Author Topic: So let me get this straight . . .  (Read 3639 times)

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
Re: So let me get this straight . . .
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2013, 12:12:56 PM »
Looks like only the UNC game isn't going to be on nationally.   But the rest will be, but it says Fox College Sports will be the channel outide of FSKC/FSMW footprint.

But Pitt State game was right there on FSKC last week out here.

Offline star seed 7

• hyperactive on the :lol:
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • good dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2013, 01:36:03 PM »
I couldn't find last night's Squawks game on Cox cable in Manhattan. The guide said it was supposed to be on Cox 22, but it was actually just the usual weather info. Sounds like a great TV contract you have there if people 80 miles away are unable to watch the games...

WIBW

what's great is lawrence and KC people can't see the game, but MHK/topeka folks can.  pretty much no other city/town/village in kansas can tho  :frown:
Hyperbolic partisan duplicitous hypocrite

Offline yoga-like_abana

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Don't @ me boy, cause I ain't said crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:14 PM »
the hawks are soo deep in dax' dome, sad

Offline deputy dawg

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • Wait, wait....what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2013, 02:05:47 PM »
What's funny is that in one breath my KU friends tell me what a genius Tier 3 deal that Cheyenne negotiated (well above any of the other ignorant conference members), and in the next breath bitch that they can't get KU games on their cable provider.  Must suck to have to suffer through that.

Offline pissclams

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • (worst non-premium poster at goEMAW.com)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2013, 02:26:09 PM »
Looks like only the UNC game isn't going to be on nationally.   But the rest will be, but it says Fox College Sports will be the channel outide of FSKC/FSMW footprint.

But Pitt State game was right there on FSKC last week out here.

yup, watched the Pitt State game at the Beanery in Westwood with some UCLA buds

Cheesy Mustache QB might make an appearance.

New warning: Don't get in a fight with someone who doesn't even need to bother to buy ink.

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 06:07:25 PM »
stop using the term "poors".
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline Fake Sugar Dick (WARNING, NOT THE REAL SUGAR DICK!)

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Kiss my ass and suck my dick
    • View Profile
    • I am the one and only Sugar Dick
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2013, 10:21:22 PM »
KU AD is incompetent at sports, interwebs and tv, but really good at propoganda and indoctrination.
goEMAW Karmic BBS Shepherd

Online wetwillie

• goEMAW Poster of the WEEK
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2013, 10:34:32 PM »

Never going to happen.
When the bullets are flying, that's when I'm at my best

Online sys

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • your reputation will never recover, nor should it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »

Never going to happen.

gonna get ugly eventually.
"experienced commanders will simply be smeared and will actually go to the meat."

Offline MakeItRain

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:19 PM »
I do not have access to FSKC, and I think you severely overestimate the reach of that channel.

Only poors don't get the full slate of "FSXX" channels.  DirecTV carries it in the sports package nationwide.

Only poors have satellite dishes.  Thankfully, my HOA wouldn't allow it even if that was all I could afford.

Yeah, you and your shitty HOA have backed the wrong horse bruh.  Cable is a dinosaur.

I always find it humourous when people act like satellite is some kind of whizzbang futuristic technology :ROFL:.  I think reality shows that expanded fiber networks are where we are headed.

From a pure TV play, the Sats are still WAY ahead of the CTV providers.   

My CTV provider is perfectly fine for Inet, but they absolutely blow on the TV side in comparison to DTV.

That's because they are cheaper and of inferior quality.

What a dumb rough ridin' argument, spracne. Satellite, specifically directv, is the only platform available with access to all american sports leagues, college and pro. People may prefer cable to satellite and those people are generally looking for a cheaper rate. Satellite is in no way inferior to cable, what an absurd thing to say.

Also it is literally against federal law for your HOA to ban tenants from getting satellite television, so either you are a liar or a dumbass. Dax got into your head and now you're saying dumb crap.

Uh you can't get these FSKC games outside of Kansas on satellite. As far as I can tell we can't get the games on ESPN3 anymore either. Friday's game is not listed on the schedule and last week's game wasn't on.

That isn't true at all and hasn't been true for several years years. Also I have no idea who your provider is but the game Friday night is listed on my directv guide.

Offline michigancat

• Contributor
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • change your stupid avatar.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2013, 11:15:39 PM »
I think bookie pimp is just about the only one who still really uses it so...

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »
I do not have access to FSKC, and I think you severely overestimate the reach of that channel.

Only poors don't get the full slate of "FSXX" channels.  DirecTV carries it in the sports package nationwide.

Only poors have satellite dishes.  Thankfully, my HOA wouldn't allow it even if that was all I could afford.

Yeah, you and your shitty HOA have backed the wrong horse bruh.  Cable is a dinosaur.

I always find it humourous when people act like satellite is some kind of whizzbang futuristic technology :ROFL:.  I think reality shows that expanded fiber networks are where we are headed.

From a pure TV play, the Sats are still WAY ahead of the CTV providers.   

My CTV provider is perfectly fine for Inet, but they absolutely blow on the TV side in comparison to DTV.

That's because they are cheaper and of inferior quality.

What a dumb rough ridin' argument, spracne. Satellite, specifically directv, is the only platform available with access to all american sports leagues, college and pro. People may prefer cable to satellite and those people are generally looking for a cheaper rate. Satellite is in no way inferior to cable, what an absurd thing to say.

Also it is literally against federal law for your HOA to ban tenants from getting satellite television, so either you are a liar or a dumbass. Dax got into your head and now you're saying dumb crap.

Uh you can't get these FSKC games outside of Kansas on satellite. As far as I can tell we can't get the games on ESPN3 anymore either. Friday's game is not listed on the schedule and last week's game wasn't on.

That isn't true at all and hasn't been true for several years years. Also I have no idea who your provider is but the game Friday night is listed on my directv guide.

Satellite may be great for bums who want to watch 1,000 crappy, esoteric channels, want to save a few bones, don't like watching TV during inclement weather and like being locked into a service contract for multiple years.  As for my HOA, I willfully signed a contract.  There's nowhere I could put a dish that would not be visible from the street (This bothers me not at all).  More importantly, I was raised to honor the agreements into which I enter.  I know, other people had different upbringings.  Were it not for my Hawks, I would have gotten rid of cable long ago. 

Some yokels in Kansas may be pissed that they no longer get to watch KU play OTA, but imagine the uproar if Hawks fans nationwide were forced to sign a contract and bolt an ugly metal saucer to the side of their homes just to get their fix...

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2013, 11:32:22 AM »
Sat really isn't cheaper, once you get past the initial Promo's DTV will only let you beat them down for a really good deal like one more time, after that they'll toss ya a couple of low end promos or basically tell ya to go ahead and disconnect.    I've had TWC at a few points and they'll throw everything and the kitchen sink at you to keep their $hit service.

But at the end of the day, it really is great to see that lowly K-State is easily accessible on a myriad of CTV/STV systems across most of the midwest, and also easily accessible on a national basis into over 66 million distinct customers and only a $10 a month (or less) sports tier package is needed.   Meanwhile there's ku fans within a stones throw of Lawrence who can't watch the JTV games.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2013, 11:40:30 AM »
Sat really isn't cheaper, once you get past the initial Promo's DTV will only let you beat them down for a really good deal like one more time, after that they'll toss ya a couple of low end promos or basically tell ya to go ahead and disconnect.    I've had TWC at a few points and they'll throw everything and the kitchen sink at you to keep their $hit service.

But at the end of the day, it really is great to see that lowly K-State is easily accessible on a myriad of CTV/STV systems across most of the midwest, and also easily accessible on a national basis into over 66 million distinct customers and only a $10 a month (or less) sports tier package is needed.   Meanwhile there's ku fans within a stones throw of Lawrence who can't watch the JTV games.

I feel no sorrow for them.  There are easy workarounds that don't require any tech savvy whatsoever.  Stupid is as stupid does.

Offline Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
In addition to having the best sports coverage, Direct TV has the best picture quality and sets the standard for hardware quality.  Clearly these things may not mean much to most but it usually does to the types of the enthusiasts that have thousands of posts on a rather narrowly focused message board.

I wish phog.net had a better search function/archives - this TV deal with TWC is almost exactly like the one MU had a few years back that many posters continually mocked.

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »
In addition to having the best sports coverage, Direct TV has the best picture quality and sets the standard for hardware quality.  Clearly these things may not mean much to most but it usually does to the types of the enthusiasts that have thousands of posts on a rather narrowly focused message board.

I wish phog.net had a better search function/archives - this TV deal with TWC is almost exactly like the one MU had a few years back that many posters continually mocked.

Are you saying you have thousands of posts on an A/V or telecom-related message board somewhere?