Author Topic: Where were you when Jacob Pullen broke the points record?  (Read 3223 times)

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
Re: Where were you when Jacob Pullen broke the points record?
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
Bramlage ICAT

Well that shows that you obviously have no idea where you were when he broke the points record

I was thinking of the 2,000 point mark vs. overrated MU in the bram.

Offline ben ji

• Senior Moderator
  • PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Alot of people dont hit on an 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 01:03:52 PM »
Thanks for all the great responses!

I watched the Jacob Pullen Tribute last night and when I saw the play I flashed back to exactly where I was at the time.

It was pretty awesome!

Offline kso_FAN

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 01:06:02 PM »
I watched the game with a friend in Manhattan. Sad day.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 04:52:24 PM »
um, my parents house, pretty sure.
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline cfbandyman

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • To da 'ville.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 05:56:23 PM »
Parent's living room, and I had been counting down the points record the entire season, so when he got that steal I was super jazzed the entire time he was running down the court and when he laid it in I did a glorious fist pump and reveled in the greatest K-State basketball player of all time. And then we lost.
A&M Style: 1/19/13 Co-Champion of THE ED's College Basketball Challenge

The art of the deal with it poors

OG Elon hater with a tesla

Offline Lucas Scoopsalot

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 09:04:06 PM »
I think I'm going to name my first born son "Pullen"
Luke's stock is rising as Winters continues to validate his greatness. Add Luke and Winters to my list! Also, EMAWBLAST! and Tobias!

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 03:07:19 AM »
Electricity went out on the northwest side of MHK right as the game started, so we went to the closest bar that had seating available, which was Cat Tracks. We sprinted out of there right at halftime to find a different place to watch it. I was with some friends who called a friend I didn't really know, and we went to his apartment to watch the rest of the game. I remember when he laid it in, and I just knew we were going to win because we had been down the entire second half and that gave us the lead, Pullen broke the record, and everything was finally right in this world. And then, well you know the rest.

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2013, 03:12:11 AM »
Fatty told me a great story about the Wiscy game, and maybe he's shared it with a lot of you and maybe he even posted it on this board but I'm going to share it in case he didn't. He was with Weesam in California at the time and watching the game. Obviously fatty was really excited when Pullen broke the record, because he was a very excitable guy, and he thought the same things I did (everything was right now, we're definitely going to win). And when the last second ticked off and it was final that we had lost, fatty took off out of his brother's door and just started running. It was raining, more of a hard sprinkle, and he didn't know what to do with his emotions so he just kept running and running. He hadn't been in this area of town too much so he had no idea where he was or what direction he was headed in, but he just kept running because it's all he could do. After 15 minutes or so, he stopped, finally conscious of how lost he was. He had his cell phone so he gave Weesam a call.
"Okay, you can pick me up now"
"Haha, where are you?"
"I don't know man, by some hospital. Just find me and pick me up."
And then fatty had to stand in the rain for ten minutes while his brother drove there.

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2013, 08:45:26 AM »
Electricity went out on the northwest side of MHK right as the game started, so we went to the closest bar that had seating available, which was Cat Tracks. We sprinted out of there right at halftime to find a different place to watch it. I was with some friends who called a friend I didn't really know, and we went to his apartment to watch the rest of the game. I remember when he laid it in, and I just knew we were going to win because we had been down the entire second half and that gave us the lead, Pullen broke the record, and everything was finally right in this world. And then, well you know the rest.

Um wasn't that lay in right before the end of the first half?  Pretty sure it was.   :dubious:

Online Tobias

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • hypoclique lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
the time on the youtube posted ITT is 17:37 in the 2nd half? :dunno:

Offline Stevesie60

• Fattyfest Champion
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2013, 10:33:02 AM »

Um wasn't that lay in right before the end of the first half?  Pretty sure it was.   :dubious:

No, I have very good flashbulb memory. Most people forget where they were when they learn something, but for some reason I can remember where I was when I learned stuff even from first grade. I can tell you where I sat for every movie I've ever been to. It's really weird. So I'll let this one slip, but don't doubt my memory on stuff like this ever again.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 10:39:41 AM »
I think I'm going to name my first born son "Pullen"

Unorthodox, but still makes more sense than "Pullout."

Offline Emo EMAW

• PCKK7DC Survivor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Unrepentant traditional emobro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 10:47:16 AM »

No, I have very good flashbulb memory. Most people forget where they were when they learn something, but for some reason I can remember where I was when I learned stuff even from first grade. I can tell you where I sat for every movie I've ever been to. It's really weird. So I'll let this one slip, but don't doubt my memory on stuff like this ever again.

You're right.  Just before first TV timeout of second half.   :cheers:  (Please appreciate the lengths I went to prove myself wrong, here.  I had to look up Jake's career points, find out who was #2 (Mike Evans), how many he had scored, and then do the play-by-play add up deal for the Whisky game.)