19, 2015, 01:59:08 PM »
While I don't want oscar around anymore . . . I'll never quite get why this board appears to, with great regularity, always think it's the coach.   

I didn't get to watch and only got to listen to the game for a bit last night, but Wyattvision and Stan didn't paint a good picture of Foster's effort.  Maybe their just part of the narrative that the athletic department wants to get out there about Foster.    :dunno:
Effort is a skill that can be taught.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 19, 2015, 02:02:02 PM »

It's because the coach recruits his players and gets paid millions of dollars per year to manage talent, while the players are just trying to get an education and maybe get to play basketball for a living after college.