Author Topic: Spirited debate inspired by Dax.  (Read 25863 times)

Offline pvegs

• Katpak'r
    • View Profile
Re: Dax Goes On A Squawk Hunt
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 11:00:04 PM »
So, like, hope we get Clark. Seemed like he dug his visit and would be a decent fit.

Offline eastcat

• Racist Piece of Shit
  • Katpak'r
  • Labeled by children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 11:13:33 PM »
I can't decide if I want our ball team to be good, or downright horrible so oscar can move on.

So conflicted guys  :frown: :dunno:

Offline Spracne

• Point Plank'r
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Scholar/Gentleman, But Super Earthy/Organic
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 11:24:41 PM »
Well well well, looks like we got a good ole' fashion in-which-multiple-of-ten-does-oscar-webber-fall-in-athon....

catzacker

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 10:01:50 AM »
I’ll just add some fuel to this.  Dax, reconcile your Briles > Snyder take with the there aren’t 40 coaches better than oscar Weber right now take.  Seems to be opposing views.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2013, 10:04:48 AM »
LOL, it's a simple discussion.   Don't say, "I see 40 guys" and then not say who they are.

It's just pure hate just to hate to say Weber doesn't belong on a list of Top 40 or 50 coaches, based on the lists I've seen his overall resume blows some of the guys on those lists out of the water.   

Zacker, did you become a ku fan overnight?  Sounds exactly like the co-mingling of different sports to attempt (poorly) to make a point.

Online steve dave

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
  • Romantic Fist Attachment
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 10:19:27 AM »
dax just called zacker a squawk

catzacker

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
LOL, it's a simple discussion.   Don't say, "I see 40 guys" and then not say who they are.

It's just pure hate just to hate to say Weber doesn't belong on a list of Top 40 or 50 coaches, based on the lists I've seen his overall resume blows some of the guys on those lists out of the water.   

Zacker, did you become a ku fan overnight?  Sounds exactly like the co-mingling of different sports to attempt (poorly) to make a point.

They are actually similar scenarios.  Your argument for Briles > Snyder is that from this point forward he’s better, but if you base it on what they’ve done, Snyder > Briles (i.e. their resumes). 

but yeah, I'm a total ku fan.  so you got me, chief.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 10:29:29 AM »

They are actually similar scenarios.  Your argument for Briles > Snyder is that from this point forward he’s better, but if you base it on what they’ve done, Snyder > Briles (i.e. their resumes). 

So I based my Briles > Snyder on things that hadn't happened yet??  Fascinating, I'll have to back and look because I recall discussing head-to-head matchups, the state of Baylor's program prior to Briles taking over, the prolific nature of Briles offense (you know, actual statistical results) etc. etc.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 10:32:14 AM »

i mean i think the issue is that people have different definitions of top 40 coaches or whatever. for me, it would basically be a list of people that i would want to coach my team and not a list of best resumes without a name at the top. for dax it's different (at least when discussing basketball but not so much football).

His list is like when they list teams for consideration into the bball tournament and tell you their record and top 50 wins et al but don't tell you who the teams actually are. he doesn't care that oscar is towards the bottom of a free fall into nothing because he won a title fifteen years ago at siu just like those nameless bball resumes don't tell you that some team is in a crap conference and their best player broke his leg two weeks ago and another just got ruled inelegible because of grades.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:39:07 AM by rick daris »

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2013, 10:40:14 AM »
A free fall is going 27-9 and having the highest number of single season wins in K-State history and putting the first conference championship trophy in the trophy case in 35 years?

Frank doesn't do that.  In fact, Frank would have completely lost his mind with that team last year and Shane Southwell doesn't smile once the entire season while riding the bench because he farted or looked at Frank cross eyed in the middle of one of Frank's meltdowns.

catzacker

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2013, 10:44:10 AM »

So I based my Briles > Snyder on things that hadn't happened yet??  Fascinating, I'll have to back and look because I recall discussing head-to-head matchups, the state of Baylor's program prior to Briles taking over, the prolific nature of Briles offense (you know, actual statistical results) etc. etc.

Yeah, i thought that's what your argument was because head to head matchups would mean Ron Prince > Mack Brown.  But that's actual results, bud.

I'm done responding to you; you're a child.

Offline Rage Against the McKee

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2013, 10:45:03 AM »
A free fall is going 27-9 and having the highest number of single season wins in K-State history and putting the first conference championship trophy in the trophy case in 35 years?

Frank doesn't do that.  In fact, Frank would have completely lost his mind with that team last year and Shane Southwell doesn't smile once the entire season while riding the bench because he farted or looked at Frank cross eyed in the middle of one of Frank's meltdowns.

Frank doesn't lose in the first round to a 12 seed whose tallest player is 6'4", either.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2013, 10:46:18 AM »

Frank doesn't lose in the first round to a 12 seed whose tallest player is 6'4", either.

Thing is, Frank would have been in the NIT.   That's one of the reasons Frank left, he looked at what he'd created and determined he needed to bail.   

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2013, 10:47:57 AM »

Yeah, i thought that's what your argument was because head to head matchups would mean Ron Prince > Mack Brown.  But that's actual results, bud.

I'm done responding to you; you're a child.

I used a whole host of criteria dumbass, including the head to head matchup.   When the closted tucks showed themselves (as usual) I then hammered home the head-to-head matchup.

Just because your original foray into this discussion was idiotic is no reason to get angry.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2013, 10:48:21 AM »

so basically what i've already said. a nameless resume with only positive work skills/things highlighted. wake me up when you respond with something that i haven't informed you about your stance.

Offline CNS

• Pak'r Élitaire
  • I'm Athletes
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2013, 10:48:34 AM »
If frank thought he couldn't succeed at ksu, it was probably more due to currie, vaughn, and the bullshit that took place with curt and jake, then curt, then jamar as well as probably a bunch of other crap we fans never heard abt

catzacker

« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2013, 10:48:54 AM »
who the f cares about frank?  frank's recruiting suck(ed) after mcgruder's class.  and based on the rankings of the kids weber is bringing in, it looks like oscar's will too.  jfc, weber sucking on his own has nothing to do with frank.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 10:49:38 AM »

Thing is, Frank would have been in the NIT.   That's one of the reasons Frank left, he looked at what he'd created and determined he needed to bail.

OK :jerk:

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 10:56:13 AM »
I'll take on the haters one at a time:

Zacker:  Frank is completely relevant to the conversation when the haters bring up the "other peoples players".   Frank wouldn't have taken that team to the NCAA tourney nor sniffed at a conference title.  Those guys were sick of Frank and his bullshit.

Daris:  Nearly a .700 winning percentage in 15 years as a head coach, over .500 in the NCAA tourney, only one losing season overall, and only 2 losing seasons in conference play.   You have to look long and rough ridin' hard to find much negative in there, the negativity is purely subjective at that juncture.

Offline Dr Rick Daris

• Global Moderator
  • Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »

Daris:  Nearly a .700 winning percentage in 15 years as a head coach, over .500 in the NCAA tourney, only one losing season overall, and only 2 losing seasons in conference play.   You have to look long and rough ridin' hard to find much negative in there, the negativity is purely subjective at that juncture.

gosh darnit dax, no one (especially me) is arguing with your nameless oscar weber resume talking points so you can stop posting them. the argument (at least from me) is that they are simply that and nothing more.

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
http://goEMAW.com/forum/index.php?topic=8727.msg946477#msg946477

Nothing else really needs to be said. The writing is on the wall.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 11:06:26 AM »

gosh darnit dax, no one (especially me) is arguing with your nameless oscar weber resume talking points so you can stop posting them. the argument (at least from me) is that they are simply that and nothing more.

Then there's massive swaths of the so called "Top 40" coaches who have nothing more than nameless talking points on their resume.

Online Skipper44

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 30, 2013, 11:07:34 AM »
Tubby Smith has an NC, 7 regular season conference titles and a 69% winning percentage, where would you put him in your list of coaches Dax?

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 30, 2013, 11:13:41 AM »
Looks like or worse than Frank's recruiting?  Interesting.

So, who in the last 4 years under Frank had an offer list comparable to Hurt?  Maybe Gipson I guess.

247 sports lists Hurt's offer list as:  K-State, Miami, Ole' Miss, Indiana, Arizona.

Offline sonofdaxjones

• Pak'r Élitaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2013, 11:15:11 AM »
Tubby Smith has an NC, 7 regular season conference titles and a 69% winning percentage, where would you put him in your list of coaches Dax?

:dunno: